Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Witchcraft in Africa

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: NitroX]
      #125946 - 06/02/09 04:49 AM

we have a lot of this in this part of the world where superstition,black magic,haunted houses etc.are pretty common.Although i have personally never experianced any of it yet the stories you hear will scare the shit out of you.Witch doctors and the sort are also common and alot of people are fooled by them.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
thorshammer
.300 member

Reged: 27/12/08
Loc: USA
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: iqbal]
      #125952 - 06/02/09 05:17 AM

You can never be to sure if there isnt something out there besides us that we dont understand

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: thorshammer]
      #126009 - 06/02/09 08:49 PM

The old ones did know thing we dont any longer, if this means it doesent excist i dont know but i have to little time do bother about it.

BTW. I know this will uppset someone, but isnt god and his friends a bit of this discussion?

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

kamilaroi
.400 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: sydney, new south wales, Austr...
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: 450_366]
      #126012 - 06/02/09 10:18 PM

Sounds like the precursors to "media comentators" to me .

BeltedMagnum
.224 member

Reged: 09/10/08
Loc: New England
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: kamilaroi]
      #127907 - 24/02/09 12:47 PM

Closest thing that I ran into was the belief in tokoloshes. The help slept with their beds atop stacked bricks under the belief that if they were less than 3 feet off the ground a little troll of some sort would come in the night an kill them. These were full grown men mind you.

Belted

--------------------
Hunting Africa with Dad. Does it get any better?

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: BeltedMagnum]
      #128082 - 26/02/09 07:36 AM

In 2006 in the CAR, the last day of our safari, my cousin Luc discovered that his phone has disappeared. A real serious matter as theft is really a rarity in a hunting camp. One currrently left ones wallet prominently in the bungalow either in Burkina or CAR. Anyhow we left.
As the camp is far from civilisation, 4 hours from the closest "city" and 4 days from the capital, the phone certainly was still in the camp. Nobody is allowed to leave the camp without informing the PH and bringing an ample supply of condoms (trained staff is scarce).

The PH called for a notable witchdoctor who arrived 2 days later. Everybody was scared shitless. The witchdoctor first look all around the camp and pressed everybody to meet on the central ground of the camp. He affirmed that he clearly know the name of the culprit and the culprit will soon die in atrocious throws, should it no bring the phone before sunset. 2 hours later the devasted culprit brought the phone and was sacked.......without condoms.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Witchcraft in Africa [Re: NitroX]
      #378975 - 30/08/23 01:25 AM

The witch hyaena.

Quote:

Kos

We are Westeners usually just hear of it or see evidence of it.

On my first safari to Zim on a drive back to camp one night the PH pulled out a spotlight to see if we could spot some hyaena. Viv Bristow was doing live game capture on Chipisi (the property near West Nicholson now gone to Warvet scum) and wanted a dead hyaena to freeze and ship to Kenya for use a a prop in a movie.

Anyway I didn't know any of this yet and we spotted a couple of hyaena and I was urged to "shoot, shoot!"

I took a shot just as the hyaena was crossing out of the light to the side of the road and missed it.

I really didn't want to shoot a hyaena and there was no fucking way I was going to pay for one either. So didn't mind missing it. A lot of these guys all they think of is dollars and all clients are "loaded with them".

Anyway he then tells me Bristow was going to pay US$100 for the carcase, which if I hit it, I'm sure I would never have been told.

He then said, Oit would have been interesting to see which of the men would have handled the hyaena". Judea, his tracker he said "would pick up the hyaena, but which of the others would. Would the Christian pick up a hyaena?"

(I had had a conversation with George, the game scout at Chipisi, and he had said he was a Christian and had been educated at a Christian school. Later when the PH talked to him, he also found out George had served under the PH's father, a general, in a post-black government militia (one to help reconstruct the country).

Anyway the PH told me the blacks think hyaena are spirits or witches and move in the night, and will not touch them due to superstition.

This gave me a good excuse for "missing" the hyaena. It was not a hyaena at all, but a spirit and the bullet passed through its "flesh" as if through smoke.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7381

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com