Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK
      #347122 - 25/11/20 08:05 AM

I have been doing a net search for a pump action rifle.

Firstly I have been looking a=for a BA AIA 7.62x39 for a long time. At a decent price which hasn't sold instantly.

An alternative might be a pump action in 7.62x39 and preferably one that could take SKK magazines.

I have seen one or two possibilities on the net. The difficulty is of course getting them imported through the stasi border force net. Even though technically legal, some of these pump actions look nasty and are not liked by authorities.

Secondly what about .223 and .300BLK pump action rifles?

I would LOVE to have one which could take exchangeable barrels in .223 and .300 BLK. One member knows his tempting post a year or two ago with an AR15.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: NitroX]
      #347147 - 25/11/20 07:03 PM

I think you can get barrel adapters for the Remington Pump. You can get them in 223 so a conversion to 300 B/Out should not be a problem. I don't know if SA will allow the pump with the pistol grip as it takes AR 15 magazines.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: Rule303]
      #347170 - 26/11/20 05:30 AM

Pump action rifles are very fast shooting. My bro has a Colt Lightening chambered in .45 Colt - quite slick and amazingly fast shooting.
Pedersoli, I think. Taylor's has the 20" bl. while my late buddy Brad had one with 24" bl. That was actually was faster shooting as quicker to get back on target. Not a high pressure gun, though.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: DarylS]
      #347174 - 26/11/20 06:03 AM

I have an original Colt in 32-20

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

mauserand9mm
.375 member

Reged: 03/09/09
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: tinker]
      #347235 - 27/11/20 09:23 PM

I was wondering about converting a semi-auto into a straight-pull professionally. The Browning Maral is kinda like this. I guess a modified semi-auto would be deemed to be too easily modified back to be allowed, and probably ruin the value of the rifle anyway.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: mauserand9mm]
      #347290 - 29/11/20 05:17 PM

Just to define a little better for people.

I am looking for quite specific desires.

1. Shooting the cartridges listed. One or more

2. If 7.62x39. BTW I have lots of ammo for a rifle chambered as such. Strong preference for a pump action which takes SKK magazines. If the same (?), AK-47 mags.

Such a rifle exists!!!! There is or was a Romanian variant of the AK-74 OR 47 ?, which operates as a pump action. Also has a left hand side lever, allowing the bolt to be operated that way as well to cycle.

Kalashnikov also makes one now.

But it uses 5.56 ammo not 7.62x39!

Probably not importable however, due to IMO illegal customs/border restrictions on imports.

3. Still interested in a AIA Lee Enfield styled bolt action in 7.62x39. If the right one comes up at the right time, and if I have funds at the time. Same for any rifle.

4. 5.56 and.300BLK. A pump action shooting 5.56. PREFERABLY can exchange barrels easily to and from .300BLK.

Using AR mags is a plus.

5. A fantasy? First need the funds. Secondly need to get police permission to acquire and if necessary import.

Customs is very tough on anything appearing like a semi auto. Even if otherwise legal. Also anything the police claim or pretend can be converted to semi auto.

The Troy rifle is such. Police claim it can be converted to semi auto.

I think they would say the same for the Kalashnikov pump action. Almost a certainty. No matter what the reality is.

Obviously I would actually like an AR-15 or SKK OR AK-47 but us peasant convicts aren't trusted with such.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (29/11/20 05:33 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: mauserand9mm]
      #347291 - 29/11/20 05:23 PM

Quote:

I was wondering about converting a semi-auto into a straight-pull professionally. The Browning Maral is kinda like this. I guess a modified semi-auto would be deemed to be too easily modified back to be allowed

Yep.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347292 - 29/11/20 05:30 PM

Quote:

I think you can get barrel adapters for the Remington Pump. You can get them in 223 so a conversion to 300 B/Out should not be a problem. I don't know if SA will allow the pump with the pistol grip as it takes AR 15 magazines.

A Remington 7615 is an obvious choice for the 5.56. Lots of them in SA. Some heavily modified and costing untold thousands!

I know many have pistol grips and are sold this way by Adelaide gunshops. I don't think there is any ban on pistols grips in SA.

AR magazines to ten shot are fine. I know some people have larger mags, but not sure about the legality.

SO TELL ME what you mean by barrel adapters?

Can a 7615 be modified with a barrel adapter allowing exchangeable barrels? Such as to .300BLK?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

vykkagur
.300 member

Reged: 28/11/19
Loc: Canada
      #347383 - 01/12/20 12:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I was wondering about converting a semi-auto into a straight-pull professionally. The Browning Maral is kinda like this. I guess a modified semi-auto would be deemed to be too easily modified back to be allowed

Yep.

This rules out the obvious options. The Yugo version of the SKS has a gas valve that closes, for launching rifle grenades. This turns it into a straight-pull bolt action, and it's pretty easy from there to add a pump handle. However, it's even easier to turn it back to semi-auto in about 30 seconds flat, so - denied.

vykkagur
.300 member

#347386 - 01/12/20 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

A Remington 7615 is an obvious choice for the 5.56. Lots of them in SA. Some heavily modified and costing untold thousands!

I know many have pistol grips and are sold this way by Adelaide gunshops. I don't think there is any ban on pistols grips in SA.

AR magazines to ten shot are fine. I know some people have larger mags, but not sure about the legality.

SO TELL ME what you mean by barrel adapters?

Can a 7615 be modified with a barrel adapter allowing exchangeable barrels? Such as to .300BLK?

I think the 7615 is your easiest option from a legal standpoint, but it would involve some gunsmithing (meaning $$$). It would have to be rebarrelled for 7.62x39, and the bolt face opened slightly. If they are already acceptable to your gruppenfuhrers as you say, then they're unlikely to raise objections to a mere caliber change. Best to avoid things like pistol grips, however, that can trigger knee-jerk alarm bells in the wrong places. You could have one rifle shooting both 5.56 and .300BLK by swapping barrels, but I don't know how difficult it is to swap barrels on the 7615. You couldn't have one rifle that could be used for all 3 cartridges, since the 7.62 bolt face is different.

I'd like to say that a 7.62x39 version of the 7615 could be a major seller in Oz and other places that ban semi-autos (Canada appears likely to join that list at some point, if our current administration has its' way). Unfortunately, if they do become widespread, it's only a matter of time before Big Brother realizes how fast they can be and bans them too. It only takes one looney using one for the wrong purpose to ruin it for everybody, so quantity production is out. I think the same would apply to any centerfire pump rifle. However the occasional conversion wouldn't attract much scrutiny.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: vykkagur]
      #347388 - 01/12/20 01:02 AM

The Troy AR-15 pump action rifles are for example blocked from import. It is claimed a simple upper (/) [art change and one has a semi-auto again. Not sure if it is true. Importers have been burned with the orders, approved, then rejected when they arrive.

The reason the stasi do not like them. is exactly why we want them. They are somewhat substitutes for an AR-15.

One of our previous members here on NE, had a kitted out 7615 in 5.56. And used it for National Park feral goat 'conservation' culls here in SA.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347390 - 01/12/20 01:24 AM

Kalashnikov pump action in 5.56.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmHMgiNQPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5P_RIWRM4

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017...-ksz-223-rifle/

Kalashnikov Officially Releases the Pump Action KSZ-223 Rifle

Posted April 20, 2017 in Daily News, Rifles by Hrachya H with 31 Comments

Tags: ipsc, kalashnikov concern, KSZ-223, pump-action, rifle, russia

Lately, they’ve been leaked images and videos of the Kalashnikov Concern’s new pump action rifle. We’ve covered all that information previously. Recently, the company has published an official news release and a video announcing the release of the KSZ-223 rifle. They’ve also uncovered more design details. So the information is now official, hence reliable. Without further ado, let’s watch the video first:

The new pump-action KSZ-223 is based on the semi-auto Saiga Mk 223. It is confirmed that this rifle was developed for the needs of competition shooters (manual rifle division). The gun features an enlarged magazine release lever and a large flared magazine well. It also has a new safety lever which allows fast manipulations with the shooter’s trigger finger.

Images by Kalashnikov Concern

The gun also retains the recoil spring, which should feel weird for those who shoot pump action shotguns. However, that feature will possibly allow faster and more reliable cycling of the action because the forward movement of the BCG is supported by the recoil spring. The gun also has a left side charging handle along with the traditional AK charging handle. You may think why does a pump action gun need a charging handle? But as you can see in the video, that feature comes in handy when shooting from a prone position, when the access and manipulations of the forearm/slide are not that convenient.

The dust cover is not removable but hinged at the rear sight block much like that of AKS-74U (a.k.a Krinkov) rifles. According to Kalashnikov, the dust cover has some sort of special fixation method, which makes it rigid and allows to mount optics on it and ensure the consistency of the zero. The rifle weighs 9 lbs 4 oz (4.2 kilograms) and has a 16.3″ barrel (415 mm). The overall length of KSZ-223 varies from 36.2″ (920 mm) to 40.3″ (1025 mm) depending on the position of the collapsible stock.

Right now it is a limited edition rifle available only for Russian IPSC team. However, after the 2017 Rifle World Shoot (June 1-11), they will make their final decision whether they will launch it for the civilian market or not. Let’s hope they will sell this gun. It will be a hot seller especially in some European countries where AK-pattern semi-auto rifles are restricted.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (01/12/20 02:20 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347391 - 01/12/20 01:43 AM

Romanian PAR-1 pump action rifle I believe WAS available in 7.62x39.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=818793

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=818793

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/AK%2047%20Rifles/PAR1_zps6a56dcae.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/AK%2047%20Rifles/PAR1-3_zps671ff17c.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/AK%2047%20Rifles/PAR1-2_zpsa410b656.jpg

As there is no gas system it SHOULD be 100% legal, but don't let logic hit you in the face. Too nasty looking.

And why they get banned? On that forum some idiot is saying convert it to semi or full auto. Then posts a photo of a real AK-47 ..... I am guessing these "conversions" were not pump actions PAR-1's with no gas system, but semi auto AKs converted to full auto .... Fuckheads. Cops read that. Then ban the lot of them. And the cops are VERY active reading stuff on the internet.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (01/12/20 01:49 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347392 - 01/12/20 01:57 AM

https://worldoftroy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017-SPMP-AR0-00BT-01-1700x499.jpg
Image too large

TROY Pump Action Rifle: Optic Ready
$1,069.00

The TROY Pump Action Rifle takes the ergonomics and versatility of the modern sporting rifle and deploys them in a new, manually operated, integrated pump action for sporting and defense applications.

https://worldoftroy.com/product/troy-pump-action-rifle-optic-ready-2019/

Available in .223 and .300 BLK

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347394 - 01/12/20 02:13 AM

A Rem 7615 in .223.

http://www.ozgunsales.com/photos/20200123_052616.jpg
Large image

http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/77946/remington_7615_223_pump_action_scope.html

REMINGTON 7615 .223 PUMP ACTION RIFLE

https://www.fisherfirearms.com.au/remington-7615-223-pump-action-rifle

REMINGTON 7615 BLACK OPS EDITION

https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/20071

--------------------
John aka NitroX

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #347396 - 01/12/20 03:01 AM

Troy look interesting, as does the Kalashnikov KSZ-223.

Just my $.02.....

I am pretty familiar w/ the Remington semiauto 742/740/7400 semi series which is very similar to the 760-series pumps. I owned a 740. The former are very popular in some states back east and the 760-series in PA with its millions of hunters where semi's could not be used for hunting. A good friend has a 760 in .30-06 and has killed a lot of game with it; elk, deer, etc.

For years I bought guns to learn the mechanism and understand the rifle and then sell it. Enjoyable and very interesting hobby of a sort. I couldn't get rid of the 740 fast enough. I've never seen a gun more obviously designed to cheapness of mechanical construction and less regard for long term function. Strong action, to be sure. I'll give them that. I did learn the gun and figured a method of accurizing it but cannot argue one word with the Remington sales representative that described them to a gunsmith/dealer friend of mine as:

"The Rifle that commences self destruction with the first pull of the trigger".

This...from a Remington sales rep!

You can find if you look hard enough raving reviews about their accuracy and such but this is frankly, mostly BS.

The gun served its purpose very well for gazillions of American hunters. My Father in law had a 742 from the early era for deer hunting in MI for many years and probably killed around 40 deer with it. Even had a custom stock made for it. His use fit well into the target market; 40 deer x about 10 shots per year of exclusively factory ammo "to check zero" for a grand total of maybe 500 bullets down the barrel for its entire career.This is the same category of use my friend w/ the 760 falls into. If your interest fits into the general concept you may find a 74/76-series gun to your liking.

1} Not shot a lot.
2} Shot at relatively short range.
3} Used with factory ammo unless you are fine with getting no more than 2 or 3 reloads from a case.

Could you get a reverse-lemon and trick yourself into a real dandy? Sure. Absolutely. I've heard of Vegas and Yugos that got good gas mileage and never needed a tuneup. But on the whole, I'd steer clear.

Now.....

An AK set up for pump action seems to me to be a VERY simple prospect to engineer and if it keeps the features of an AK except for the gas system, might be a winner. The troy looks very interesting, too. As with all these cobble jobs the theory can sound perfect while the execution should be executed, tho, tho who knows.

The Brit marketed bolt action AR's look very interesting, too, and as I understand it, some of those guns are dead reliable.

As for .300 BO not sure what your intended use is, but those that kill deer w/ AR's here that I'm familiar with {one fellow over on Arfcom has documented thousands} use straightup .223 w/ appropriate bullets. The .300 is a pretty lame cartridge EXCEPT for suppressed use which frankly might be of some real advantage to you on the farm there if that is your interest. {?} I say lame with a caveat. In the AR system it is better than the 7.62x39 as I've never heard of many 7.62x39 AR's that run well. So there's that. I REALLY like the 7.62x39 cartridge and had a CZ bolt and AK and killed varmints and deer and coyotes with the round. Excellent round and better IMO than the .300 tho the .300 is often compared with it. I guess I'm a little too hard on the .300 but my issue is in an unsuppressed AR I see little advantage ballistically, shorter range and much more expensive to shoot. That's my beef. I'd steer clear of a 7.62x39 AR at least based on every review I've investigated {reliability} and it seems mag issues are the primary bugger so a pump wouldn't solve that dilemma.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Edited by 9.3x57 (01/12/20 04:35 AM)

szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: 9.3x57]
      #347408 - 01/12/20 05:55 AM

For what it's worth, I killed my 1st deer of this season with my old (1941) Remington M141 in 35 Remington. Peep sight, and the shot was 181 yards. Bang/Flop. Pumps are very cool, but have not been paid attention too enough (I believe anyway)

I believe a pump is a design that should be revisited by the sporting arms makers.

Remington M760s were pretty good, but could have been so much better if they had incorporated a better extractor and inertia ejector (like those on my 141) and a telescoping forearm hanger that was square instead of round. That could have kept the forearm from touching the barrel at any point even if the hold was a bit "sideways". If so made, the barrel would have remained fully free-floated no mater how the rifle was held. Also making the guts more robust and adding a good trigger would have been things that would have made the gun a lot more desirable to the American hunter and rifleman.

Pumps are best as hunting rifles and not fighting rifles, but can bridge the gap in some cases. Overall, I think Browning/Winchester, Ruger, and perhaps Savage and Mossberg should re-think the idea and see what could be made.
Looking at the overall design of an AR10, such a bolt and carrier can easily be made to use a forearm lever instead of gas impulse, and such a rifle could be quite a good hunting arm. By making the cam arm a bit longer and off-setting the action rod, initial extraction can be made easier. The bolt design is already quite strong. The bolt carrier need not be as long because no return spring is needed, so the action can be modified to accept existing length mags, and it would not be a big trick to make a variant with 30-06 length mages either.

If we look at the accuracy available in the AR15 and AR10lines, removing the gas system and simply adding an action bar to unlock and reciprocate the bolt and carrier would not be hard to do and the accuracy could be outstanding. It's a design I have had drawn up for about 20 years, but I don't have a set of machines to build the prototype. But I do think the American and probably the Canadian sportsmen would think such a rifle would be very desirable. Magazines can be made to hold 3, 5, 10, 20, and even 30 rounds, but for the hunter, I am betting 3 to 5 is going to be the way most would like the rifles set up. f0or all the 223 and 308 base cartridges I would make the rifle to accept military spec mags. For 30-06 and shells up to 338 mag, I would spec out a set of mags for that size and length of cartridge.

In the USA the pump shotgun is by far the most popular, and pump rifles are often skipped because of the "lack of accuracy" and the lack of selection of calibers. My design would eliminate 98% of the objections. FAR better extraction and ejection than what's available now and for the last 50 years. FAR better potential accuracy, A LOT of options as to calibers and barrel lengths. Excellent triggers right out of the box, safeties that are easy to change from left to right handed shooters, ease of scoping and a good set of iron sights available. All the things dedicated hunters would love and also set up for real riflemen too, with excellent sights and scope mounting available, excellent triggers, adjustable or switchable stocks for differing LOPs, calibers from 17 Remington to 338 Win mag and 375 Ruger.

with AR15 size mags we could have 17 Rem, 204 Ruger, 5.56 NATO, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8SPC, 300 Blackout, 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf.

With the AR10 size we could offer the 243, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7-08 308 338 Federal and 358 Winchester.

With the new 30-06 length we can offer the 25-06, 270, 280, 30-06 338-06 35 Whelen, 9.3X62 and with the same length mag with wider feed lips we could offer the 7MM Rem mag, 300 Win Mag 338 Win mag, and 375 Ruger.

With changeable bolts (bolt carriers need not be changed) and a set up for a simple barrel nut tool, it would be easy to swap calibers too, with the owners being able to swap out barrels to any caliber that will fit in their magazine well. For example oing from a 25-06 to a 375 Ruger would me having a different magazine, a different bolt and a different barrel, and about 5 minutes to do it. Going from a 243 to a 358 Win would requite only a different barrel and that same 5 minutes of time.

All done to a very high degree of precision and done in a way that was also affordable to make such swaps.

I do believe such a gun would really catch on if it were made available. And looking at what I know of manufacturing, I also believe the whole package could be offered for a retail price under $1000.

Edited by szihn (01/12/20 06:13 AM)

vykkagur
.300 member

Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK *DELETED* [Re: NitroX]
      #347420 - 01/12/20 11:42 AM

Post deleted by vykkagur

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #347422 - 01/12/20 12:06 PM

It seems to me that pumps and straight-pulls should be on the engineering table of every gun maker, and in fact, maybe they already are.

Both suffer from lack of force for primary extraction but in calibers like the .223 and even better, the more expertly designed {for automatic arms}, tapered 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 should be winners.

On that note, I'd love to see a straight-pull with a reversible bolt handle in 7.62x39 that takes AK mags.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

vykkagur
.300 member

Re: Pump action rifles - 7.62x39, .223 & .300BLK [Re: 9.3x57]
      #347423 - 01/12/20 12:30 PM

Quote:

It seems to me that pumps and straight-pulls should be on the engineering table of every gun maker, and in fact, maybe they already are.

Both suffer from lack of force for primary extraction but in calibers like the .223 and even better, the more expertly designed {for automatic arms}, tapered 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 should be winners.

On that note, I'd love to see a straight-pull with a reversible bolt handle in 7.62x39 that takes AK mags.

Doesn't help you with the reversible bolt handle I'm afraid, but the Yugo SKS (M59/66), which I mentioned earlier, has a gas valve that can be shut off for grenade launching. This makes it a straight-pull 7.62x39. I'm pretty sure you can get a kit to convert it to take AK mags. Not sure how hard it would be to add a left-side bolt handle.

For a left-hand pull, you could convert a Steyr M95 to 7.62 and adapt it to a box mag, something like Lancaster did with his amazing Carcano carbine project, but using the AK mag instead of the CZ527. I've seen a Carcano converted that way. Switching a straight-pull bolt to LH is simply a cut-and-weld proposition. There was a Ross M-10 sporter with just such a mod up for auction recently. I've got pics of both rifles.

Update: I just checked out some pics of the M59/66 online. The left side of the bolt appears to be completely accessible, and only lacking the charging handle as is mounted on the right side. I can't speak with certainty without having one in my hand, but it looks very much to me from the photos that a left-side charging handle would be an easy addition. Anyone who's able to take advantage of suppressor technology would find the closed-bolt option would lead to better noise suppression. For a Cold War bullet hose, this rifle is getting more interesting by the minute. Not that it's going to replace the Ross or Brno on my favourites list, but in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max world, I think I'd rather pack an M59/66 than a black rifle. Apparently, I'm a traditionalist, even in my "assault rifles".

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347427 - 01/12/20 04:43 PM

Not a pump but And I would be happy with one of these ...
http://www.ozgunsales.com/photos/793bf97c9b1e4dc4b1280e71756ef0cd_1598842126.jpg

http://www.ozgunsales.com/photos/5da9de1076334966ac2924863d18a91f.jpg

http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/84238/aia_m10_a2_7_62x39.html
AIA M10 A2 7.62x39

Not worth $1900 though.

Yes ad nauseum need to repeat I know there is a CZ bolt. I want the bolt action to take SKK mags such as this one does.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

vykkagur
.300 member

#347435 - 01/12/20 06:05 PM

Quote:

Not a pump but And I would be happy with one of these ...
http://www.ozgunsales.com/photos/793bf97c9b1e4dc4b1280e71756ef0cd_1598842126.jpg

http://www.ozgunsales.com/photos/5da9de1076334966ac2924863d18a91f.jpg

http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/84238/aia_m10_a2_7_62x39.html
AIA M10 A2 7.62x39

Not worth $1900 though.

Yes ad nauseum need to repeat I know there is a CZ bolt. I want the bolt action to take SKK mags such as this one does.

That does seem a bit steep. Perhaps converting them to 7.62 is more difficult than it looks.

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #347436 - 01/12/20 06:48 PM

Tha AIA is a SMLE look alike but that is it. They have a Sako type bolt face from memory not the flat semi control round feed like the SMLE. The reason I never bought one.

Rem pump action barrel adapters you will have to google. I read about them on another forum several years ago. Saved having to get an entire new gun to change calibres from memory.

vykkagur
.300 member

#347437 - 01/12/20 10:43 PM

Quote:

Tha AIA is a SMLE look alike but that is it. They have a Sako type bolt face from memory not the flat semi control round feed like the SMLE. The reason I never bought one.

Sounds like they went out of the way to make it a more involved job than it needed to be, all to accommodate a lower-powered round. Not sure what their rationale was in doing that, but it certainly explains the cost.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#347447 - 02/12/20 02:30 AM

AIA rifles were built from scratch and are not conversions.

About $700 when sold new.

I would go about $1200 to $1500.

I have seen them sell from $1200 to a ridiculous $3000. Most are sold claiming shot "50 rounds only".

They do sell quickly.

Mute point, I can't pay for one currently anyway.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3889

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com