Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
fraserdouble
.224 member

Reged: 06/06/06
Loc: Australia
8x60 Magnum oberndorf
      #89295 - 19/11/07 11:16 PM

I posted this under the reloading section and attracted little attention. Perhaps Mauser fans only read this forum. Anyone able to assist?

I am actively thinking about buying an original Oberndorf which is in 8x60mm with .323'"bore and am told is proofed for the magnum load.

Have any members had experiance with this cartridge? any loads/? and can cases be made from 30' 06 brass?
I prefer loads using Varget if possible?
Also any idea on value? This one is original, approx 80% blue with a shiny sharp rifleing bore and made in 1934. It has a single trigger with one standing and two folding leaves (100, 200 & 300) wood is very good with some use marks which do not detract but fit with the age of a well cared for rifle.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Collath_500BPE
.300 member

Reged: 30/08/06
Loc: Europe, Austria
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: fraserdouble]
      #89300 - 20/11/07 12:28 AM

Hi fraserdouble,
in Europe 8x60S is still available as ammo. RWS is selling
the cartridge with 11,7 gramm DK ( double core bullet)
8x60S ( =8x60 Magnum = 8x60 Bombe) means .323 bullets.
If you have a fax no. I will send you the original reloading datas.
regards Johann

m4220
.300 member

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: wa
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Collath_500BPE]
      #89349 - 20/11/07 12:32 PM

Johann, Can you post that data, I to would like to see it. I have several boxes of the RWS 8x60S and one older white box RWS labeled 8x60S Magnum, also have several boxes DWM that just say 8x60 on them. I have been told there is the standard loading ballisiclly close to the 30-06 but that the magnum bombe is closer to the 300 H&H. Enlighten me as all I have shot thru my gun has been reloads.

m4220

BFaucett
.333 member

Reged: 13/01/04
Loc: Houston, Texas
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: m4220]
      #89358 - 20/11/07 02:30 PM

Just FYI:

The 1937 DWM catalog that I have lists one load for the 8x60 Magnum Bombe cartridge: 12.0 gram bullet at 891 meters per second which equates to a 185 gr bullet at 2923 fps.

For comparison with the same bullet weight, the catalog lists two regular 8x60 loads as:

12.0 gram bullet at 791 meters per second which equates to a 185 gr bullet at 2595 fps.

12.0 gram bullet at 817 meters per second which equates to a 185 gr bullet at 2680 fps.

Barrel length for all is listed as 65 cm (650 mm = 25.6 inches)

meters x 3.28084 = feet
grams x 15.43237 = grains

Cheers!
-Bob F.

m4220
.300 member

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: wa
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: BFaucett]
      #89365 - 20/11/07 04:15 PM

Thanks Bob,
Would you know of what powder is equivilent to the original Gewehr Blattchen Pulver (military flake powder) as a lot of these have the load data marked on the receiver ring. I have also read that the proof house at Zella-Mehlis introduced new proof rules on september 1, 1911 and the proof house at Suhl, in april 1912, adopted the Zella-Mehlis rules. According to the new regulation, smoothbore and rifled barrels were tested with special proof powders which were produced by the Koln-Rottweiler Pulverfabrik (Cologne-Rottweiler Powder Works). So how does one know how to translate these over to the common powders of today to know if they were proofed for the higher velocity magnun bombe? I started loading on the light side and worked up to 2500 fps range for the std loading and watching for pressure signs along the way. (Fine) I have been afraid to work up higher due to the beautiful stock on my rifle for fears of inducing a crack.

M4220

fuhrmann
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/05
Loc: Switzerland
      #89396 - 21/11/07 04:47 AM

I think there is no way to "translate" the characteristics of historic powders into the modern powders we have today.
One warning: muzzle velocities given in old german catalogs are notoriously optimistic. And then they liked to use very long reference barrels, e.g. 68 or 72 cm.

Fuhrmann

BFaucett
.333 member

Reged: 13/01/04
Loc: Houston, Texas
      #89461 - 22/11/07 03:30 AM

Quote:

Thanks Bob,
Would you know of what powder is equivilent to the original Gewehr Blattchen Pulver (military flake powder) as a lot of these have the load data marked on the receiver ring. ...

I have no idea.

-Bob F.

fraserdouble
.224 member

Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: BFaucett]
      #89511 - 22/11/07 09:34 PM

Hey Guys,
You are straying from the initial questions. Can someone please help answer the questions?
Fraserdouble

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
      #89541 - 23/11/07 04:41 AM

To answer directly-

I have an 8x60 Magnum (engraved as such on the barrel) with a .318" bore, I've shot it and loaded for it, although I have yet to settle on 'the load' for it.
My rifle has a single express sight and is fitted with the standard period QD claw mounts.
The barrel's a monolithic slender taper with integral rib, case hardened action, double set triggers.

Cases can indeed be formed from 30-06 brass.
Just pass them through the 8x60 sizing die and trim to length. Run them from there, no problems at all, besides the fact that you will have ammunition headstamped 30-06 that shouldn't ever be mixed up with 30-06 ammo (no brainer there)

I run the woodleigh round nose bullet.
Haven't gotten good chrono data yet.
Go ahead and try Varget, start with 30-06 starting loads and work up with your chrono until you get the right velocities -- or simply work a load up to your rifle's regulation!
Express sights fitted and regulatged at the factory make this work easy.

I can't speak for the value of your rifle without some very good photos or better yet the rifle in my hands.

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Texraid
.224 member

Reged: 23/11/07
Loc: N. Kentucky, USA
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: tinker]
      #89558 - 23/11/07 01:48 PM

Quote:

To answer directly-

I have an 8x60 Magnum (engraved as such on the barrel) with a .318" bore, I've shot it and loaded for it, although I have yet to settle on 'the load' for it.
My rifle has a single express sight and is fitted with the standard period QD claw mounts.
The barrel's a monolithic slender taper with integral rib, case hardened action, double set triggers.

Cases can indeed be formed from 30-06 brass.
Just pass them through the 8x60 sizing die and trim to length. Run them from there, no problems at all, besides the fact that you will have ammunition headstamped 30-06 that shouldn't ever be mixed up with 30-06 ammo (no brainer there)

I run the woodleigh round nose bullet.
Haven't gotten good chrono data yet.
Go ahead and try Varget, start with 30-06 starting loads and work up with your chrono until you get the right velocities -- or simply work a load up to your rifle's regulation!
Express sights fitted and regulatged at the factory make this work easy.

I can't speak for the value of your rifle without some very good photos or better yet the rifle in my hands.

--Tinker

I was going to post similar information, however I might add, if the bore has not already been slugged I would suggest doing so. An 8X60 Magnum SHOULD be a .323 bore but as Tinker says, he has one in .318. One can't be too careful.

fraserdouble
.224 member

Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Texraid]
      #89590 - 23/11/07 09:57 PM

Guys,

Thanks for this is goes along way.

Any idea on the proof marks for the Magnum load, bullet weight & powder loads?
Fraserdouble

Mauser8x60
.224 member

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
      #89591 - 23/11/07 11:10 PM

Hi everybody

I am new to this forum.

I also own a Mauser Oberndorff 8x60 made in 1928, according to Jon Speed, with a 27" barrel and double trigger set. This rifle belonged to my grandfather who was originally from Germany as a soldier in Sudwest(Namibia).

I have also been searching the web for loads for this rifle, since RWS ammo is very expensive here in South Africa +/- US$3 per round. I managed to get some RWS cases. I would therefore also appreciate any load info that you can spare.

I have photos of the rifle, however I am clueless as to how to place it on this forum. Help would be appreciated

Texraid
.224 member

Reged: 23/11/07
Loc: N. Kentucky, USA
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Mauser8x60]
      #89693 - 25/11/07 03:24 AM

Here is a place to start on loads.The magnum is just a hotter 8x60 load.

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Texraid]
      #89697 - 25/11/07 04:47 AM

Most accounts of this cartridge are essentially parroting of the above noted text.

COTW doesn't account for the numerous .318" 8x60 magnum rifles that are out there, if one were only to use that book as a reference they'd surely end up getting confused.
Also, using the militaria-collector standard of 'reduced loads only for the .318" rifles...' will leave many owners of .318" full nitro 8x60 rifles short-run when it comes to getting their nice, early 20th century sporting Nitro rifles up to their potential.

Furthermore, Fraserdouble --
This rifle you're considering might not like Varget.
I've been working with 2015BR in cartridges from the .458 winchester down to the 25-20.
It's been a marvelous full-case powder, very consistent in velocities, hasn't shown up to be temperature sensitive either. I don't know what the load would be for this powder in the 8x60 as I haven't tried it yet in my 8x60 rifles, one of which is a SxS BLE and has shown to be very sensitive to different powder choices at similar velocities.
Get your chronograph, your dies, and your powder scale and get to the shooting bench with that Mauser!

Some of what this all boils down to is that if you're looking at an 8x60 sporting rifle from the early-mid 20th century, it's important that you take everything into account.
This is one of those cartridges that will test the crowd for sure.

It's a cartridge that's truly one for the Handloader, and one's experience and care from the reloading bench to the shooting bench will greatly reward him.

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Collath_500BPE
.300 member

Reged: 30/08/06
Loc: Europe, Austria
      #89997 - 28/11/07 09:03 PM

Hi m4220,
here are the reloading datas of 8x60S for all members of the forum.Good luck with the old but very good caliber.
Johann from Austria [url=http://]web page[/url]

400NitroExpress
.400 member

Reged: 26/11/03
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Collath_500BPE]
      #90011 - 29/11/07 01:50 AM

Hmm. The rimless 8X60s are both currently standardized by CIP. The CIP max pressure (the highest pressure permitted for factory ammunition that can be legally sold) is the same for both 8X60 and 8X60S - 4050 BAR, or 58,740 PSI. The case is very similar to, and can be made from .30-06, which also has a CIP MAP of 4050 BAR. Sounds like it should be very similar to the '06 with similar weight bullets to me, as the load data above would seem to show.

--------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

jwheeler
.224 member

Reged: 18/11/07
Loc: Louisiana, USA
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: 400NitroExpress]
      #90040 - 29/11/07 07:15 AM

Does anyone know if RWS is currently being imported into the United States? If so, who is the U.S. contact? Jeff

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: jwheeler]
      #90108 - 30/11/07 04:37 AM

.400 NitroExpress.30/06 brass with is the same as .25/06, .270, .280, is loaded to 63,000PSI in the smaller calibres. Due to the weaker Springfield rifles and actions of the 1st war, '06 ammo itself is held to lower pressures. For modern rifles, wiht handloads, it's pressure allowable is the same as any other calibre on the same case.
; Due to it's larger bore size and attendant greater expansion ratio, the 8mm on the '06 case will exceed any ballistics the .308 cal.'06 can produce, with the same bullet weights,at identical pressure.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

400NitroExpress
.400 member

Reged: 26/11/03
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: DarylS]
      #90113 - 30/11/07 05:50 AM

Quote:

.400 NitroExpress.30/06 brass with is the same as .25/06, .270, .280, is loaded to 63,000PSI in the smaller calibres. Due to the weaker Springfield rifles and actions of the 1st war, '06 ammo itself is held to lower pressures. For modern rifles, wiht handloads, it's pressure allowable is the same as any other calibre on the same case.

False. The maximum safe pressure is that which the weapon was proved for, and that is the purpose of proof. Any other assumption is baseless and irresponsible, especially with respect to a 1930s rifle. European built .25-06s are proved to 65,266 PSI and .270s to 62,366 PSI - .30-06s and 8X60s are not and never have been. Sure, you can keep going until the primers fall out and then back off a mite. You may set the lugs back or worse, or you may not. Even if you don't, it's a particularly stupid thing to do with a 73 year old rifle. Published European data developed recently in modern pressure testing equipment (which I've a hunch the above data represents) won't exceed CIP max, as the standards are law there, which they have never been here.

Quote:

Due to it's larger bore size and attendant greater expansion ratio, the 8mm on the '06 case will exceed any ballistics the .308 cal.'06 can produce, with the same bullet weights,at identical pressure.

I said the velocities with same weight bullets would be similar, as indeed the above data shows, not that they would be identical. The data shows the same or perhaps slightly greater velocity for a 187 grain 8X60S max load as what can be expected with 180 grain .30-06 at the same pressure limit.

--------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

FrankMartinez
.300 member

Reged: 20/08/04
Loc: The real Northern CA, USA
      #92635 - 26/12/07 04:10 AM

Hope you don't mind, but I would like to share another 8x60 rifle for everyone to see.
The ladder sights reach to 1200 meters.
I have fires factory loads a couple of times and the reloading info here will be very helpful.
I understand there is factory brass available as well.

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: FrankMartinez]
      #92647 - 26/12/07 06:14 AM

Frank,

Of course, no one minds - thank you very much for sharing pictures of such a nice old rifle! The combination of octagonal barrel and ladder sights is unique.

Thanks for posting and good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

FrankMartinez
.300 member

Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Mauser8x60]
      #92655 - 26/12/07 08:48 AM

Quote:

Hi everybody

I am new to this forum.

I also own a Mauser Oberndorff 8x60 made in 1928, according to Jon Speed, with a 27" barrel and double trigger set. This rifle belonged to my grandfather who was originally from Germany as a soldier in Sudwest(Namibia).

I have also been searching the web for loads for this rifle, since RWS ammo is very expensive here in South Africa +/- US$3 per round. I managed to get some RWS cases. I would therefore also appreciate any load info that you can spare.

I have photos of the rifle, however I am clueless as to how to place it on this forum. Help would be appreciated

Here is a step-by-step from AR I hope it will help.

Picture of T.Carr

Posted Jan 9, 10:37 PM
This is a primer for people who struggle with their computer, like me. For all you gearheads, go read something else. Wink

FIRST.
You need to download your pictures to your computer. Whether it is directly from your digital camera or via a scanner for print pictures. There are too many softwares/cameras to tell you how to do this. So, you will just have to figure it out.

If you don't already have a folder called "My Pictures" (or similar) then open a new folder just for your pictures. It is generally also good to open a new sub-folder in the My Pictures folder for each set of pictures, like "Zimbabwe 2005" or "AR Miscellaneous" or "Rifles. You get the idea. Better to set up a different folder for each set of pictures than try to sort through all of your pictures (after a while you will end up with so many pictures in My Pictures folder that it will be hard to sort them with out seperate sub-folders).

SECOND.
To Direct Link (post pictures on websites like AR) you need to have your pictures "hosted" on another website.

There are many image hosting websites. Some are free, some cost money.

The term "Direct Linking" means that you can post the URL (internet speak for "address" or "location") of a picture that is stored on one website to another website.(Direct Linking is sometimes called "Hot Linking" but there is a difference in that Direct Linking is allowed by the website where Hot Linking is posting a picture from a website where you don't have permission to do so.)

Some image hosting websites allow Direct Linking others do not. Read the website's rules to see if they allow Direct Linking. I know that Imagestation, Webshots and Yahoo do not allow Direct Linking.

How to choose an image hosting website? Again there are so many that it is hard to select one. Each one will have its own limitations and advantages.

I selected www.photobucket.com They are free but limited (in number of pictures and number of times those images can be accessed). Because of the number of pictures I host, I went ahead and got their unlimited Premium Account for $25.00/year.

I am sure there are other very good image hosting sites. I just don't have the time to research them.

You can start with a free account on Photobucket and upgrade later if you want.

From here on out, I will be giving instructions for hosting pictures on Photobucket. If you use another image hosting website, its procedures may be different.

THIRD.
Now that you have downloaded your images to your computer and opened an account with Photobucket, you need to resize/compress your images into a size that is easily downloaded (especially for those either downloading or viewing pictures on a dial-up connection versus DSL or other faster internet connection). [I used to use Imagestation and they automatically resized your images to the proper size. So check with your image hosting site and see if they automatically resize].

From here forward I am going to use the following abbreviations:

"LC" means place your cursor on the item and single Left Click on your mouse.

"PB" means Photobucket

NEW *** NEW -- Photobucket now has a new feature. You can download photos and Photobucket will resize them for you. At the bottom of the Upload Images & Video box, click on "Uploading Options". Then click on "Message Board (640 x 480)". When you download your photos, they will be resized to 640 x 480.

OK, how to resize/compress your pictures? You should have some kind of Photo Editing software on your computer. There are so many different softwares that I can't give you the exact steps. But your goal is EDIT your pictures to approximately 448 x 336 pixels (approximately)[no larger than 640 X 480]. My software has several settings that allow you select the size for Web Pages.

You will want to save your original picture so you can make print photos from it. So, open a new sub-folder for your resized/compressed pictures. For example, I download pictures of my rifles from my camera to the My Pictures sub-folder called "Rifles". I then also open another sub-folder called "Rifles-web". COPY (do not "Move") the specific images you want to post from your Rifles folder to your Rifles-web folder.

Open your Image Editing software and the select your Rifles-web folder so those images can be edited. On my software you first select the image by LC on it, then LC on "Edit Pictures" then you have the choice of Resizing or Compressing (on my software you can select either one). Then select the size, my software has several options for sizes. Then SAVE the edited image. On my Image Editing Software, you can also select all of the images and resize all at once.

***Some of our Members have suggested some free image editing software (freeware) that is available on the internet. I have not used any of these programs, so you may want to research them and see which is best for you: PAINT.net IRFANVIEW Also see this post Image Resizing

FOURTH.
We now have uploaded our images to our computer and resized/compressed them.

We have opened an account with PB.

We now need to upload our images to PB.

Step 1.
Add Sub Album to your PB account. Name it "Rifles-web" and LC on the "Create" box.

Step 2.
LC the Rifles-web album to open it. It will say "Photo album is empty".

Step 3.
Either LC on the Browse button if you want to add one image or LC on the "Submit Multiple Pictures" and then LC on the number of pictures you want to upload.

Step 4.
A window should open up and you need to open your "My Pictures" album and select it so that so that your pictures show up in the window. Then LC on your Rifles-web sub-album and LC on the "Open" box.

Step 5.
LC on an image of your rifle (it should highlight it) and then LC on the "Open" box. The window should close and you then LC on the "Submit" box on PB.

FIFTH.
Now you will see a picture of your rifle with 3 boxes below it. Url box, Tag box and Img box. [For posting pics to AR all you need is the Img box, so I LC on the blue box "Account Options" and then LC on "No" next to both the "Display Url" and "Display Tag", then LC on the "Update" box.]

The picture you see is only a "thumbnail" size picture. To see the actual picture that will post on AR, LC on the thumbnail. [My browser won't allow me to use the Back arrow to get back to the previous screen when I am in PB, so I have to LC on the word "Rifles-web" located in the upper left hand corner of the screen].

SIXTH.
You need to have two windows open, one with AR and one with your account in PB.

Type a response on AR and where you want a picture to appear you just need to Copy and Paste the info in the Img box on PB.
You Copy and Paste by LC on the Img box, that should highlight the info in the box (on my computer it turns blue). Then, with your cursor in Img box Right Click. A window will open up, LC on "Copy".

Now all you have to do is Right Click in your post on AR and then LC on "Paste".

And there you have it.

Regards,

Terry

P.S.

Put your cursor on the image above and Right Click. A window will open up, LC on "Properties" and you will see all the information for that picture.

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete Message
T.Carr
Picture of T.Carr

Posted Jan 30, 7:08 PM Hide Post
If you want to use the Thumbnail picture on PB. Then you have to put your cursor on the Thumbnail and Right Click. A box will open up, LC on "Properties". Now put your cursor at the beginning of the the information to the immediate right of "Address: (URL)" (it will start with "http://") and LEFT CLICK, HOLD and DRAG until all of the Url is highlighted.

Now, put your cursor on the highlighted Url and Right Click, a box will open up then LC on "Copy".

Because the thumbnail doesn't already have the Image code in it like the Img box does on PB, if you want to post the thumbnail you need to use the Image icon at the top (next to last one that is shown above the window when you are typing on AR).

LC on the Image icon, a box will open up that says "Image Url". Put your cursor in the blank in the box and Right Click then LC on "Paste" then LC on "OK".

Leave the "Align Image" box marked for "None".

You have to use this same procedure if you want to Direct Link (you are really "Hot Linking") to a picture on another website. Like this picture from Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris:

Regards,

Terry

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: 400NitroExpress]
      #92662 - 26/12/07 11:01 AM

400NE, you are needlessly making noise orver somehing none of us can measure. The same rifles here are chambered for the .270, .280, .25/06, .30/06, .308 Winchester etc, all loaded to slightly different pressure on the same base case. The '06 itself is loaded to slightly lower pressures than the new rounds on the same brass as I indicated, due to the Springfield rifles.
: I've been shooting Mausers, Winchesters and Remingtons in a variety of factory and custom chamberings for over 40 years now, all loaded to virtually the same pressure levels without loading to blowing primers as you indicated. The only time I've ever bought factory ammo is to test for base expansion. I go thorugh between 12,000 and 25,000 rounds of rifle ammo a year. I've never set the lugs back 'or worse', either. My original post had nothing to do with yours. I didn't even read yours. I merely made a true statement that you found fault with, erroneously in my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion as well.
; We are not very familiar with 'proof' here as nothing is 'proofed'. Ammo is loaded to specific pressure levels though, SAAMI standards are kept by all ammo mfgr.s.
; The same pressure allowable in any gun safely chambered for the .270., .25/06 or the others can be safely loaded to the that very same pressure in any calibre on the same action is all I said - IF the same brass is used. Sorry if I confused you.
; I really don't care what it is proved for, whether it's 63,000PSI or 65,000PSI - how do you tell the difference? - doesn't matter to me as a handloader as I do not have pressure testing equipment identical to the ammo mfgr's. One loads his ammo to a pressure level suitable for the action used. Whether or not the 8x60 or .30/06 has or doens't have European proofs- I couldn't care less. When I make up wildcat or other ammo using .06 brass in a good condition .98, I know what I can load it to after careful experimentation. To do otherwise is foolish.
; If you don't know how to do that, by firing factory allowed ammo and measuring case heads and rim expansion, then I suggest you shoot factory loaded ammo. The ultimate test in strong actions, on safe maximun loads is ctg. case longevity. If your brass is failing (expanded primer pockets after only 5 to 15 shots, your pressures are too high. If you are rubbing the ceiling and your brass is lasting 30 to 50 shots, then you are doing something right.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Blacktail53
.224 member

Reged: 14/06/07
Loc: USA, Oregon
Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: DarylS]
      #93056 - 31/12/07 02:48 PM

Interesting thread and beautiful rifles, gentlemen.

My only suggestion in regards to making cases is: If I owned both a 30-06 and a 8x60 and wanted to make cases for the latter... I would probably use 35 Whelen cases, to keep any ammo mix ups at bay.

BT

FrankMartinez
.300 member

Re: 8x60 Magnum oberndorf [Re: Blacktail53]
      #93207 - 02/01/08 10:03 AM

8x60 brass is available.
Frank

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10198

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com