Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Suhl 98 Mauser

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
John303
.300 member

Reged: 16/11/06
Loc: Canada
Suhl 98 Mauser
      #95670 - 01/02/08 12:36 PM

Well it happened again, buckled to an addiction for Mausers. Found a 98 in 8x57 made in Suhl, needs some TLC but a very nice rifle, rust free and a circassian stock with some figure. Had double set triggers but some "genius" removed the back one at least nothing else is frigged up and I will replace the trigger asap. One flip up blade rear sight, some nice scroll engraving on receiver and bottom metal with about 70% of the original? blueing remaining. Take care all --- John303.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: Suhl 98 Mauser [Re: John303]
      #95700 - 01/02/08 09:31 PM

Very nice - can't wait to see a photo

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #95796 - 02/02/08 05:21 PM

John 303,

You're not trying to tease everyone here are you?

Come on, do show her off! We're all eager to see her.

Good hunting and congratulations on a lovely find!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

John303
.300 member

Re: Suhl 98 Mauser [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #95817 - 03/02/08 02:44 AM

Yeah, OK, teasing just a little bit, the Suhl is already getting the TLC, stripped the goo off the stock yesterday, probably freshen the checkering this weekend. The CH stock is from a previous post is getting the final coats of Tru-oil. I promise to post pics of all in the future. In the mean time looking at another 98, maker ??, price good. Double set triggers "modified", I guess I'm one of a few that likes them, if just for the looks. --- John303.

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
      #96157 - 07/02/08 06:04 AM

John,
I saw that you are online now, and are from Canada, so I thoght I would jump in to try to get a respnse from you on a question I have. I understand, from numberous Canadians, that the Baikal o/u and sxs double rifle (most of them in .30-06 caliber) have been sold in Canada for at least the past two years, and have not been sold in the U.S.A. for some reason (was told that the new distribuotor, Remington here in U.S.A., had a dispute with Baikal, so it has created a problem). Anyway, Do you happen to know if it is possible for a dealer/sporting goods shop in Canada, or a private individual owner in Canada, to ship said double rifle to a customer in U.S.A. (specifically, preferably, from British Columbia or Alberta, since I am closest to those areas)? If you have no idea, or, if you think it possible, could you give me telephone numbers of said dealers/sporting goods dealers for Baikal, and/or private owners who might sell theirs to me? Best, Jack Sullivan

John303
.300 member

Re: Suhl 98 Mauser [Re: doubleriflejack]
      #96183 - 07/02/08 01:58 PM

Hi Jack; I have never attempted to do that sort of thing (ship a gun into the US) so I am not familiar with the ins & outs of the process. I would say it can be done, ship one dealer to dealer if they have the right permits. It's possible that a US citizen with a PAL could take it into the US for you and your customer pick it up from him. Not much help am I? Did you try and contact Baikal Canada and get some input from them - it's the registry thing over here that complicates things. Perhaps some one more knowledgeable will chime in. --- John303.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2426

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com