Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
My New Non-Classic Far Shooter
      #376422 - 29/04/23 02:27 PM

Walnut and blue steel are my passion, but so are accurate rifles. Now that peripheral neuropathy is ruining my ability to climb our high and rough mountains I have given in and got a Weatherby Vanguard in 6.5-300 Wby off an internet site at a great price. Its 26" barrel slings out 129gr SSTs at 3,500 FPS, and the KUIU Vias camo blends in well with my terrain.

I will always believe in getting close, or you're not a hunter, but I need a little edge now. Sighted in at 300 yards gives me a hold on a deer's heart/lung area out to 400 yards. A modestly priced Burris FFII 4.5-14 is all the scope I need for the ranges I'll be shooting.

I have several FFII scopes, two 3-9 and another 4.5-14 that's on my 25-06, and I have nothing bad to say about any of them. A good friend and American gun writer told me to keep using the Philippine made scopes. He tests scopes and reports on them for several publications.

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bindi2
.275 member

Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: WA, Aust
Re: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter [Re: luv2safari]
      #376424 - 29/04/23 08:38 PM

There is nothing wrong with moving with the times or limitations, just keep shooting.
The saying they will take my rifle from my cold lifeless hands has a solid meaning behind it

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter [Re: Bindi2]
      #376446 - 30/04/23 02:55 PM

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with moving with the times or limitations, just keep shooting.
The saying they will take my rifle from my cold lifeless hands has a solid meaning behind it

McGowan might not like that one. Might cause him to dribble a little in his panties when out in public ...

PS obviously no threat implied Mr Plod, sarcasm ....

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter [Re: luv2safari]
      #376447 - 30/04/23 02:58 PM

Quote:

Walnut and blue steel are my passion, but so are accurate rifles. Now that peripheral neuropathy is ruining my ability to climb our high and rough mountains I have given in and got a Weatherby Vanguard in 6.5-300 Wby off an internet site at a great price. Its 26" barrel slings out 129gr SSTs at 3,500 FPS, and the KUIU Vias camo blends in well with my terrain.

I will always believe in getting close, or you're not a hunter, but I need a little edge now. Sighted in at 300 yards gives me a hold on a deer's heart/lung area out to 400 yards. A modestly priced Burris FFII 4.5-14 is all the scope I need for the ranges I'll be shooting.

I have several FFII scopes, two 3-9 and another 4.5-14 that's on my 25-06, and I have nothing bad to say about any of them. A good friend and American gun writer told me to keep using the Philippine made scopes. He tests scopes and reports on them for several publications.

Mate, is that one better than a Creedmoor at LR shooting? Can't be.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1040

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com