Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunting wolves in Idaho

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Hunting wolves in Idaho
      #195277 - 29/11/11 05:19 PM

I was conversing with a hunting guide from Idaho recently, and she said, it is easy for a non-resident to get a couple of wolf tags. Just buy them for about $30 to $40 each. Plus a non-resident hunters licence.

This seems very easy and not to hard to get.

I assume there is also a season?

Other than of course actually hunting them. They being wary and elusive creatures.

So is it true that wolves are not protected in reality in Idaho anyway?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: NitroX]
      #195311 - 30/11/11 02:36 AM

There is currently a season in Idaho and Montana---actually heard this morning on a local radio station that in one part of Western Montana they are having a gun raffle..anyone who harvests a wolf in the month of December..that persons name goes in the "hat" so to speak..and at the end of the month one name will be drawn for the new rifle..

The animal rights groups are sueing and doing whatever they can to try to stop this..part of the problem is Montana and Idaho are in the 9th district of courts which includes California...so the animals rights nut jobs continue to try and have their cases heard by judges out there versus in Montana or Idaho where the problem actually is...considering all the BS in California and the horrible job they have done running their affairs there one would think they have enough to do.but....so it goes...

Congress actually passed legislation last summer taking the wolf off of the 'endangered species" list..therefore making it easier to initiate a hunting season on them..

When this shit show of introducing wolves started, the animal rights activists stated they wanted 30 breeding pairs..now the numbers are in excess of 1700..and that still is not enough..guess my question is if they are so concerned about wildlife, where are all the tears for the northern herd of elk that has gone from 21000 to 4400 since the wolves have been introduced..or arent elk as important as wolves..???? bunch of hypocrites...IMHO...

That is my take and a very abbreviated segment on what has gone on..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: Ripp]
      #195314 - 30/11/11 03:59 AM

Ripp, as you undoubtedly know, the bunny huggers here and down your way are in love with wolves, pure and simple. They care not for the 'wolf feed' as that's nature - they're in love with the wolves - Farley Mowit saw to that.

As long as they can keep their 'pets' on the 'list', the wolves will also eat the ranchers out of house and home.

The worse thing they can imagine, is an open season on wolves. They're as dumb-ass stupid down there as they were here - sooner or later, out comes the 10-80 when push comes to shove. There are too many $$ & too many livelihoods at stake.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: DarylS]
      #195340 - 30/11/11 09:13 AM

Quote:

Ripp, as you undoubtedly know, the bunny huggers here and down your way are in love with wolves, pure and simple. They care not for the 'wolf feed' as that's nature - they're in love with the wolves - Farley Mowit saw to that.

Agree totally---the are obsessed and can NOT be reasoned with.. if you ever have an opportunity to visit with one and explain your side and present the facts.. they get all pissed off and change the topic...

While I still feel all creatures have their place on this earth..if in fact we are controlling all other populations with hunts and seasons --how can they explain NOT having any control measures what so ever on this large of a predator...gee, let me guess..maybe that would end hunting and certain seasons???? as I stated..they are all suck hypocrites its laughable...I compare them to the March on Wall Street crowd.. they bitch about the big corps., etc. while they are drinking their Star Bucks coffees and send texts and emails from their blackberry's and i-phones...

RIPP

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

#195341 - 30/11/11 09:21 AM

POST OFF OF THE MONTANA FISH WILDLIFE WEB SITE..

Montana’s wolf-hunting licenses are now on sale from all FWP offices, FWP license providers, and online. The licenses are $19 for residents and $350 for nonresidents and they will be valid within 14 specifically defined wolf management units. Licenses purchased after September 2, 2011 will not be valid until 5 days after the purchase date. Hunters must obtain permission to hunt on private lands.

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/planahunt/huntingGuides/wolf/default.html

--------------------

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #195349 - 30/11/11 10:20 AM

Yes, there is a hunting and trapping/snaring season {portions of the State} here in Idaho. Trappers must attend a mandatory wolf trapping meeting/training seminar in order to trap/snare wolves. {I have completed the course.}

See the IDFG website for details.

Trappers can BUY 5 tags. Rifle hunters can BUY 2.

BUY tags to control vermin that are depredating livestock and destroying the precious resource of Idaho's elk, deer and moose herds.

BUY tags to control vermin that keep kids in the house instead of playing in the back yard. {Most recently here, a wolf was shot from the porch as it stood in a fellow's front yard just last week a few miles from here.}

BUY tags to proactively protect cattle, sheep, horses and pets. And children.

BUY tags to send revenue to a bureuacracy charged with protecting the game they allow to dwindle.

Wolves are, from a management standpoint, impossible to "hunt". It is nonsense to suggest that wolf populations will be threatened or reduced to the State-agreed-upon number of 150. We have an estimated 1200-2000 in the State now. Past biological studies indicate population reduction would require at from 600 to 1000 wolves to be killed in Idaho this season. It will not occur.

I have compiled the history of Federal wolf control in the West and will guarantee this; the Montana plan is a joke of embarrassing proportions. The Idaho plan including the portions of the State where wolves may be trapped is somewhat better, but still will not provide for RECOVERY of elk populations and in fact will not provide for decrease of wolf populations. Period.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#195366 - 30/11/11 07:18 PM

Ripp

Cool. So it IS possible to hunt wolves in Montana and Idaho at the moment. Assuming one has permission on private property and or .... ? Plus tags, licence etc.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in trapping anything.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Sville
.400 member

Reged: 23/03/10
Loc: Sweden
      #195384 - 01/12/11 12:32 AM

When we are talking about wolves I am interested in every way to take them away, even trapping!!!

9.3x57
.450 member

#195385 - 01/12/11 12:37 AM

Nitro, private property has nothing to do with it. Wolves may be taken wherever it is legal to hunt; state, Federal land, etc.

There are some open country spots where a fellow might develop a plan to successfully take wolves sometimes, rarely. No impact on overall populations which is the goal here.

Trapping is very difficult. Especially so to avoid non-target catches.

I think I get your drift, but as for being "Cool", well, there is nothing "Cool" about it.

Warning; Say the opportunity to hunt wolves is "Cool" anywhere around here and you'll be spitting teeth.

I really don't think many who don't live here understand the rage that people feel over this issue. They want them dead by any means. Hunting them isn't "cool", it is a pain in the ass, expensive, unproductive, and almost embarrassing. It'll become a term like "Snipe Hunting" I think in the future unless regulations pertaining to mehtods used are changed.

Interestingly, there are some outfitters who are now selling wolf "hunts". To be frank, due to the possibility of actually killing a wolf while being "guided" to do so, the sale of such hunts borders on deception in advertising, but there it is.

When extra tags were given outfitters and the entire Lolo zone was opened to shoot on sight wolf killing by the outfitters without being hobbled by tourist hunters, 5 were taken. Just earlier this year the state tried an aerial gunning operation in the same area and 5 were taken. At a cost of $19,000 which is about 4 grand per wolf. The operation was shut down as a complete failure, as we all knew it would be.

In areas where aerial gunning is effective the flight time costs $1,000 per hour and the effectiveness declines as the pack is repeatedly gunned as wolves understand how to evade both fixed wing and helicopters in the broken country where they are commonly a-gunned. They learn fast.

I have wolves all around me. We hear them. Had them pass thru my ranch a couple weeks ago at night. Try to get one. Good luck. Most every one of the 150+- {haven't checked the status lately} killed in the state so far this year are "bumped into" while deer or elk hunting.

I am the USDA/APHIS/WS ADC county representative and I also wrote both the county wolf policy adopted last year and the county expanded methods of take regulations which are being demanded by the county.

You will be hearing more on this. I'll be filling you guys in more on how you all can help in a movement to change things for the better, and I sincerely hope some of you are flush with cash and are willing to dig deep and come out slow in order to do so.

Stay tuned.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Edited by 9.3x57 (01/12/11 12:40 AM)

Sville
.400 member

Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: 9.3x57]
      #195388 - 01/12/11 01:33 AM

Itīs the same in Sweden. The last two years we were allowed to hunt them. This year NO. Because of the rules of the European community, our Goverment donīt dare to stand up. I have wolves visiting our farm regularly. They kill hunting dogs when people are out hunting. We have two packs of territorial wolves in the community. Itīs a big problem. /S

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: Sville]
      #195393 - 01/12/11 01:45 AM

Sville;

It would be interesting to get together some Idahoans, Swedes, Norwegians, Finns and others who have had this disease shoved down our throats. Trade ideas and brainstorm various approaches to confronting the industrial enviros and their buddies in government.

The EU is just like our Federal government; both HATE rural people and want to "Africanize" the population. Introduce large apex predators, maintain the populations and hold the rural folk down under the thumb of them. Throw them a bone by killing a few trouble makers every now and then.

Maybe Af's have sucked on the lollipop of colonialism long enough to keep sucking, but we are not peasants and I don't think our Northern European brothers are, either.

I never fault an African for killing, oops..."poaching", lions, leopards or any other trash that gets in the way of their livelihoods or family safety, and I couldn't fault a Finn or Swede or Idahoan for doing same with wolves.

This fight has just begun.

Industrial environmentalism has had full sway up till now, but remember, the wolf is our best ally. He was a wolf, is a wolf and always will be a wolf. He is the only honest member of the Pro-Wolf side. He kills, maims, spreads disease, threatens the heritage, customs and culture and livelihoods of rural people and always has. Educate everyone to what he does and watch minds change. They are changing here, little by little as more and more people find out what this trash, this disease, this vermin does.

"Everyone loves wolves...unless you have to live with them". Quote from Ed Bangs, the now-retired USFWS Northern Rockies Wolf Coordinator: the man that GAVE the disease to us.

--------------------

Sville
.400 member

#195417 - 01/12/11 05:53 AM

Correct and well spoken. I agree. /staffan

Sville
.400 member

#195419 - 01/12/11 06:03 AM

Its necessery that we give eachother information whats going on in our countries. When I read what you are writing, it could be a Swede that wrote it. So probably these things should be organised worldwide by hunters with same problem, so we get stronger. /Staffan

9.3x57
.450 member

#195427 - 01/12/11 07:47 AM

Quote:

Its necessery that we give eachother information whats going on in our countries. When I read what you are writing, it could be a Swede that wrote it.

Close...my surname ends in "-sen"...

So probably these things should be organised worldwide by hunters with same problem, so we get stronger. /Staffan

I agree entirely. From what I've read, the similarity of our situations is remarkable.

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#195465 - 01/12/11 08:58 PM

"Cool" as in being able to hunt them. "Not Cool" as in if they are protected and not able to be hunted by a non-resident alien sporting hunter. I've always wanted to hunt a wolf, since maybe the late 1970's reading about Alaska.

Nothing wrong about using the word "cool" among level headed persons.

Cool, as in hunting a predator such as wolf, bear, lion, tiger, leopard, jaguar, or whatever legally.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Sville
.400 member

#195471 - 01/12/11 09:59 PM

For us itīs "more" ok to have wolves if we are allowed to hunt them. Then they are useful to something!!! /Staffan

9.3x57
.450 member

#195491 - 02/12/11 01:27 AM

Quote:

"Cool" as in being able to hunt them. "Not Cool" as in if they are protected and not able to be hunted by a non-resident alien sporting hunter. I've always wanted to hunt a wolf, since maybe the late 1970's reading about Alaska.

Nothing wrong about using the word "cool" among level headed persons.

Cool, as in hunting a predator such as wolf, bear, lion, tiger, leopard, jaguar, or whatever legally.

John, I understand, and should have explained.

There is an explanation...

Back when the Fish and Game Department was trying to get the Disease dumped on us {they acting in cahoots with the Feds} one of their sales pitches was "What a cool thing, to be able to hunt WOLVES!! Guys, listen, they cause no negative impact on game and you can get $500 pelts, adventure, just think about that!!"

Some of us actually bought that smack until after about a year or two began to hear rumours, then reports of what was happening to our game and among livestock producers. Then we found out the pelts aren't worth shit. That was many years ago.

Lies and the advance of centralized government control and destruction of rural heritage, customs and culture. The goal of Agenda 21, Wildlands Project, Y2Y, the Wildlfie Corridors Initiative, all of it.

To write an account of the wolf issue and what it all means in the West biologically, public & livestock health-wise and most importantly politically will take many volumes. It is not just wolves; it is the use of several Acts to destroy the political power, culture and economy of the West. Yes, traitors and the treasonous live and act among us. And they are well-funded.

Even the hearth and home are irreparably harmed; When you see wolf track between the house and the swingset you do not allow your 5 year-old to play on the swing while you take a nap in the house. Everywhere it is the same as wolves have expanded their range.

Yes, those are their goals.

Now, in the bars, taverns and cafes, you hear people talk about killing wolves often in vague terms. Slapping those on the back that get a big bitch for sure, but mostly, quietly. The best wolf hunter is the one who can't shoot worth shit and "unfortunately" gut shoots several before he is able to secure one to tag. But alas, few shoot many. Yes, they are that hard to hunt.

And nobody is "happy" that we have wolves to hunt.

John, you could come here for YEARS and never get a shot at one or ever see one. Spend a hundred thousand dollars chasing smoke. Or maybe shoot one off the front porch of your house as the local fellow did here recently.

We live slam among them and have seen them only on about 7 occaisions, with one assessing my wife and horses from about 30 yards away. But howling and tracks are everywhere, and you know what they are doing. We see that. And it sets my jaw tight. Tight.

--------------------

ruffcountry
.300 member

Reged: 06/01/09
Loc: usa
      #198054 - 29/12/11 06:13 PM

I too would love to go hunt for a wolf , surely there are times of year and tactics that are more productive than others , here is some wolf hunting info , http://www.huntwolves.com/how-to-hunt-wolves/

I realize the people that live there are not happy with the wolves { maybe there was a reason wolves were controlled in the past } but I would think they would be happy to have people come hunt them . Maybe baiting law change could be helpful to hunting .

--------------------
Double Rifle Shooters Society

FRJ
.224 member

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: Washington (wet side)
Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: ruffcountry]
      #200676 - 26/01/12 03:43 PM

I don't know how these wolves are to hunt but I hunted bear every spring for 12 years in Ontario Canada and always got a wolf licence as well. Always got a bear never saw a wolf!!!! I heard them, had them taking my bear bait. Found their stool etc but never ever saw one and from what the trappers said and the amount of noise they made there were a lot more wolves than bear. I've heard it said more than once that wolves are the hardest animal in N. America to hunt in fair chase and I believe it. Good luck on deminishing their numbers with hunting!!!! Poison, traps and aerial shooting is the only way to even keep them in check. They will wipe out all the big game hunting in an area and then move on. I'm a big believer in the three S's. FRJ

ruffcountry
.300 member

Reged: 06/01/09
Loc: usa
Re: Hunting wolves in Idaho [Re: ruffcountry]
      #200677 - 26/01/12 04:00 PM

Quote:

I too would love to go hunt for a wolf , surely there are times of year and tactics that are more productive than others , here is some wolf hunting info , http://www.huntwolves.com/how-to-hunt-wolves/

I realize the people that live there are not happy with the wolves { maybe there was a reason wolves were controlled in the past } but I would think they would be happy to have people come hunt them . Maybe baiting law change could be helpful to hunting .

I would like to edit this post to add that I am not now and never have been in favor of wolf reintroductions .

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3751

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com