Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: ribs and barrels for sale

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Pages: 1
Birdhunter50
.375 member

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Iowa,U.S.A.
ribs and barrels for sale
      #270441 - 13/09/15 10:39 PM

Gentlemen,

I have just received a small shipment of new one piece rifle top ribs. They come in three lengths now that will fit barrels in the 22 to 28 inch range depending on the type of construction. The two shorter ones are $110.00 each delivered and the longest ones are $130 each delivered.

They all have a raised quarter rib and front sight base and a hollow ground middle section. They will need to be final fitted to your barrels depending on the barrel contours. They are made from softer grade steel so they will machine well and file fit well. These will save gunmakers a huge amount of time plus they are much stronger than the three piece ones that have to be cobbled together. The picture below shows what they look like, the only differences are in the lengths.
Bob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Birdhunter50
.375 member

Re: ribs and barrels for sale [Re: Birdhunter50]
      #270442 - 13/09/15 10:43 PM

Gentlemen,
If you are thinking about doing a project gun this fall or winter, I still have these ribs for sale as well as hollow bottom ribs to match. These can be put on at least two ways, you can either butt fit them up to the short top rib on your monoblock, or you can machine that part off and overlay these full length. If you do machine off the top rib section, be sure you still have enough contact left between the two sides to hold it together in cases where it was made in two pieces.
I have also left part of the top rib when it was narrower than the new rib and machined a pocket in the bottom side of the top rib so that the new one would fit snugly down over it. Either way makes a nice looking rib without any joint in it. The new bottom ribs are hollow formed to match the hollow ground portion of the top ribs and work very well together. I am keeping the prices the same on all these even though the costs to me have gone up.
I also have some E.R. Shaw 12 gauge rifled barrels for sale that are plenty large enough to monoblock into a 12 gauge frame, they measure 1.1 inches at the breech end and are 24 inches long. By the time you get them monoblocked into your gun you will be able to have a 23 3/4 inch long set double rifled barrels. If you thin them down properly, you can end up with a rifled 12 gauge double that weighs between seven and eight pounds, finished, and it will have the proper balance. These barrels are price cheaply at $100.00 each plus shipping and make up into excellent rifled guns.
I have just a couple pairs of Verney Carron 20 gauge rifled tubes left at $300.00 per pair, plus shipping. The are 30 inches long and are full sized bull barrels and are big enough to use with a twelve gauge frame and monoblock. I have found it wise to monoblock both the 12 gauge and the twenty gauge slug barrels into 12 gauge framed guns. This is so you can get the right amount of weight in each gun to help with recoil control. Twenty gauge barrels, properly profiled and monoblocked into 12 gauge frames make a very streamlined and elegant gun with the proper weight and the balance placed correctly between the hands.
You can look at my past postings to see these product in use on guns I have made. The top and bottom ribs together make for a very strong barrel set construction, especially if soldered with Brownells Hi Force 44 solder, and they will save you many hours of construction time plus they are nice looking. Bob H.

AZDAVE
.275 member

Reged: 12/02/09
Loc: Arizona, USA
Re: ribs and barrels for sale [Re: Birdhunter50]
      #271274 - 04/10/15 01:08 AM

Do you have any ribs and a set of 20ga barrels still for sale?

Birdhunter50
.375 member

Re: ribs and barrels for sale [Re: AZDAVE]
      #271364 - 05/10/15 03:22 AM

Dave,
I can set you up with a pair of 20 gauge rifled Verney Carron barrel blanks and a top rib of your choice plus a bottom rib if you want one. The cost will depend on what length of barrels you want to end up with and how you are going to construct the gun. Send me a P.M. with you choice of barrel length. Thanks for your interest. Bob

Birdhunter50
.375 member

Re: ribs and barrels for sale [Re: AZDAVE]
      #271482 - 07/10/15 11:03 PM

Dave,
The 20 gauge Verney Carron barrels are 30 inches long, bull barrels, and I get $300.00 per pair for them plus $20.00 for shipping, (they are heavy). They are the smoothest barrels inside that I have ever worked with, really slick. The top ribs for 24 and 26 inch barrels are $110.00 delivered with your barrels, and a bottom rib blank is $35.00 if you want one. Thanks for your interest. Bob

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1855

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com