Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Shed Hunting

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
IronBuck
.300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
Shed Hunting
      #9654 - 21/02/04 02:32 AM

How many of you guys go shed hunting to get through the post hunting season blues and scout for next year? I have been out twice now here in PA. I found several nice sheds. Looks like we should have a good crop of bucks here next season

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ChuckWagon
.275 member

Reged: 09/02/04
Loc: USA
Re: Shed Hunting [Re: IronBuck]
      #9657 - 21/02/04 03:03 AM

I usually do but my camp is five miles behind the main gate at the highway. This year their is three feet of snow in the woods. I hear it has been plowed to the edge of my property so I am going to drive up tomorrow and see if I can get in. I doubt I will be doing much walking in the woods though. I expect it will be a hard winter on our deer herd.

--------------------
Life is more like a jar of Jalapeno's than a box of chocolates. What you do today might burn your butt tomorrow !

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
      #9670 - 21/02/04 05:24 AM

Still too much snow here to look.

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

IronBuck
.300 member

Re: Shed Hunting [Re: AspenHill]
      #9683 - 21/02/04 07:05 AM

All of the sheds that I found were right in deer beds that were melted into the snow. The trails are like highways in the snow. You can see exactly where the deer are coming from and going to. I think it is actually easier to find them with snow on the ground. I used to wait for it to all melt before I looked. I still found them but not like this year with the snow on the ground.

I am sure some are covered..........but I'll look for them after the snow melts in a month or so

ChuckWagon
.275 member

Reged: 09/02/04
Loc: USA
      #9684 - 21/02/04 07:10 AM

I live right on a major metro Park so I used to just walk out back and head into the thick stuff. Like you said their are usually highways packed throw the low areas. I guess it was about three years ago I had a perfect 12 pointer with a 6" drop tine hanging out. He must have been in the mid 180's. Easy. I spent every free day I had for a few months looking for that bruisers sheds. Never found them and never saw the old guy again.

--------------------
Life is more like a jar of Jalapeno's than a box of chocolates. What you do today might burn your butt tomorrow !

IronBuck
.300 member

Re: Shed Hunting [Re: ChuckWagon]
      #11076 - 07/03/04 02:15 AM

Here is a matched set that were found in central PA. A friend of mine sent the pics. What an absolutely awesome buck! I'd love to nail one like this. It is the buck of my dreams. I love the mass and knarly points.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1581

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com