Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bill_Cooley
.300 member

Reged: 14/12/06
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Re: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express [Re: bonanza]
      #91917 - 18/12/07 01:47 PM

400 Nitro Express,
Congratulatons on the 2007 forum prize. Well deserved!
Bill

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BigFiveJack
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/05
Loc: Half hour North of Tampa Bay F...
Re: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express [Re: Bill_Cooley]
      #91946 - 18/12/07 05:55 PM

I too have learned much from M.C. and I very much

appreciate his contribution to these forums. I encourage

him in the book writting idea mentioned earlier. I have

said in the past, if I ever find myself in his company I

will shake his hand and buy him a nice steak diner as a

token of my thanks.

--------------------
Cordially,
Jack

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS Member

clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
Re: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express [Re: 500Nitro]
      #91988 - 19/12/07 04:55 AM

I know 400 personally. We have hunted together and we chat on the phone at least once a month - usually always about DRs and hunting.

Having spent time with the man away from his notes, his books and his computer, he knows this stuff from memory. I'm sure he consults reference material when finer details are needed, but most of the stuff is wedged in his brain.

Cheers to recognition you rightfully deserve, ye old fart.

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

Singh
.224 member

Reged: 22/02/06
Loc: Grand Rapids,MI
Re: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express [Re: clark7781]
      #91989 - 19/12/07 07:40 AM

So glad to have 400 around,learned a lot,enjoyed his company numerous times & would not buy an English DR without his blessing!
Congratulations Sir!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express [Re: Singh]
      #92321 - 21/12/07 02:52 PM

I think the NE forums have many good knowledgable persons. Mark (400NE) is a very valued member for his knowledge and I am always amazed at the extent of it. Actually I think I invited him here years ago and I'm glad he took up the invitation and has continued to enjoy it here. Thank you to Mark (400NE) for his contributions.

I've been thinking I have never had a good look at the proofs and other markings and origins of my own DR and 400NE's and other members great knowledge might prove useful yet again. From what I've seen in the past, often even down to the date ranges of various serial numbers. Thanks in advance.

We also have many other very good and knowledgable members and I won't name them all, as there are too many to name. I always say the membership of the forums makes the forums. It is good to have a VARIED membership from many different parts of the world, from different backgrounds and interests, sharing some common interests which is why they join in here. Variety makes for good discussions and hopefully most of the time the discussions stay polite and constructive. When they don't, well it usually doesn't take long and the storm blows over, and getting the blood up occasionally is probably good for the heart.

I for one enjoy talking about vintage and newer English rifles, and also Continental makers, vintage as well as the brand new ones many of us buy these days for our hunting. I am a big fan of Mannlicher and Mauser bolt actions and good shotguns. More of a "user", I like hunting with them, than a collector and definitely not an expert in any form. So it is great to hear the discussions from our members whom have great depth of knowledge on many varied and sometimes broad areas as well.

NE members, I hope you all continue to enjoy the NE forums and website, JOINING IN is the best way to get the most out of them, hopefully we all learn something from time to time, but enjoy the experiences and make new friends around the world. I know I have. I've enjoyed seeing members dogs, photos of their families in the snow, hunting sheep in North America, or buffalo or springbok in Africa. Even hares and rabbits in Australia, Finland or Canada. I love seeing their prized double rifles and other firearms. Well oiled gun metal and warm walnut. Sorry to the stainless steel, plastic fantastic people - hey I'm guilty of posting photos of stainless steel DRs and plastic stocks for them as well.

Merry Christmas to everyone again. Its not far off now and it is actually raining today, the first for months. Hope you all enjoy a break if you have one and good times with family.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

FrankMartinez
.300 member

Reged: 20/08/04
Loc: The real Northern CA, USA
Re: 2007 Prize to 400 Nitro Express [Re: 400NitroExpress]
      #92656 - 26/12/07 09:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What's your angle mister; who are you: a gun dealer, a gun builder. Are you George Caswell?

None of the above. I'm just a shooter and a hunter.

And one helluva steak griller.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6722

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com