Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: How much to re-regulate a side by side?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
carpediem4570
.300 member

Reged: 28/06/08
Loc: Alberta, Canada
How much to re-regulate a side by side?
      #174864 - 05/02/11 06:31 AM

Good Day All:

I have been having some private discusions with other members regarding the regulation issue I have with my double and he suggested having it re-regulated.

I am in Alberta, Canada. What does it cost to have a gun re-regulated?

Kind Regards,

Carpediem

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Chrdonnay in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: How much to re-regulate a side by side? [Re: carpediem4570]
      #174866 - 05/02/11 06:42 AM

J.J. Perodeau, Champlin's firearms website, lists $600. price for re-regulation. It will be done right, with them. Beware of others who may or may not have adequate experience and knowledge to re-regulate well. It is not a terribly difficult task to do, as so many will lead you to believe, but it certainly does require knowledge and experience to do a first rate job.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: How much to re-regulate a side by side? [Re: doubleriflejack]
      #174871 - 05/02/11 08:14 AM

Call

Stephen Milton
King City Ontario
905/833 7151
trigger@precisionarms.ca

Formally of Purdey's

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
      #174911 - 05/02/11 06:49 PM

Hi carpediem4570,

I feel relieved that you have following our chin wag, are at least thinking about this approach to your problem. Some-times it is better to leave this to those that know, but the positive thing is you can select the Brand and Bullet weight that you want it regulated to.

I would like to suggest that if you go down this path, select the Brand that can supply both Soft and Solids in the same weight. From what I have been told, the Solids will group a little lower than the soft's as would be expected.

Can you buy Kynamco ammunition where you live, the reason I ask is that they use (mostly) Woodleigh Projectiles and with Graeme's book you should be able to replicate the loads at home.

Cheers for now,

Jeff Gray

carpediem4570
.300 member

Re: How much to re-regulate a side by side? [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #175134 - 09/02/11 04:31 AM

I have not seen Kynamco ammo here however, we do get woodleigh projectiles and as I reload, I can use those.

I will, this summer, exhaust all projectile, powder, primer combinations to try and find a load that regulates. If all else fails, then I will send it in for re-regulation.

Here is the problem. This rifle is my first double. And, according to the folks in government who register all of our guns for us,(we have no choice), this is the only Antonio Zolli side by side registered in the country. As well, Antonio Zolli no longer makes a side by side and this thing is immaculate. It came in the original box with the test target. So, I'm thinking that maybe I have a rather interesting piece on my hands and it would be ashame to get rid of it because I have to work at finding a load.

So the real question is, do I have a silk purse or a sow's ear? I keep telling myself I have a silk purse but, if I flog the thing and add a couple of grand, I can buy the Merkel I have always dreamed of. Or, I can save a whole lot more and have the Zolli and buy a Merkel.

My wife tells me if I buy the Merkel I should make sure the front sight is removable. This way the proctocologist will have less difficulty removing it from my rectum when she jams it up there. Now I sleep with one eye open.

Kind regards,

Carpediem

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Chrdonnay in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Edited by carpediem4570 (09/02/11 04:33 AM)

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
      #175155 - 09/02/11 08:19 AM

You have to love your wife's sense of humor, at least she hasn't complained to much until now, maybe you should buy the Merkel for HER wedding anniversary and that way she can't complain.... maybe...

Cheers Mate,

Jeff Gray

carpediem4570
.300 member

Re: How much to re-regulate a side by side? [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #175295 - 11/02/11 05:35 AM

Who said anything about a sense of humour . Practically everything I have in my cabinets belongs to her, as it is .

My wife shoots a Swedish military mauser in 6.5x55. I bought the thing for $60.00 Canadian, a couple of decades ago. Took off the military stock and put on a plastic sporting stock given to my wife by a friend. My gunsmith drilled and tapped the rifle and installed a 4 power scope. She's been hunting with this ever since she had to give up her M14, (government regulations). I've upgraded the scope a couple of times. The last time I did, she told me if I touched her rifle again, she was going to start gunsmithing on my rifles .

Sitting down and cross legged with elbows on knees, she is deadly out to 350 metres. The last two deer she shot, they were 40 feet away .

That year I did'nt get anything .

I found a beautiful under/over in 6.5x55. I told her I was going to buy it for her. She then called me by my Indian name and said, "Listen vegatarian ,(old Indian word for lousy hunter), I do very well with my rifle and, ever since you started buying fancy rifles, you haven't got anything."

I then asked her if she would rather have a full length mink coat. My wife has always been fiscally responsible. She just smiled. I know what she gets for christmas next year and it ain't gonna be a double rifle.

So, to end a long and convoluted story, I can't buy her anymore rifles.

Kindest regards,

Carpediem

Edited by CptCurl (11/02/11 10:18 PM)

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #175318 - 11/02/11 11:01 AM

Congratulations to your wife, Carp4570 - she's a winner!

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

herbertnb
.224 member

Reged: 14/05/07
Loc: Canada
Re: How much to re-regulate a side by side? [Re: DarylS]
      #176075 - 23/02/11 12:08 PM

Check with Nicholas Makinson, Ontario Canada.

Nick Makinson

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4517

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com