Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Europe classic

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
Europe classic
      #35479 - 05/08/05 09:14 AM

Does anyone know anything about a winchester rifle model 70 called a europe classic?I saw one today at a gunshop,it had express looking sights with fibre optic front bead and very thin recoil pad.Where can i buy one of these and what calibers do they come in?The gunshops rifle was a 7mm magnum and i already have a brace of those.His asking price was 900.00 out the door and the rifle was new.What do these rifles sell for?I cant find any info about a europe classic winchester model 70 anywhere.whats the secret?Anyway it was a cool rifle and 338wm or 9.3x74r would be a cool caliber!Thanks in advance for the info!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RLI
.375 member

Reged: 01/10/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Europe classic [Re: blackbearhunter]
      #35480 - 05/08/05 09:28 AM

I believe these rifles are only sold in Europe, try the Browning website for Europe and they should be listed there.

Steve

--------------------
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." — John Wayne

blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
Re: Europe classic [Re: RLI]
      #35483 - 05/08/05 12:03 PM

Thanks steve.I wonder how much it would cost to ship a rifle from europe to USA and how much red tape that will be?This is some new stuff for me,didnt know these rifles were out there,must be a secret,i did see a bunch of over and under double rifles on the browning custom shop site....i guess if you have to ask the price you dont want to know as they had no prices listed,Another secret thingie I guess.......they were belgium FN Made whooopeee.I guess a fellow has to find some of this stuff thru the grape vine cause i cant get no info seems like it?Have a good one!

rgp
.333 member

Reged: 17/06/04
Loc: TX & VIC
Re: Europe classic [Re: blackbearhunter]
      #35506 - 06/08/05 05:24 AM

Don't try ordering from Europe until exhausting all options in the USA.

They are most likely made in the USA on the same assembly line as other Model 70's and you should be able to special order the gun through a Winchester distributor. The first person I would ask is the owner of the shop that had the rifle you saw. It is possible that the shop owner or distributor may not have it on his list and may have to make phone calls and pester Winchester until they agree to sell him one.

Other makers also produce European variations of their guns which they frequently refuse to sell on the US market (like the Ruger Mini 14's in .222 Remington).

Richard.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1904

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com