Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: Mauser416]
      #211112 - 19/06/12 03:59 AM

Eric
Congratulations, I think you did as well as you could if you get all of your money back.

I wonder how much influence this and other forums had in his decision?

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mauser416
.300 member

Reged: 20/06/07
Loc: Corpus Christi, Texas
Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: mickey]
      #211123 - 19/06/12 05:37 AM

Mickey,

I think the folks here and on other forums have been instrumental in getting me to this point. I hope that this same influence will bring this to a timely and successful conclusion as well. I cannot thank the folks here enough for their support via post, e-mail or phone call. While I may not necessarily like the notion I also have to thank the folks who pointed out the stupid things I did in the earlier stages of the project. Not that I especially love criticism but in an effort to make sure that the next guy doesn't fall into the same pitfall.

In my eagerness to finally get a DR and given my extended overseas travel I sent the gun and money to "get in queue". This was with the understanding that certain things would happen along the way. Had I been of a more sound state of mind I would have had these questions locked in up front. It may have taken more time to get the project done had everything gone right but would have prevented the ordeal that I have been dealing with till now.

Eric

--------------------
There is nothing worse in this world than an enslaved man who naively believes himself free, except, perhaps, trying to explain to that same man his predicament.

HendrikNZ
.275 member

Reged: 20/12/10
Loc: New Zealand
      #211220 - 20/06/12 08:10 PM

It is really sad to see a fine gun butchered like that.

Is this the same muppet that did the work on your rifle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCe8ld3kik&feature=channel&list=UL

Mauser416
.300 member

Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: HendrikNZ]
      #211230 - 20/06/12 10:48 PM

That is Jim's video. My rifle was supposed to be delivered right around the time he posted that video. I didn't get it until five months later in late May

Eric

--------------------
There is nothing worse in this world than an enslaved man who naively believes himself free, except, perhaps, trying to explain to that same man his predicament.

AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
      #211240 - 21/06/12 02:19 AM

What a DUFUS!

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

450_Ackley
.375 member

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: Darling Downs, Qld Australia
Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: AkMike]
      #211257 - 21/06/12 06:29 AM

Actions speak louder than words here...

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #211274 - 21/06/12 12:24 PM

Mauser416, that thing that J White made is an abomanation of all things mechanical, let alone a firearm of any sort.

I am glad you have received word of a settlement from the man but, given his past record and asking for 60 days, I would not be holding my breath. With the dealings you have had with him I would be very sceptical about receiving any form of compensation from him untill all of it is in your hands. then and only then would I return the abomanation to him.

Yes, I am cynical and untrusting of those who do not uphold their end of agreements.

I do hope that your health picks up and you do aquire a nice DR

Cheers

Greg

Mauser416
.300 member

Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: Rule303]
      #211294 - 22/06/12 12:51 AM

Thanks Rule303 (Breaker Morant?) My health is much better and the minor inconveniences that I currently contend with are just that...minor. They are much better than some of the alternative outcomes that were possible.

This episode has made me more cynical as well. When you trust a craftsman and have that trust betrayed it makes one skeptical and unfortunately this carries over to others. If I take this root or something similar then there will be preconditions in place that must be met. I would rather lose a good gun offered through a private transaction than risk enduring this again.

I am still skeptical that my money will be refunded. I asked for the refund to be within 30 days of his receipt of my certified letter. He has responded to my Better Business Bureau complaint and indicated he would pay so it is recorded officially that he has agreed to do so. He also responded to my phone call with an e-mail promising to try pay with 30 days but asking for up to 60 days to provide more time to accumulate the funds. When the cold hard cash is in my grubby little hands then my mind will be at rest.

Caveat emptor,
Eric

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #211328 - 22/06/12 12:49 PM

Eric, you are spot on with the reference to Breaker Morant. In my mind JW is a contender for the application of Rule303.

Glad to hear your health has picked up.

Cheers
Greg

Cazadero
.375 member

Reged: 17/10/11
Loc: Texas
Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: Rule303]
      #222450 - 28/12/12 02:07 PM

Mauser, I saw that Cal Pappas picked this up and included it in the latest African Hunter Magazine.

I think you got this finalized (if I remember correctly) and hopefully the nightmare is over.

Mauser416
.300 member

Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued. [Re: Cazadero]
      #222474 - 29/12/12 02:55 AM

Cazadero,

Thanks for highlighting the article. Yes, I did finally get this resolved and now have a Sabatti in 450/400. There are still other folks contending with J White though. One fella got involved with Jim shortly after I did. Another had Jim do some work about a year after my project started. Both gents got involved before there was any negative feedback. I have been talking with them in an effort to bring their issues to successful closure.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 40814

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com