Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Swedish wolves pit environmentalists against hunters

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
Story
.333 member

Reged: 15/10/08
Loc: SE PA, USA
Swedish wolves pit environmentalists against hunters
      #189327 - 06/09/11 11:44 PM

How many wild wolves should Sweden have? The question is a hot political topic and stirs up many emotions, pitting animal rights activists and conservationists against hunters and cattle farmers.

The Swedish government has agreed to stop plans for another licensed hunt this year after criticism from the European Commission. But according to new estimates, there needs to be at least 400 wolves in the country, far more than the government's goal of 210 animals.

But the findings are disputed by conservationists and hunters alike both arguing that the number is incorrect, Swedish Radio News reports.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/sw...against-hunters

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sville
.400 member

Reged: 23/03/10
Loc: Sweden
Re: Swedish wolves pit environmentalists against hunters [Re: Story]
      #189374 - 07/09/11 09:32 PM

Personally I donīt think we should have wild wolves in Sweden. I live in an area where we have some packs. It isnīt any fun hunting with dogs and compete about game. Most people on the countryside donīt like them. People in cities, the majority, likes them as long they arenīt around the cities. The problem is that we have a goverment that are afraid of what the EU will do, if the wolf hunt proceed in Sweden. //Staffan

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Swedish wolves pit environmentalists against hunters [Re: Sville]
      #189378 - 07/09/11 10:40 PM

UN Agenda 21, US Wildlands Project, "wilding" theories in general, and mostly, the destruction of the gun culture, hunting and the promotion of absolute control over rural people is at the core of all wolf introduction, population support and range expansion policies.

Rural people are not well liked by any government. They think individualistically or as a local community, not as mere robots programmed by centralized government policy. They tend not to share the "sheep" mentality of the urbanized masses. They own firearms. They resent government intrusion, even if it is "for their own good".

We here have some hope as the process of resistance expands. There are some laws on our side, and we hope to make some headway soon. The fight has only just begun, and we are not even sweating yet. I have some bits to report, but will wait till the next stage has occured. A roadmap for other counties in Idaho is being developed.

Those who seek to preserve their heritage, customs and culture, do not give up. Keep up the fight and do not become despairing.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Story
.333 member

Reged: 15/10/08
Loc: SE PA, USA
Re: Swedish wolves pit environmentalists against hunters [Re: 9.3x57]
      #189383 - 08/09/11 01:35 AM

See also
http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=hunting&Number=160422

And as an aside, "a drunken elk desperate for just one more mouthful of fermenting apples lost its balance in the attempt, leaving it stuck in an apple tree in western Sweden".
http://www.thelocal.se/36002/20110907/

Paatti
.333 member

Reged: 18/01/07
Loc: Finland
Re: Swedish wolves pit environmentalists against hunters [Re: Story]
      #189391 - 08/09/11 05:49 AM

About 200 is enough and too much in Sweden I think. And still not so many like them in their back yards. Luckily there is some quite remote woods where there are enough room for wolfs and hunters.
I know the agony that wolfs caused wery well and dont want them to the same spot where I live and hunt with my dogs.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2461

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com