Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Royals in spotlight over going hunting

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
News
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Internet News
Royals in spotlight over going hunting
      #87243 - 16/10/07 05:46 PM

Deer hunter Kate under fire for going shooting with Royals
By REBECCA ENGLISH and REBECCA CAMBER - More by this author » Last updated at 00:57am on 15th October 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770

Kate Middleton

Dressed to kill: Kate in camouflage outfit (plus earrings)
Kate Middleton last night found herself at the centre of a public row over her decision to go deerstalking with the Royal Family.

Prince William's girlfriend - now hotly tipped again as a future royal bride - chose to join a shooting party in Scotland at the weekend, much to the anger of anti-blood sports campaigners.

"It is shocking and abhorrent that she is engaging in blood sports.

"Kate is obviously trying to endear herself to the Royal Family and her decision will do her no favours whatsoever," said a spokesman for campaign group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

It is not clear whether the 25-year-old - dressed in camouflage gear but, bizarrely, still wearing her favourite dangly pearl earrings - bagged her first 'kill'.

But she was photographed practising with a formidable bolt-action hunting rifle watched by Prince Charles and two ghillies before heading off into Highlands.

Her presence at Balmoral alongside Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall - neither of whom joined the hunt - is being seen as the clearest sign yet that, following her brief split from William earlier this year, Miss Middleton is firmly back in the royal fold.

Charles frequently took Princess Diana up to Scotland in the early days of their courtship, although in reality she hated countryside pursuits.

Scroll down for more...

Kate Middleton goes hunting

Dressed in camouflage gear, Kate Middleton got some expert coaching before taking aim

Almost 27 years ago she was accused of cruelly wounding a stag while stalking with the prince shortly before their marriage and although she was 'blooded' by ghillies - a ceremony which involves a hunter's forehead being smeared with the blood of their first kill - she vowed never to take part again.

News of Miss Middleton's decision to join the shooting party was revealed in the Mail On Sunday.

Eyewitnesses said Miss Middleton showed a remarkable level of confidence as she chatted enthusiastically with the future king while he showed her the ropes.

Scroll down for more...

The deerhunter: These pictures of Kate Middleton stalking Highland stags has infuriated animal-rights campaigners

As she lay prone in the heather with her rifle, which had been fitted with telescopic sights and a silencer to allow her to shoot a stag a mile off, she appeared completely at ease as Charles's ghillies talked her through the firing procedure.

After making sure of her target - in this case a metal practice one in the shape of a deer - she pulled the trigger confidently, birds scattering in fright.

As she fired, one of the prince's ghillies scanned the target with his binoculars to see where the bullet had hit.

He then adjusted the sight of her rifle again slightly before she headed off in pursuit of William, who had already left with a small party of friends at first light.

Scroll down for more...

Huntswoman: Kate takes aim as she is tutored by ghillies

William is a particularly keen huntsman who inherited his lover of deer stalking from his grand-father, Prince Philip.

Later in the afternoon, Kate was seen driving one of Charles's own Land Rovers across the hills back to Birkhall, the prince's home on the estate.

William's party spend the rest of the day watching the English football team's Euro 2008 qualifier followed by the national side's dramatic rugby World Cup semi-final victory.

Intriguingly, friends of Kate pointed out yesterday that she has never been a particularly enthusiastic supporter of blood sports.

Indeed, despite being pictured alongside William, also 25, during several pheasant shoots at Sandringham over the past few years, she has never once been seen with a gun in her hand.

stag

Anti-blood sports campaigners claim if deer are not killed instantly by hunters they will be left in extreme pain and distress

Sources close to the couple claimed yesterday that Miss Middleton's decision to join her boyfriend stalking was part of a 'concerted campaign' to prove to William that she 'has what it takes' to be his wife.

"Kate is determined to do whatever it takes to convince William that she has the right pedigree.

"She is a solidly middle-class girl but has suddenly developed a remarkable interest in the hunting, shooting and fishing lifestyle," they said.

"Actually, word is that William and Kate had a row recently over the way in which he continues to confide in two of his closest girlfriends about matters of the heart.

"Apparently he had always planned to go up to Balmoral for the end of the stalking season but he decided to take Kate with him in an effort to make it up to her. "Kate has now started telling people to expect an engagement by Christmas, although no-one really thinks that it will come to that so soon. William still wants to wait another year or so.

"That said , he does want to get married before his father accedes to the throne as he would like to have a family of his own before he has to take on the responsibility of being Prince of Wales."

Last night a spokesman for the League Against Cruel Sports lambasted Miss Middleton for taking part in the shoot.

"Killing deer for a sport is a horrible pastime. It's very sad that she has chosen to participate in this cruel sport.

"It's hardly a setting a good role model for young women, killing animals and I can't see that this will do her reputation any good whatsoever," he said.

Yvonne Taylor of PETA added: "Kate is obviously trying to endear herself to the Royal Family, which is absolutely appalling.

"It wasn't so long ago when she was pictured wearing a fur hat which caused a public outcry and now she is endorsing blood sports.

"The vast majority of the public will be disgusted by these images.

"Some have compared Kate to Diana, but Diana never wore fur and she also turned against blood sports."

According to the British Association for Shooting and Conservation, deer can cause considerable damage to farm and timber crops if their numbers exceed the available food supply in their woodland or hill habitat.

To reduce such damage and to ensure that the population remains balanced and healthy, deer stalkers use rifles to cull individual animals.

Those likely to be removed, they say, are the old and weak deer as well as some younger females to reduce the number of offspring produced.

Anti blood sports campaigners insist, however, that the chances of a hunter - especially an inexperienced one - failing to kill an animal instantly, leaving it in enormous distress and pain, is high.

--------------------

African News Headlines at a glance daily

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: News]
      #87260 - 17/10/07 01:54 AM

These idiots really don't get it. Just because someone hasn't hunted before doesn't mean they won't. It's all in the right opportunity to do so and in going with good company. Good on her.

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: 475Guy]
      #87283 - 17/10/07 10:40 AM

She looks good in camo too. Good on the lass and the British Royal family for upkeeping traditional values and pursuits even in the face of an idiot media and sheeple population.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: NitroX]
      #87286 - 17/10/07 10:52 AM

She's absolutely gorgeous in camo, sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiit.

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #87298 - 17/10/07 06:20 PM

Well done Kate!

Quote:

dressed in camouflage gear but, bizarrely, still wearing her favourite dangly pearl earrings

BTW, why is it bizarre that she didn't take out her earrings, which clearly are not dangly, and thus will not get in the way?

As for the rest of the article, these PC PETA journalists make me puke with their lies and distortion of the truth.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: EricD]
      #87306 - 17/10/07 09:25 PM

If you read the story the photos are all from the sighting in shots, even though the captions tend to say differently.

One guy elsewhere once outlined what the British Royal Family does, vs what our Aussie and Other World politicians do.

Traditional values, country pursuits etc vs a lot of trash.

Certainly made this Aussie "republican" think twice (ie officially and legally the Queen of England is also the Queen of Australia).

I hope the young Royals keep up their interest in deer stalking, grouse and pheasant shooting, fishing, African safaris etc. Hopefully fox hunting will be brought back there to oneday.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Shackleton
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/07
Loc: Iowa
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: NitroX]
      #88653 - 10/11/07 12:56 PM

I've had PETA supporters complain to me about hunting being cruel, too-while they're wearing shoes made out of leather. I just tell them that if deer would stop tasting so good I'd stop shooting at them.
That makes them go away.

--------------------
"I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."--Stephen King

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: Shackleton]
      #88683 - 11/11/07 04:32 AM

Marvelous, absolutely marvelous. Love to see the Royals in what I feel is favourable lime-light.
; "The Queen" was a great movie and deserved all the awards it received.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: DarylS]
      #89046 - 15/11/07 05:06 PM

At the risk of lowering the tone in the forum: The perfect handbrake/cook/toolbox/future bride. Goes shooting and keeps the blankets warm too....God bless you Kate.

Paul
.400 member

Reged: 28/08/07
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
      #89051 - 15/11/07 07:22 PM

Although an Aussie republican, I admire the British Royals for sticking with their hunt'n an' shoot'n. It seems to me that when modern (alternative) morality can be ignored, those who can hunt will hunt, as our instincts dictate.

At the same time, I blame the British system for the modern decadence. Eight hundred years of hanging poachers persuaded the average Pom he didn't want to eat the King's deer, and that killing animals was cruel, anyway.

This is why, despite McDonald's and Dubbya, the USA really is God's Own Country - the place where man was reborn to hunt with the freedom he'd once had for three million years.

Here endeth the sermon

- PSM

TOP_PREDATOR
.224 member

Reged: 03/05/06
Loc: British colony of New Zealand
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: Paul]
      #93813 - 08/01/08 07:20 AM

"I hope the young Royals keep up their interest in deer stalking, grouse and pheasant shooting, fishing, African safaris etc. Hopefully fox hunting will be brought back there to oneday"

Maybe i'm just old school,but i don't think hunting is optional for the Windsor family,they are bred for it.

--------------------
"I have carried out my official duties as long and faithfully as i can,and for the rest I have lived in such a fashion as seemed most agreeable to me...convinced that a good day's shooting is second in point of pleasure to nothing else on earth."

Lord Warwick

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: Paul]
      #93838 - 08/01/08 12:46 PM

Quote:

This is why, despite McDonald's and Dubbya, the USA really is God's Own Country - the place where man was reborn to hunt with the freedom he'd once had for three million years.

Here endeth the sermon

- PSM

I would just love it, just love it, if the whole dang family flew over here for a real "hunt", i.e. foxes on horseback, just to stick it to Parliament.

Every once in a awhile the Irishman in me takes a back seat to just pure cantankerousness!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: 9.3x57]
      #93853 - 08/01/08 08:06 PM

What rifle and scope are they using?
I think she is a great role model although not as good as the likes of Britany Spears and Ms Hilton, hey?

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: ozhunter]
      #93856 - 08/01/08 09:20 PM

Good Girl!!

Don't you love the way the photos are captioned - clearly can't tell the difference between shooting at deer and at a paper target!

Ozhunter - Britney wouldn't fit into those trousers!

SportingD
.224 member

Reged: 22/08/06
Loc: Argentina
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: 475Guy]
      #94145 - 13/01/08 04:17 AM

Quote:

As she lay prone in the heather with her rifle, which had been fitted with telescopic sights and a silencer to allow her to shoot a stag a mile off , she appeared completely at ease as Charles's ghillies talked her through the firing procedure.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#94462 - 17/01/08 07:02 AM

Good for her, support your man at all costs! Politics are a real bitch.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: ]
      #94505 - 17/01/08 03:29 PM

Isn't this the girl whose dad used to own a Safari Company? Wasn't she raised in Zim? Can't believe she never hunted before.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: mickey]
      #94511 - 17/01/08 04:24 PM

Chelsie Davie is the girl friend of Harry (Williams Brother) and Daughter of Charles Davie.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Royals in spotlight over going hunting [Re: ozhunter]
      #94515 - 17/01/08 05:52 PM

look at the younger ghillie checking Kates arse out hahaa,i would too.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6520

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com