Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Price check, please...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
cadet
.224 member

Reged: 10/09/07
Loc: Western Victoria, Australia
Price check, please...
      #161042 - 26/05/10 09:26 PM

Good evening.
Just wondering what the learned heads here think a c1909 Webley and Scott double (one of the apparently few W&S guns to bear the W&S name!) .360 #2 NE, non-ejector on the A&WC 2nd quality (as best I can tell) action may be worth; some minor frosting ahead of the chambers, but overall pretty good, original, sound condition and a known, proven, working shooter; it's been offered for sale to me (along with dies, cases, projectiles etc) when I return from a working holiday with some cash in about 6 months time. I've wanted a double rifle to play with for a while; this would be my first foray into the field, and I'd rather not get burned. Feel free to educate me!
Thanks,
RG

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
Re: Price check, please... [Re: cadet]
      #161060 - 27/05/10 04:17 AM

It would be hard to price it without inspecting the rifle or seeing detailed photos, and even then I don't know the market in Oz.

All I can say is it's a great caliber in a great platform. Also, I'm glad to hear of another W&S that's proud enough to wear the W&S name. They are great rifles. No boxlock is better. Here's mine:

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=149258&an=0&page=0#Post149258

Proudly wearing the name, and a very late one. I wouldn't be surprised if this was nearly the last rifle out of W&S.

So my advice is to go for it!

Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

crkennedy1
.375 member

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: Utah
Re: Price check, please... [Re: CptCurl]
      #161061 - 27/05/10 05:46 AM

Curl,
What a beautiful W&S! Dare I ask how much something like that would set me back? (Assuming I could find one). Also, do you know much about DR scopes? If so, will you please look at my Swarvoski thread? Thanks, Christopher

--------------------
DOUBLE or NOTHING

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5249

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com