Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
rnb
.224 member

Reged: 31/10/09
Loc: KS
Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r
      #145194 - 05/11/09 11:51 AM

Information on Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r I have one and h\ave been unable to find anyone who has or does own one, what time of reloads and accuracy information.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
4seventy
Sponsor

Reged: 07/05/03
Loc: Queensland Australia
Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: rnb]
      #145197 - 05/11/09 12:22 PM

rnb, welcome to the forum!
The Beretta O/U double rifles have a well deserved good reputation.
They are very nicely made and usually seem to shoot well.
A friend of mine uses a Beretta Silver Sable in 9.3x74 and he loves it.
The Beretta Gold and Silver Sable O/U's are nice slim trim good handling double rifles.
Someone here should be able to help you with some starting loads.

butchloc
.300 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: faribault mn
Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: 4seventy]
      #145248 - 06/11/09 09:08 AM

mine thrives on 65 gr of H4831 and either a 286 gr or 300 gr aframe. both shoot to the same impact point.

butchloc
.300 member

Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: butchloc]
      #145249 - 06/11/09 09:10 AM

incidentally, that load also shoots to the same iimpact as does RWS and norma factory loads

rnb
.224 member

#145258 - 06/11/09 12:22 PM

what type of group are you getting mine is shooting four shots in three inches tall by two inches wide from about 80 yards. the lower barrel prints about group and the upper abut 1 3/8

rnb
.224 member

#145259 - 06/11/09 12:26 PM

I shoot better than I type the lower barrel shoot a two inch group and the upper about 1 3/8 groups still are not crossing at 80 yards and the upper and lower groups are about two inches apart in line with the point of arm.

butchloc
.300 member

#145314 - 07/11/09 09:12 AM

never really grouped each barrel separately, but together they hold about 2-2.5" at 100, its mate in 06 does 1" groups at 100, and the 20 ga barrels fit either action. makes a really nice set to go about anywhere with

rnb
.224 member

#145323 - 07/11/09 12:14 PM

I called about a shotgun barrel and was told not do do it at Beretta that makes a perfect set of rifles and shotgun wish it was me.

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
      #145612 - 11/11/09 06:37 AM

Quote:

I shoot better than I type the lower barrel shoot a two inch group and the upper about 1 3/8 groups still are not crossing at 80 yards and the upper and lower groups are about two inches apart in line with the point of arm.

rnb, that is a great pair of groups for a double rifle. One question: Is the top barrel shooting above the point of aim, and the bottom barrel shooting below the point of aim? If so,that is the way they are supposed to be, with the centers of each barrel's group on it's own side of the aiming point. If the composite group of both barrels is 3 3/8th inch from top shot to bottom shot withe the point of aim between them, it is shooting the way it is supposed to.

If the centers of each group are 3 3/8TH inch apart then the loads are just a little slow. If you add about 1/2 grain at a time, the two groups will come together but you still want the CENTER of each group on it's own side of the point of aim (not crossing)the top barrel on top, and the bottom barrel on the bottom with the bottom of the top barrel merging with the top of the bottom barrel's group.
You don't want the centers of each barrel's individual group to cross at any range, but shoot parallel. As the distance gets longer, certainly some of each barrels group will cross over into the other barrels group, but as long as the CENTERS of each group stays on it's own side of the composite group of both barrels the rifle is regulating properly!

Both side by side, and over under double rifle regulate the same way, with the only difference being the composite groups is laying on it's side for the side by side, and the Over under composite group standing upright both being egg shaped, with the aiming point being in the middle of the egg half way between the center of each barrels individual groups. O/U "8"
s/s "oo"

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

butchloc
.300 member

Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #145614 - 11/11/09 08:50 AM

the thing abut shotgun barrels is that the firing pin on a rifle is much more pointed than a shotgun. hence it tends to pierce primers. w/w shotshells have the hardest primers and i use strictly them and haven't had a piercing problem

rnb
.224 member

#145632 - 11/11/09 03:32 PM

Thanks for the information I was given this gun and it had never been shot I wasn't sure what to expect of it. My only problem is I am 62 an can not hardly see the front sights so I plan to look in to a better site system or a red dot or scope or both red dot and a scope and after your post I now understand what to expect and look for with the gun I like the way it feels and handles and since I have all ready started to use single shot rifles to hunt with this should be double my fun hunting deer here in Kansas.

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
      #145637 - 11/11/09 05:20 PM

Quote:

the thing abut shotgun barrels is that the firing pin on a rifle is much more pointed than a shotgun. hence it tends to pierce primers. w/w shotshells have the hardest primers and i use strictly them and haven't had a piercing problem

That makes little difference on a cape gun because they are fitted with proper pins on the shot barrel, and proper pins on the rifle barrel. I have severl hundred rounds through both barrels on each of the two Cape guns I own, and never a problem with either! The other one is a V. Haffner 20GA shot barrel/58 Berdan carbine in the rifle barrel.

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

rnb
.224 member

Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #145992 - 16/11/09 06:21 AM

I got 10 boxes RWS 293gr with the rifle so in two weeks I am going to try it on Kansas deer I know it will be a lot under powered but with at lest two shots I should slow it down till I can reload.

Birdhunter50
.375 member

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Iowa,U.S.A.
      #146174 - 19/11/09 12:25 AM

rnb,
Your rifle will NOT be underpowered! It will do anything you need done out to as far as you can accurately shoot it. Take some of that ammo you got with the gun and go out and practice with it. See how far you can reliably hit a deer sized target offhand every time. That is the distance you can shoot at STANDING deer.
I personally do not shoot at running deer myself, but some people have learned to hit them reliably. If you don't know how to do it or have not practiced with this gun by shooting moving targets, then it would be best not to try it on live deer in my opinion. Good luck on your deer hunt but practice first! I think you will be surprised how much power the gun reallty has.
Bob H.

rnb
.224 member

Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: Birdhunter50]
      #146213 - 19/11/09 11:42 AM

I am sorry to have give the impression that the gun was under powered should have put a smile on end of the post. I have been shooting 20 rounds a day for the last three week for practice and have been using a hand load of cheap Priv bullets from Graff and sons and 67 grains or h4891 and have been able to place all shots at 80 meters(max range on available at my house, I have a 1000 meters range at the farm but that 40 miles from my house) on a nine inch paper plate standing with sticks. I have no place to practice on a moving target so I don't as a practice shoot moving game unless I have failed to stop one on the first shot I only use a single shot rifle for all of my hunting, having spent 32 years as a police sniper I have lost all interest in bolt or gas guns.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #146216 - 19/11/09 01:07 PM

rnb.

If you have a 285 Prvi load that shoots to POA, you are wellset for deer or elk with that rifle. I like that Prvi and have used it in the 9.3x57 and 9.3x62 for deer, bear and elk.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

rnb
.224 member

Re: Beretta Gold Sable 9.3x74r d/r [Re: 9.3x57]
      #146226 - 19/11/09 04:04 PM

I have had good luck with the 285 Priv bullets and at 50 meters it places a upper and lower pair set in about 2 1/2 tall by 2 inches wide the lower barrel shoot just below the point of aim and the upper set is about 2 inchers higher I have not ran this load thru a graft yet, I got the load from this web site when I made up testing loads I started with load listed and the load shot just a little low so I started up .5 grains at a time when I got 67 the upper barrel placed two shot on top of each other right at the point of aim and the lower barrel was about two inches lower and the lower barrel shot a group about 1 3/8 apart just to the right of point of aim and I quit, I was going to put a scope on this gun but I want to make hunting fun again so it will just me and my old eyes I may have to get closer but that what hunting is about.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10884

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com