Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: info requested on unnamed maker

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
dale
.333 member

Reged: 28/02/06
Loc: logan W.V.
info requested on unnamed maker
      #94318 - 15/01/08 03:44 PM

I looked at a really nice litte double this past weekend but the gun didn't have any names on it and I couldn't find any makers marks. It had some unique features that I'm hopeing will give someone a clue as to the maker. Below is what I can remember.
German 7 pin sidelock in 9.3x74r caliber with sideclips and cocking indicators,tang safety. A round cross bolt third fastener. The action is completely covered in fine scroll engraving, also the trigger guard and gripcap. Extended top tang, disk set strikers, and the watertable and breech face were colorcase hardened. extractors with the locking screw for the extractors between the under lugs. Fine checkering, teardrops, splinter forend with anson style release. Metal trigger guard and grip cap. Pancake cheekpiece with three carved lines, two lines next to the stock where one normaly is and a fine cut line just under the top edge of the cheekpiece. Brick colored recoil pad. On the flats it was dated 12/29 and proofed with an eagle,crown,N and U. Then stmg but I don't remember the what weight was. then 9.3mm and the 74. The only evidence of a serial number was a #1 on the forend iron and a #1 on the barrel just forward of the locking lugs. The bbls. had a solid rib with machine wave and no standing rear sight or scope bases. It had a single island with two seperate hinged foding sights and a catapilar type front sight. The hood appeared to snap down onto the front ramp instead of sliding on. It was a beautiful gun, flawless workmanship. Any ideas as to who made it?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: info requested on unnamed maker [Re: dale]
      #94319 - 15/01/08 04:29 PM

Quote:

I looked at a really nice litte double this past weekend but the gun didn't have any names on it and I couldn't find any makers marks. It had some unique features that I'm hopeing will give someone a clue as to the maker. Below is what I can remember.
German 7 pin sidelock in 9.3x74r caliber with sideclips and cocking indicators,tang safety. A round cross bolt third fastener. The action is completely covered in fine scroll engraving, also the trigger guard and gripcap. Extended top tang, disk set strikers, and the watertable and breech face were colorcase hardened. extractors with the locking screw for the extractors between the under lugs. Fine checkering, teardrops, splinter forend with anson style release. Metal trigger guard and grip cap. Pancake cheekpiece with three carved lines, two lines next to the stock where one normaly is and a fine cut line just under the top edge of the cheekpiece. Brick colored recoil pad. On the flats it was dated 12/29 and proofed with an eagle,crown,N and U. Then stmg but I don't remember the what weight was. then 9.3mm and the 74. The only evidence of a serial number was a #1 on the forend iron and a #1 on the barrel just forward of the locking lugs. The bbls. had a solid rib with machine wave and no standing rear sight or scope bases. It had a single island with two seperate hinged foding sights and a catapilar type front sight. The hood appeared to snap down onto the front ramp instead of sliding on. It was a beautiful gun, flawless workmanship. Any ideas as to who made it?

Dale,

Sounds like a guild gun made about 1950.

Bob Jones may know the gun your seeking info on, contact him at:

817.923.9688 - Phone

817.923.9844 - Fax

http://www.bobjonesguns.com/

dale
.333 member

Reged: 28/02/06
Loc: logan W.V.
Re: info requested on unnamed maker [Re: ]
      #94337 - 16/01/08 12:24 AM

Sinner,

thanks for the information, I'll contact him.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1095

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com