Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: Matt_Graham]
      #203445 - 23/02/12 07:43 PM

You'd make a great tracker!

Oh wait a minute...

You already are!

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: tophet1]
      #203448 - 23/02/12 08:02 PM

Quote:

It's a con.

Is it a con? Really? How do you know with such authority?
I dont know at all, however the home page as below seems to lend some credence to whats been previously posted.Plus they were at SCI,must have passed muster to get in there eh!

http://www.huntineurope.com/us/index.php

See Us at SCI

January 26, 27, 28 and 29, 2011.

Booths 853 and 855

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

Reged: 26/02/04
Loc: Australia
Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: gryphon]
      #203450 - 23/02/12 08:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a con.

Is it a con? Really? How do you know with such authority?
I dont know at all, however the home page as below seems to lend some credence to whats been previously posted.Plus they were at SCI,must have passed muster to get in there eh!

http://www.huntineurope.com/us/index.php

See Us at SCI

January 26, 27, 28 and 29, 2011.

Booths 853 and 855

He was saying it is a con because they asked for a deposit straight up. That does sound a little weird. I certainly didnt get that impression at SCI - they were coming to me for help to fulfil some hunts.

I dont know anything about the company itself, my first meeting with them.

You mentioned passing muster to get into SCI?? Hmmmm that doesnt have to occur!! There are sellers of illegal product in those halls! I am not suggesting this is one though.

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

#203451 - 23/02/12 08:47 PM

By the way those SCI dates were last years...

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #203452 - 23/02/12 08:54 PM

The reply sounded like a flippant reply to me. Depends on the question and how it was asked.

I find agents are always reluctant to say who an outfitter actually is until they work out if the enquirer is serious.

Hey Matt, ie Australian Shikar, otherwise a lot of them try to book direct and cut out the middleman.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

gryphon
.450 member

#203453 - 23/02/12 09:23 PM

And you think i didn't notice that date,did it make it bad that the website wasn't updated...I must check that yours is up to date too Matty.

You seem to be miffed that this has been posted Matty in opposition to your mob..going by your posts you seem to want to denigrate this mob.

BTW didn't one of the big names get his invite rescinded to the SCI convention Mark Sullivan ????

He didn't pass muster is that right?

--------------------

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: NitroX]
      #203454 - 23/02/12 09:27 PM

Quote:

The reply sounded like a flippant reply to me. Depends on the question and how it was asked.

I find agents are always reluctant to say who an outfitter actually is until they work out if the enquirer is serious.

Hey Matt, ie Australian Shikar, otherwise a lot of them try to book direct and cut out the middleman.

I know a lot of agents who do tell - they dont advertise the fact of course but if a client asks they tell, that is being honest. Most of the better US agents do. from an agency pov it is very easy to cover yourself in that respect with your trusted outfitters - when you get a serious enquiry that you handle yourself you just shoot the outfitter a note to say 'hey I have been talking to this (named)guy' - if the client goes direct then he is an ass (he doesnt like the agent but still takes his advice??) or the outfitter is not trusted. I ask my agents the same thing when they enquire - I want to know if I am speaking to the same people and I want to be upfront. If the agent wont tell they wont be my agent for much longer!!

In this case the service provider is not really an outfitter as such anyway - really just a landowner with a helo and some accomm....

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

#203455 - 23/02/12 09:33 PM

Quote:

And you think i didn't notice that date,did it make it bad that the website wasn't updated...I must check that yours is up to date too Matty.

You seem to be miffed that this has been posted Matty in opposition to your mob..going by your posts you seem to want to denigrate this mob.

BTW didn't one of the big names get his invite rescinded to the SCI convention Mark Sullivan ????

He didn't pass muster is that right?

Oh do grow up John!! I was just commenting on the date...

I am not miffed about anything.... like I said I offered to help the guy out. I do think it a little weird though that the hunts are still being offered online, when they are all sold. Maybe it is for the future hunts after 2012??

Lot's of outfitters have been asked to leave the convention for different reasons. I believe Mark had several warnings before he was shafted. Do they check everyone? No how can they know all the dealings of 1200+ companies?

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
      #203456 - 23/02/12 09:33 PM

they were coming to me for help to fulfil some hunts.

So you know the name of the principal then ?

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: 500Nitro]
      #203457 - 23/02/12 09:37 PM

Quote:

3000 Buffalo eat one hell of a lot of feed AND destroy a hell of a lot of land etc.

Would be interesting where the place is.

Buffalo in numbers dont necessarily 'destroy' land...

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: tophet1]
      #203466 - 23/02/12 11:10 PM

Quote:

they were coming to me for help to fulfil some hunts.

So you know the name of the principal then ?

The principal of the agency? yes I guess so... I met him at the show, only one and I have his business card in my hand now but it only gives a name, not a position.

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

gryphon
.450 member

#203490 - 24/02/12 05:24 AM

I can only add that the pics of my contact and his son with trophies of Bezeite Ibex,Roebuck,Desert Ram (Sonoran) and Mouflon accompanying the emails have all been received warmly and testify that there is a real kosher factor to the hunt swaps we are arranging.

To the huntineurope buff stuff well I will have to leave that to you Matty,you da man it seems.

Now to your line of "Buffalo in numbers dont necessarily 'destroy' land... "

Every introduced cloven hoofed animal in Australia has a deleterious effect on our fragile landscape,including the Angus steers we run here.

Hence the concerted efforts to reduce huge numbers of AWB by the authorities in the top end when they were at their peak.

--------------------

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
      #203501 - 24/02/12 06:08 AM

Gryph et al, I can only say (just INMHO) I wish we down in SW Spain had your "problems" with 1000´s of buff walking around, 1000´s of scrub bulls that all needed culling, tons of salt water crocs that need sorting, 10´s of 000 of roo and 1000´s of camels also need sorting and rivers full of barramundi that need catching Were it up to me as Spain is still 67% national park I´d bring in 200k Cape Buff as bulls do well here) If I were you chaps I think I´d be living in heaven ! best, wistfully, Mike

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #203511 - 24/02/12 07:23 AM

Mike - you going hunting and fishing in Australia with me in a couple years?

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
      #203515 - 24/02/12 07:49 AM

Quote:

Gryph et al, I can only say (just INMHO) I wish we down in SW Spain had your "problems" with 1000´s of buff walking around, 1000´s of scrub bulls that all needed culling, tons of salt water crocs that need sorting, 10´s of 000 of roo and 1000´s of camels also need sorting and rivers full of barramundi that need catching Were it up to me as Spain is still 67% national park I´d bring in 200k Cape Buff as bulls do well here) If I were you chaps I think I´d be living in heaven ! best, wistfully, Mike

Yes, it can seem like we live in a land with plenty of destructive feral introduced species that need culling but we also face the tyranny of distance. For me to hunt free range camels I have to drive 1,700km ONE WAY. I could find them closer but I would have to share the location with others. The costs to do all this while relatively small compared to say a PG overseas hunts, are equal to trips to New Zealand for self guided hunts on Govt.land.

You make your choices and you pay your money. Mind you it is also hell of fun......

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

#203519 - 24/02/12 08:05 AM

Quote:

Every introduced cloven hoofed animal in Australia has a deleterious effect on our fragile landscape,including the Angus steers we run here.

Well my statement is true - like I said they dont necessarily 'destroy' the land. Of course they will have some effect - as any introduced animal will but properly managed, just like the angus steers, they will not actually destroy the environment.

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #203522 - 24/02/12 08:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well my statement is true - like I said they dont necessarily 'destroy' the land. Of course they will have some effect - as any introduced animal will but properly managed, just like the angus steers, they will not actually destroy the environment.

So how come some Buffalo literally starved themselves to death because of over population pre BTEC and in the process destroyed the landscape / ecosystem (flood plains) by opening up channels that allowed sea water to enter, thereby changing the environment and in some cases destroying it.

Afraid I don't have photos to post.

The same effect that Buffalo had on the wetlands in the north of Australia will also occur with any rise in sea levels (due to ?global warming?). Fresh water becomes sea water, grasses die off, fish die off, Magpie geese will move on.

I will say that I believe they are less likely to destroy the land in the drier areas than in the flood plain areas.

Edited by 500Nitro (24/02/12 08:14 AM)

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

#203527 - 24/02/12 08:46 AM

Daryl S, I would love to, if you haven´t fished the NT you haven´t lived, off the planet as they say

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

#203528 - 24/02/12 09:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So how come some Buffalo literally starved themselves to death because of over population pre BTEC and in the process destroyed the landscape / ecosystem (flood plains) by opening up channels that allowed sea water to enter, thereby changing the environment and in some cases destroying it.

Afraid I don't have photos to post.

The same effect that Buffalo had on the wetlands in the north of Australia will also occur with any rise in sea levels (due to ?global warming?). Fresh water becomes sea water, grasses die off, fish die off, Magpie geese will move on.

I will say that I believe they are less likely to destroy the land in the drier areas than in the flood plain areas.

Well you answered this yourself Nigel - overpopulation!!!

Yes you are correct that the inland areas are more durable than the wetlands . Salt-water intrusion is the biggest issue, as you suggested. How big a problem I cannot say - the areas that become salty are old sea beds themselves anyhow... and it varies from area to area - not all floodplains are the same. It seems the Mary River and nearby and extended floodplains were hardest hit - perhaps not just because of the numbers of buffalo but the structure of the floodplain and tidal areas.

Interestingly - over on the country west of Darwin, buffalo are being re-introduced to combat the imbalance created on the floodplains there. The landscaped was changed by buffalo and domestic cattle and they need the buffalo back there to control the grass!!

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

#204081 - 29/02/12 02:30 PM

So if you reckon it is such a good deal then who wants to do the same hunt but with no helicopter involved?? Same hunt,as in numbers of animals... cull animals only though.

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

Edited by Matt_Graham (29/02/12 02:31 PM)

gryphon
.450 member

#204091 - 29/02/12 03:48 PM

Took you longer than i thought to come up with this Matty.

--------------------

Matt_Graham
Sponsor

#204109 - 01/03/12 12:21 AM

Quote:

Took you longer than i thought to come up with this Matty.

Didnt take you long though eh??

and why not, plenty said it was a great offer!! you are a laugh a minute JH!!

Im happy to offer a hunt that doesnt rely on a helicopter (which wouldnt be a hunt at all the eh. I thought you would appreciate that actually!!

--------------------
www.huntaust.com.au

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #204111 - 01/03/12 12:51 AM

Quote:

you are a laugh a minute JH!!

Wrong John.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters [Re: NitroX]
      #204127 - 01/03/12 04:30 AM

Matt, is this serious, I wouldn´t mind trying to line it up for 2013, my 50th birthday, you say only cull animals, might that include 1 or 2 big bulls ?. If this is all a joke sorry to have swallowed the bait, best, Mike

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

#204139 - 01/03/12 07:04 AM

Odder by the minute ! I am flying to UK tommorow and phoned a friend who PHéd in OZ for 5 or 6 years as we are meeting in London tommorow (he is a case maker as well) I thought he might have an idea, he has been asked to "back up" on this 100 buff deal which has been sold to 4 Russians, a helicopter buff drive !! at least I know where it is now. best, Mike

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15019

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com