Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

Reged: 27/04/08
Loc: From the Kalahari to the USA
ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability
      #208448 - 16/05/12 10:05 PM

Just picked up another ZKK 600 parts gun for next to nothing in 30-06 manufacture date 1968.Only missing part is the firing pin /cocking piece assembly.From my parts lists it looks as though a CZ550 firing pin and cocking piece would fit for this rifle.Called CZ USA and they were fairly certain that it would but I would like input before I order one at $100

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TilleyMan
.333 member

Reged: 23/08/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability [Re: Deutsche_Vortrekker]
      #208465 - 17/05/12 08:17 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I know that a CZ550 std (not magnum) mainspring will fit a ZKK 600 perfectly... same length, same internal diameter. Which suggests the firing pin is the same as a ZKK 600.

The ZKK cocking piece shroud is a bit different to a CZ550, whether the later parts will fit up to the earlier bolt body is the issue.

JACKEL
.275 member

Reged: 12/01/10
Loc: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
Re: ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability [Re: TilleyMan]
      #208512 - 17/05/12 11:52 PM

CZ 550 Standard lenght firing pin works fine, CZ 550 cocking piece shroud also, I did somthing similar but the other way arround, firing pin and cocking piece shroud from a ZKK 600 30-06 to a CZ 550 9.3x62.

Hope this helps.

ETA In fact I also mixed firing pin from CZ 550 9.3x62 with Cocking piece shroud from ZZK 600 and it also worked perfectly.

Edited by JACKEL (18/05/12 12:42 AM)

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

Re: ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability [Re: JACKEL]
      #208518 - 18/05/12 04:45 AM

Great information...Thanks to you both.I will order the firing pin cocking piece from CZ.This is also great information for future forum readers!

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability [Re: Deutsche_Vortrekker]
      #208702 - 21/05/12 06:17 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Deutsche_Vortrekker, as far as Brno and CZ firearms go, 1968 was a good year!
This was when the Soviets rolled in over the border.
I have a Brno, ZKK 600 (same as your 7x57), that was made in 1970 and luckily both the Metal and Wood fit and finish, are excellent!
From the firearms I have seen and heard about, the quality of both the Metal and Wood fit and finish, progressively became worse (after 1970ish), as a result of the Soviet influence on the factories!!!

And there are still Communist Stooges out there, trying to tell us that this was a good thing!
Pigs Arse I say, "Mediocrity, Isn't An Option"!!!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

Re: ZKK 600 CZ 550 Firing pin /cocking piece interchangeability [Re: Homer]
      #208707 - 21/05/12 09:16 PM

Received the firing assembly from Cz.And it does fit in a ZKK600but not without some work.Take down to remove the spring is the same as a ZKK600,but that is where the similarity ends.On a ZKK,after removing the spring and retainer nuts with the tool the shroud slides right off the firing pin assembly .Not so with a CZ550.After removing the spring in the same fashion as the ZKK,the shroud of the CZ550 is held on with a donut plug pressed into the rear of the bolt shroud.The donut plug must be removed before the firing pin can be removed.What rocket scientist thought of this.Difficult job removing but finially got it done.The firing pin is the same in the front but the cocking pieces are slighty different.On the ZKK, the cocking piece is pinned to the firing pin.The cocking piece is silver soldered or epoxed on the CZ550.Also on the ZKK a small retaining bushing is fitted over the rear of the firing pin that sticks out about .3" to the rear of the cocking piece and is peened ,polished and blued/parkerized for a finished look.On the CZ this is hidden under the large cumbersome bolt shroud so when fitted into a ZKK shroud the .3" of firing pin sticks out behind the cocking piece.So you must make your own bushing,but this has no effect at all on the firing of the weapon.Also the top of the CZ cocking piece is slightly less in diameter than the ZKK so there is a tad more space between the cocking piece clearance in the inside of the bolt shroud.Again unless you miked it as I did you will not notice it.The working parts of the cocking piece are the same.Trigger pull was excellent and the firing pin potrusion was about .055; the same as my other ZKK rifles.The bolt takedown device also works perfectly with the CZ550 firing pin/cocking piece in the ZKK600 bolt shroud.

Edited by Deutsche_Vortrekker (21/05/12 09:24 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4779

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com