Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mannlicher Schoenauer

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Mannlicher Schoenauer
      #120354 - 05/12/08 04:47 AM

Hello Folks,

I'm very interested in learning more about these fine rifles. Recently someone posted a link to a past discussion, but now I can't find it. Would you please point me to any and all information on Mannlicher Schoenauer rifles. If there are any good (affordable) books on the subject, I would like to know about them too.

Thanks in anticipation, Tom

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: Mannlicher Schoenauer [Re: Tatume]
      #120489 - 06/12/08 10:07 PM

Tatume:
Only two books in English on the Mannlicher Schoenauer rifles are commonly referred to:

Mannlicher Rifles And Pistols: Famous Sporting And Military Weapons (ISBN: 1432575473 / 1-4325-7547-3)
Smith, Walter H. B.

MANNLICHER MILITARY RIFLES: A COLLECTOR'S GUIDE
Scarlata, Paul S.
1st Edition. covering straight pull and turn bolt designs. model by model specifications, modern test firing results, exciting service histories, ammo details, rare combat photos, useful technical drawings. Over 350 photos and illustrations. Hard cover. 168 pages. Published in 2004.

These two books are also listed occasionally:

Mannlicher Military Rifles: Straight Pull and Turn Bolt Designs (ISBN: 9781931464147)
Paul S. Scarlata
Mowbray, 2004. Hard Cover. Profusely illustrated with close-up photos, drawings and diagrams, this book is the most detailed examination of Mannlicher military rifles ever produced in the English language. Includes all the information you need! Model-by-Model SpecificationsModern Test Firing ResultsExciting Service HistoriesAmmunition DetailsRare Combat PhotosUseful Technical DrawingsDiscussion of Mannlicher's Imitators Ferdinand von Mannlicher was history's most prolific military firearms designer, with over 150 patents to his credit. During his years at Steyr, they produced more military rifles than any other manufacturer in the world! But most American collectors know very little about these advanced weapons that were the workhorse of the Austro- Hungarian army. Mannlichers saw extensive combat around the world from 1886 to 1952, yet most models are quite reasonably priced today. Inside these pages, you will understand the genius behind Mannlicher's magazine systems, straight-pull and turn bolt military rifles. And you will learn why they became the standard by which all others were judged.

MAUSER, WALTHER & MANNLICHER FIREARMS (ISBN: 0811709957 / 0-8117-0995-7)
Smith, W.H.B. Smith
Stackpole Books, 1971. Hardcover. 673 pages combined. Compilation of Smith's three earlier books on these firearms. All classics.

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2218

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com