Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: PH Jean Ch Sacaze killed by a dwarf buff

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
PH Jean Ch Sacaze killed by a dwarf buff
      #213580 - 28/07/12 07:47 PM

Following the sad demise of Owain Lewis, it has been aired that a PH in Cameroon has also been killed June the 4th.

Jean Charles Sacaze, formerly gunmaker (gold medal, among the best makers in France (Japaneses say living treasure) in Champagne, got a block in Cameroon and entered in the PH career. He founded Cam safaris. A perfect wet zone for bongo, red buff and sitatunga.

A client wounded a dwarf red buff. As it was in pouring rain, instead of letting the buff cool down from its wound, JC decided to follow up immediately before the rain could washed the track off. Progressing in deep jungle bush (the habitat of the dwarf buff) he was charged and killed.
The dwarf buff is living in dense forest (bako) and should be approached very close to have an opportunity to shoot. To make matter worse this mini-buff is very agressive. For having hunted in this type of jungle, I can assure You that visibility is rarely more than 5m. Luc my cousin and his PH stopped in their progression in dense forest when hearing the clap of élephant's ear. The ele was at 3m and they hadn't see it.
No visibility and the rain muffling any sound, the buff had all the assets.
Jean Charles Sacaze lived the life he has chosen, RIP.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: PH Jean Ch Sacaze killed by a dwarf buff [Re: larcher]
      #213588 - 28/07/12 10:28 PM

seems Sacaze live and died the way it was written by the hands of god in the star's over us.
very sad for the family but for the rest of us someone to remember

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: PH Jean Ch Sacaze killed by a dwarf buff [Re: lancaster]
      #213696 - 30/07/12 07:14 PM

more details

The buff was shot many times by Larchani the client and Sacaze. The buff decamped and then came back and charged.
Sacaze's rifle was empty, he tried to use his side arm but too late. One of the tracker managed to pick out Sacaze's rifle, to load it and killed the buff.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1896

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com