Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: What a Joke!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: What a Joke! [Re: dnovo]
      #101311 - 03/04/08 07:23 AM

Quote:

[Dave
Dave - let's just say it is only a "dream" of Sinner's, mine, Curl's etc to revive Rigby's, what the fuck is the diff between that and a newbie coming on board here at NE, getting involved in the discussions and clearly saying he would love to own an English DR in the future and then watching them achieve that ? It's great to watch them do it so let it be.

A 'newbie.' I've been not only collecting and shooting DRs since I was old enough to handle my father's pre-WWII Fraser, but have owned and collected them since my late teens. (I am 60.) A newbie? Not on this issue.

This 'newbie' has been involved in the legal and financial end of the firearms and ammunition business for thirty years. I have also been involved in trying to straighten out the messes that have caused more than one American and several other companies within the industry fail or reorganize. If you would like, send me a PM and I will send you a link to the firm and you can run me through most legal databases and see that, unlike some others, I am neither a newbie or a poser or a gun snob, who feels that having purchased a number of guns makes him the guru on the production, management and sales of even a small gun manufacturer.

So if you want to gas about how you are going to do all of this, feel free, but don't piss on me because I may disagree. If that's 'how we do it at NE, then that's too bad.

I should know better than to ask anyone on the Net to show his bona fides, including you and especially Sinner, who, by number of posts is no less a 'newbie' than me. To coin a phrase, I'll show you my collection and my bona fides (and the case lists) at any time, will you and he do the same? Let me know when you are ready, unless you would simply prefer to censor me again so you can continue your circle jerk.

As I said before, I couldn't care less if he, you or any combination of you want to spend your money anyway you want. I do care when some of us, me included, get told 'how dare you piss on my dreams' and then ass kissers like you leap to his defense and say, what the fuck right do I have to say something.

Sinner et al, put up or shut up. If you are going to do it, then do it and have fun. Don't tell me or anyone else that we have to salute the flag and pretend that a bunch of Internet talk must be treated as the Gospel.

Et tu? Dave

For a start, I wasn't refrring to you as a Newbie, I was referring to others who have joined over the years and started as a newbie and progressed to owning the "dream" they had so stop taking it so personally.

I can tell your a bloody lawyer

"Sinner et al, put up or shut up. If you are going to do it, then do it and have fun. Don't tell me or anyone else that we have to salute the flag and pretend that a bunch of Internet talk must be treated as the Gospel."

Who the fuck said you have to salute the flag FFS ?

Anyway, if the flag is a Mexican Rigby, it ain't worth Saluting anyway

If your not interested, then don't partake in the discussion.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Re: What a Joke! [Re: ]
      #101315 - 03/04/08 07:30 AM

Can't help it...
EVERY TIME I pick up or look at a double I am dreaming!! Isn't that what our love of double rifles and of times long gone all about? Call it romance, mystique or whatever you want, that is what I (and I bet most other sentimentally ill double owners) want when I buy a gun. You just can't get that ingredient in the current Rigbys.
To whomever is working to rescue Rigby: RIGHT ON!!

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

dnovo
.333 member

Reged: 21/02/05
Loc: Chicago & SE Wisconsin
Re: What a Joke! [Re: Huvius]
      #101318 - 03/04/08 08:02 AM

"I can tell your a bloody lawyer" No, I'm a bloody GOOD lawyer. (And it is "you're" or "you are" not "your.") And as my counterparts down by you say to me when I get called in when one of the Ptys needs local counsel, "I don't care if you are nasty, just make sure you are GOOD at it!" (Nice folks, they pay by international wire, 'cause if the check was in the mail, God knows when I'd get paid.)

You know, Mick, I prefer dealing with you and the others in Australia who speak their mind, and don't pull the punches rather than the posers who people the Net. Really.

And I don't blame you for foisting Foster's on us here in the US, with those lying ads that said "Fosters is Australian for Beer" when one of my Ducati chums in Canberra said "Foster's is Australian for Piss, I wouldn't wash my ex-wife's feet in it."

Okay, I will defer to you and your head on approach on this Mick, no more posts on this topic from me. Dave

--------------------
Time Wounds All Heels

500Nitro
.450 member

#101324 - 03/04/08 08:39 AM

I thought Mickey was in Washington state.

dnovo
.333 member

Re: What a Joke! [Re: 500Nitro]
      #101326 - 03/04/08 08:45 AM

Okay, you got me there too. That's what I have associates for, I'm more the 'big picture' guy :-) Dave

--------------------
Time Wounds All Heels

500Nitro
.450 member

#101327 - 03/04/08 08:55 AM

dnovo

Next time, don't bring a knife to a gunfight !!!

500Nitro
.450 member

#101331 - 03/04/08 09:23 AM

dnovo

Thought this was approprite

EDIT BY ADMINISTRATOR: No it was not appropriate.

Edited by NitroX (03/04/08 01:16 PM)

dnovo
.333 member

#101333 - 03/04/08 10:00 AM

Quote:

dnovo

Next time, don't bring a knife to a gunfight !!!

I had the gun the first time, I decided to be nice and simply not pull the trigger. Dave

--------------------
Time Wounds All Heels

Edited by dnovo (03/04/08 10:09 AM)

dnovo
.333 member

#101337 - 03/04/08 10:08 AM

Quote:

dnovo

Thought this was approprite

PICTURE REMOVED FROM ORIGINAL POST BY ADMIN

Now now, I thought the fight was over? Apparently not.

Okay, first, I don't have that much hair, wish I did. Second, to quote the song, "don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell." Its 'appropriate' not 'approprite.' Still want to tell me not to bring a knife to a gun fight?

Let's all go quietly back to our sandbox and play nicely. You go back to working your (not "you're" this time) project with your friend, and I will stop posting on this thread.

I will go back to robbing widows, cheating orphans, and getting corporate criminals off the hook so they can continue to destroy our ecosystem like all of us bloody lawyers and not bandy barbs with someone who clearly has a much smaller caliber weapon for that fight. Okay? Dave

--------------------
Time Wounds All Heels

Edited by NitroX (03/04/08 01:18 PM)

500Nitro
.450 member

#101338 - 03/04/08 10:14 AM

Dnovo

The last 2 post were a joke.

Take it in a light hearted way !

Over.

dnovo
.333 member

#101343 - 03/04/08 10:24 AM

Okay, then I will and I am out and will withdraw my last two barbs, except to say that I do wish that I had half that much hair -- on my head that is. I still have the same amount as I had when I was 18, it just seems to have migrated to my back, my ears, and other parts where it isn't wanted. Peace and all that stuff. Dave

--------------------
Time Wounds All Heels

hoppdoc
.400 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: What a Joke! [Re: Huvius]
      #101346 - 03/04/08 10:33 AM

To bad folks got irritated but the topic is fascinating-- what Huvius previously seems to have great merit and may be the key to success vs competing in the same fashion as other gunbuilders making fine firearms--

Sinner and others may disagree but consider--

If others are making guns with old world technology can components be prepped better and labor$$ and time with CNC technology?? Do Merkel and Heym use modern CNC technology?

It would be interesting to check with some engineers cordinating with Double makers to see how much things could be prepped and what monies actually saved--

If substantial savings could be made then one could take an aggressive approach and have some investor with substantial CNC assets obtain the talent to prep the parts and send them to London for final finishing and assembly prior to sale.Quite proper to finish the London gun in London!!

I think such a company making SXS shotguns and Doubles with the same treated frames/recievers(like Merkel)could have 3 grades of product and do nicely with the Rigby name.Of course more revenue would come from a ? Hunting clothing line than the guns themselves.Its easier to buy clothes than guns.

Getting talented craftsmen would be a critical issue but made attractive in the states with company benfits of retirement, health insurance, gun discounts,and other "perks" private gunmakers could not duplicate. Your not talking about a turkish knockoff here but a quality gun.Close talented coordination via the internet could be done to maintain QC standards for the final assemblers with the highest level of talent in London.

If the modern machinery and trained talent could be pooled and a high quality product delivered at the entrylevel, midlevel, and "best" level, the Rigby name would do the rest--

Could it actually be done?? Only pencil pushers could answer that.
It would be great fun to watch happen!!!

--------------------
An armed man is a citizen of his country, an unarmed man just a subject.

Nakihunter
.375 member

Reged: 13/10/07
Loc: New Zealand
      #101347 - 03/04/08 10:35 AM

Dave

Glad you decided the fight is over, wheeewh!

Just as it is easy to pick on spelling, it is very easy to pick on intellectual logic, epistemology & philosophy. Passion, vision & dreams do lead to realistic results. The process is logical but is not rational (unlike legal arguments)!!!!

What people objected to was not that you disagreed but the way you disagreed. You have said so much that some of it was a bit annoying even to me the newbie!

You need to get your facts right (like all good lawyers) and read the thread properly....

Just because someone agrees with some one else does not make them a crony (spelling?) or that he is sucking up! Your local judges would not like that suggestion I am sure.

Just go back & see who suggested this idea of buying up & turning around Mexi-Rigby....Can't a newbie have his dream & express it on this forum? The important thing to remember is that many people can have the same or similar idea and come up with it independently - and not have to be admonished by someone else or have to fight a law suit for violation of intellectual property!

Just because a newbie who never drank red wine before finds it strange doesn't mean that John stops making wine!

--------------------
Always shoot through the target & not just at it.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: What a Joke! [Re: Nakihunter]
      #101359 - 03/04/08 12:20 PM

This thread started out as an interesting 'what if' and deteriorated into a pissing match. Even after re reading it I can't see where it went wrong.

However, I hope that the negative slams and barely concealed insults are finished.

We have always been a bit more civil towards one another than other places and I doubt very seriously if the moderators will allow this to change. It seems to be what is expected and appreciated by the vast majority of our members.

We can all disagree without being disagreeable.

Dnovo

Foster's is like piss. I doubt if any one here will dispute that. XXXX is really how Aussie's spell beer, at least in Queensland.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: What a Joke! [Re: mickey]
      #101365 - 03/04/08 12:36 PM

Time to close this thread.

For the gentlemen whom want to discuss the issues and topic and any plans feel free to start another thread on the topic. Any detractors, well, if you're not interested just don't join in or read it.

Edited to add: If the originator of the thread wants it reopened I may reopen it, possibly after a few days cooling off (which means I am away for a few days ).

If re-opened Admins or Moderators may just delete whole posts that are off topic.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (03/04/08 05:19 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 30912

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com