Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Price check on Symond's Keep gun hammer 12 bore

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Price check on Symond's Keep gun hammer 12 bore
      #182536 - 26/05/11 06:17 AM

Hey guys, I am trimminng down the safe these days.

I wanted to ask for a price estimate for an old hammer gun I want to get rid of.

Its a “Symond’s Keeper Gun,” this hammer 12 bore is in the classic British wild fowl (waterfowl) configuration: 12 bore 30” fluid steel barrels, the 12 with an original 2-3/4” chamber, choked modified right and full left, demi-pistol grip, Greener crossbolt, with long reinforcing tang on top. I’ve had this gun checked out by JJ Perodeau and what we found: Belgian action, nitro-proofed in Birmingham, and then finish/sold for the New Zealand market. Sold by E. Reece and Son’s store in Christchurch, New Zealand as a “Symond’s Keeper Gun”.

As can been seen in the photos its seen better days and it shows its use in the field. There is some pitting to the mid-point of the barrels inside, but its tight on face. The right hammer is either a replacement or the end was repaired at some point in time since it does not quite match the ear of the left hammer. I got some years ago to be a fun shooting hammer gun since it had original 2-3/4” chambers, nitro proof, and steel barrels etc. However, I've never had the time to shoot it, reload for it, etc. So I'd like to get rid of it. I am thinking of asking $300-400 US, do you think that's fair?

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

Edited by CptCurl (30/06/11 05:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1730

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com