Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Took the kids out...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> 'Classic' Firearms Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
Squarebridge
.300 member

Reged: 21/08/08
Loc: Tennessee
Took the kids out...
      #114017 - 09/09/08 01:28 PM

I had the day off and took my two best rifles out to the range for some 100 yard work. I'm homing in on 175 grain 7x57 and 220 grain 30-06 loads. I have found the load for my Sedgley - 41 grains of IMR 4064 behind a 220 grain Hornady round nose. It gives me a nice 1 1/2" group at 100 yards with the original Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4 power scope on its original Stoeger mount.

The other rifle is my 1909 Argentine custom the Dominick Pisano in San Antonio Texas made for me. This is my first year with it. It wears claw mount square bridges put on by Steve at clawmounts.com, and the little Weaver scope is a non-adjustable that gives me all the magnification I need and looks exactly right. If I ever draw an elk or mule deer tag out west I might - just MIGHT - get a fixed 4 power to go on in its place. Keep it simple, stupid - that's my motto.

I don't know what I'm going to get next, but I believe it will be a 9 or 9.3mm. For some reason I'm really getting pulled to the 9.3x57, and there are lots of great vintage sporters out there for less than a grand. And I need a good 6.5x55...of course. That's essential.

Anyway, sorry for the cell phone photo, but you get the idea. Doesn't the sun make the walnut on the Mauser glow?

Hope everyone else had as good a day - my shoulder is really sore after probably 50 rounds.

Edited by CptCurl (29/12/08 03:48 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Took the kids out... [Re: Squarebridge]
      #114018 - 09/09/08 01:33 PM

Nice rifles!

Beautiful wood!!

Great to hear you are bringing up the kids right, too!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

CowboyCS
.333 member

Reged: 05/10/07
Loc: Kansas u.S.A.
Re: Took the kids out... [Re: 9.3x57]
      #114021 - 09/09/08 02:11 PM

You should start a brass recycling business from the looks of the ground under the rifles, you could make a little money. Oh by the way nice rifles.

C

--------------------
The Bill of Rights- Void were prohibited by law
Stolzer & Son's Gunsmithing

Paul
.400 member

Reged: 28/08/07
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Re: Took the kids out... [Re: CowboyCS]
      #114024 - 09/09/08 03:31 PM

Nice rifles. If cellphones take pics that good, who needs a camera?

Squarebridge
.300 member

Re: Took the kids out... [Re: CowboyCS]
      #114048 - 09/09/08 10:19 PM

Quote:

You should start a brass recycling business from the looks of the ground under the rifles, you could make a little money. Oh by the way nice rifles.

C

No doubt! Don't think I don't cast an eye down for any goodies. I found about 10 .416 Remington cases one day - wish I had something to shoot them in. And the funny thing was, there was a .416 Remington for sale in the paper a couple of weeks after that. I wonder if he got a taste of a big bore rifle and decided to stick with his old 30-30.

The vast majority of it is steel cased 7.62x39 from people rattling away all day with their SKS's and AK's. I go early in the morning when I have the place to myself and these people are still asleep.

I really like quickly removable scopes. I'll never have a rifle that doesn't have one. Shooting with iron sights is such a humbling and clarifying experience. It gets you back to basics. You think you're Sammy the Sniper until you take the scope off and get back to a gold ball and a shallow V.

It's frankly a whole separate hobby.

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
Re: Took the kids out... [Re: Squarebridge]
      #114057 - 09/09/08 11:07 PM

Nice kids.Wonder what the wife is like!

Squarebridge
.300 member

Re: Took the kids out... [Re: iqbal]
      #114084 - 10/09/08 07:04 AM

Loud!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3323

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com