Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Wilbur Smith, so eloquent
      #92446 - 23/12/07 05:20 AM

'I am always fascinated by the confused thought processes of your average shrieking liberal,' Sean intervened and Claudia turned on him gleefully, lusting for battle. 'There is no confusion in my mind. You are here to kill animals.'

'The same way that a farmer kills animals,' Sean agreed. 'To ensure a healthy flourishing herd, and a place for that herd to survive.'

'You are not a farmer.'

'Oh yes, I am,' Sean contradicted. 'The only difference is that I slaughter them on the range, not in an abattoir, but like any farmer, my chief concern is the survival of my breeding-stock.'

"They are not domestic animals,' Claudia contested. 'Those are beautiful wild animals.'

'Beautiful? Wild? What the hell has that got to do with it? Like anything else in this modern world, the wild game of Africa has to pay its way if it's going to survive. Capo, here, is paying tens of thousands of dollars to hunt a lion and an elephant. He is giving those animals a monetary value far above goats and cattle, so that the newly independent government of Zimbabwe is willing to set aside concessions of millions of acres in which the game can persist. I hire one of those concessions, and I have the strongest incentive in the world for protecting it from the grazers and poachers and making certain I have plenty of game to offer my hunters. No, ducky, legal safari hunting is one of the most effective arms of conservation in Africa today.'

'So you are going to save the animals by shooting them with high-powered rifles?' Claudia demanded scornfully.

'High-powered rifles?' Sean laughed softly. 'Another emotive liberal parrot cry. Would you prefer us to use low-powered rifles? Won't that be rather like demanding that the butcher uses only blunt knives to cut throats? You are an intelligent woman, think with your head, not your heart. The individual animal is unimportant. His life span is limited to a few short years. In the case of this lion we are hunting, probably twelve years at the very most. What is beyond price is the continued existence of the species as a whole. Not the individual, but his entire kind. Our lion is an old male at the very end of his useful life span during which he has protected his females and his young and already added his genes to the pool of his race. He will die naturally within the next year or two. Much better that his death produce ten thousand dollars in cash which will be spent on providing a safe place for his cubs to live, than having this wilderness encroached upon by swarming black humanity and their scrawny herds of goats.'

'My God, listen to you.' Claudia shook her head sadly. ' "Swarming black humanity", those are the words of a racist and a bigot. It's their land, why can't they be free to live where they choose?'

'And that is the logic of woolly-headed liberalism,' Sean laughed. 'Make up your mind whose side you are on, the beautiful wild animals or the beautiful wild blacks. You can't have it both ways; when the two come into competition for living space, the wild animals always come off losers, unless we hunters can pay the bill for them.'

From A Time to Die by Wilbur Smith copyright 1989

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hoppdoc
.400 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: DoubleD]
      #92458 - 23/12/07 08:20 AM

Excellent!!

--------------------
An armed man is a citizen of his country, an unarmed man just a subject.

Bramble
.375 member

Reged: 29/07/06
Loc: England
Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: hoppdoc]
      #92482 - 23/12/07 01:03 PM

DD might need to edit, its Sean, has come out Scan here.

Regards

Met him in London about 7 years ago at a lecture he gave, nice guy and had time to chat about hunting.

Edited by Bramble (23/12/07 01:04 PM)

Nakihunter
.375 member

Reged: 13/10/07
Loc: New Zealand
Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: Bramble]
      #92493 - 23/12/07 07:27 PM

Wilbur Smith might be a "nice guy" & a great writer. What kind of a human being is anyone if he or she thinks that animal rights are more important than black African human rights? Do we call ourselves human being with integrity or are we just the animal at the top of the world's food chain, happy to destroy any other human (psychologically, intellectually, economically, by propaganda or by war)?

Do we justify this forum for propagating such views?

PS. "Nice Guy "Wilbur is also known to distort historical facts in his novels in order to support Aparthied before 1993.

--------------------
Always shoot through the target & not just at it.

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: Nakihunter]
      #92494 - 23/12/07 09:26 PM

Quote:

1: What kind of a human being is anyone if he or she thinks that animal rights are more important than black African human rights?

2:Do we justify this forum for propagating such views?

3:PS. "Nice Guy "Wilbur is also known to distort historical facts in his novels in order to support Aparthied before 1993.

hi naki
i put numbers on there so it will be easy to follow this tread.

1. well i wont spend thousands of euros on the black african human rights, most of goverments in africa wont either. when i go to africa it will be on a safari, to see the impressive nature and take a pair of nice trophys, if the black african has used there human rights and killed all there is, then i wont go. no animals=no money

2: since this forum also is about hunting africa. yes i think so, and i dont think i will be the only one.

3:that might be right, i dident think to much of apartheid but then again i dident know much about it, i see on some other sites that the new freedom is not used were well at all. crime is rising all out of proportions. and the next president is from what i hear, allready known as corrupt and a criminal, who thinks mugabe is a swell guy.

thats my two cents.
peter

hoppdoc
.400 member

#92501 - 24/12/07 01:33 AM

Without the $$$ from hunting the game in Africa would be gone-Far better to preserve hunted species than expect that money would solve all the blacks problems in Africa-Ultimatley they must solve those issues internally within their cultures, not with hunters money. Feed them yes, but show them how to farm,etc,not just wait to be feed!!

The problem of "swarming humanity of Blacks"(I assume=impoverished blacks) cannot be resolved with just money as its a multfactoral cultural issue.

Curious that in the US we have thrown BILLIONS of dollars at "Swarming black humanity" and other impoverished peoples with little improvement in their ability to contribute to society--Welfare money begets a mentality("something is owed to me,I'm not responsible") that begets crime- be it drugs,violent crime,human trafficing et al--"Swarming Black Humanity"(impoverished blacks) remains culturally/morally infested so that the welfare dole promotes their lifestyle.Crime statistics support that.

My sheriff meets with other sheriffs regularly. It is his opinion if you could remove the high welfare, low income projects and surrounding low income housing that 80% of the drugs and violent crime would disappear!!These places are where he sends his deputies go again and again and again for violent crimes.

So I say--hunt Africa so your dollars and animals feed africans and definitely send money to charities that feed Africans, but don't expect a constant money dole to solve the issues that their cultures must evolve and solve internally.

--------------------

DoubleD
.400 member

#92518 - 24/12/07 05:14 AM

Way to go DD you touched off another shit storm!!

--------------------
DD, Ret.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #92531 - 24/12/07 09:39 AM

Quote:

Way to go DD you touched off another shit storm!!

With Hoppdoc in the vortex of the tornado as usual!!

Ag, nee!!

Die Swartgevaar!!!!!!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Bramble
.375 member

Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: 9.3x57]
      #92537 - 24/12/07 11:57 AM

Well Nakihunter,

If you actually want an answer rather than making a rhetorical statement.

If you were to read the novels Smith actually features "Blacks" and I use that term advisedly and generically only for the purposes of this reply, as the central characters in many of his stories. Indeed it can be seen that the "whites" in his stories could not achieve the things that they do without the assistance of the native population. In fact Smith takes pains to point out the differences between the different cultural groups or "tribes" far more than most authors who set stories in this continent. In "Gold" the hero of the story is a Zulu, in several of his stories he bemoans the destruction of the lands occupied by the San and the impact on their way of life.
He is at times paternalistic in his attitude, but that is not unusual for a person of his age and background.

If you really want to look at the abuses of "Black" human rights in Africa then look to the governments that came to power after the removal of colonial rule. SA is the shining exception at the moment, but with Zuma in power in a couple of years time that may go down the toilet or end in civil war. Tens of millions of innocent men, women and children have been killed in pointless internecine conflict in Africa in the last 50 years.
"Black" dictators have lined their pockets at the expense of their populations. Disease is rife, hospitals almost non existent, corruption endemic and economies in ruins.
Central to the themes in Smiths works is the misuse of the land and natural resources to line the pockets of the few rather than make life better for the many. In " The Leopard hunts in Darkness" he points out that a well run farm in Zim that has provided work and shelter for many and food for very many more has been misused and now only barely supports a few homesteaders (Veterans). That much is clear from the starvation in Zim now.

Did Smith believe in majority rule. I cannot answer for him, but from his writing it appears not. That doesn’t make a person a racist. For on the other hand I don't believe in majority rule in the UK. Most of the population are morons and they are doing their best to destroy this country. Because the majority of this country are white that is not a racist statement.

You jumped down peoples throats in a recent humour post claiming that they had missed the real point in SA. Do you intend to do this whenever the subject of race is mentioned in the African context? If so then I would like to know your credentials for doing so. Smith lived through the transition from white/colonial rule to dictatorship, I have family living in Zambia now for 25 years and my history degree was handed to me personally in Plymouth in 1997 by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. So throw you CV on the table old son and I might be more prepared to listen to what you have to say.

And on this occasion, please leave God out of the reply if you run out of anything constructive to say.

Nakihunter
.375 member

#92552 - 24/12/07 01:52 PM

Bramble

This is a public forum & people express their views & I do the same. I just made some obsevations & asked questions that will make people think for themselves. If that makes you uncomfortable, them you need to find a resolution.

Regarding the recent "humour" issue that you talk about - please retrace the thread & you will see that my first response was a moderate one & I was the third person to make a dissenting comment after 2 other members. I put my foot down only after the subject got more blatent & some people started justifying a ridiculous position. My CV can be deduced from various posts I have made. Whether you find it credible or not matters not to me. It is not relevent who says it, the principle is the issue and that does not change.

There are many people on this forum & others who have strong views & voice them. If a post indicated unsafe reloading recommendations, I would speak up. If a post sounded rude & offensive to others, I might speak up. If a post was out right wrong in principle, I would speak up. My view is that this forum is a great place with great people. The odd person sometimes does something stupid (that might include me some day).

By the way, I get PMs from people supporting my views. I have also got to know a few people through this forum who have other interests apart from fine guns & hunting.

On the subject of race, I hope people take a moment to think of the consequences if intolerant views in this site get into the public domain & attract unfavourable publicity! What is the agenda of this forum? Is it to propagate intolerant & prejudiced values? I know that I am not alone in my views.

Merry Christmas.

--------------------

hoppdoc
.400 member

#92553 - 24/12/07 02:38 PM

Nakihunter--

You seem sensized by any remark regarding race--indeed that appears to be a PREOCCUPATION!!

If you have a principle to draw a line in the sand and defend to the death then please do so.

I believe my observations to be correct on the topics reviewed. They are not PC but that is other peoples problems. I don't sugar coat problems or rationalize others actions. They are what they are. Statistics don't lie if interpreted correctly.

If you have substantial info to the contrary please speak out--

I practice Medicine and the reality is I act in a multicultural world with multinational MD's and multitudes of non white patients. I don't feel prejudice toward any black or white man or anyone from any race who is a moral person.It is nonsensical to act otherwise. Let anyone act and suggest otherwise then I am wary indeed.

One should ID problems in depth objectively and arrive at solutions that any reasonable person would agree with. Don't you agree??

So again how does hunting have squat to to with impairing the "swarming Black humanity" of Africa? Hunting is preserving a natural resourse from the self destructive behavior of their own societies.Pure money will not solve it,I guarantee you.The solution must come from the people themselves and their own governments intelligent solutions.

On a different note, totally apart from this debate- Merry Christmas to you!!

--------------------

Edited by hoppdoc (24/12/07 02:49 PM)

DoubleD
.400 member

#92554 - 24/12/07 03:12 PM

Let me just correct you on one thing, Bramble. Not as a criticism, but as a clarification. In " The Leopard hunts in Darkness" the theme of the story presented by by Smith is not the destruction of the farm and taking over of it the by the "veterans". The Story's main theme is the subjegation and annilation of the Metabele people by the Shona Majority.

A very carefully concealed fact of which little is heard in the media.

--------------------
DD, Ret.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #92555 - 24/12/07 04:28 PM

Quote:

For on the other hand I don't believe in majority rule in the UK. Most of the population are morons and they are doing their best to destroy this country. Because the majority of this country are white that is not a racist statement.

Hilariously true.

Issues of land use and management are very complicated in all nations but in Africa very much so, as the masses are often landless and attempts at land redistribution fail due to a whole host of reasons involving total lack of land management skills, education, etc of those who receive land grants. Land management always comes under attack by those who don't own or control it. Sorry Bramble for bringing in the Bible, but the Scripture warns against making a poor man a king.

There are those who condemn {some in public forum of the local newspaper} my management of my own land here in Idaho, specifically when I had to shoot some elk to protect some fields. Everybody always thinks they know better and are entitled to the harvest, whether they contributed to the sowing or not. Henny Penny.

I spent ten years of my life studying the history and politics of southern Africa and lived in RSA in 1988 and 1989. Having travelled in Central and East Africa prior to, I did and still do make the statement that were I to have been a "black" and had to pick a country in which to live in Africa in 1989, I would have picked "Apartheid South Africa".

Because South Africa was a model of peace, prosperity and justice?

Not on your life.

Because it was the least bad of all the options I had visited or read about! South Africa under "Van" was a totally unjust system that in its injustice provided more opportunity and justice for the average black man than any black African country I am aware of.

Frankly, I always felt that had the National Party had about 20 more years power in South Africa, the transition to majority rule would have been far smoother than it turned out. Not perfect, but much better. Everybody pretty much saw the handwriting on the wall. Change had to come. It had to be.

Hunting is only one small issue in a world of issues.

One thing I can tell you. I was consistently disgusted with the rank and file of American tourists and hunters I met over there. Five minutes in the country and they were "Experts" on both the Afs and the Afrikaners, and almost always they popped off, sometimes quite loudly, about more or less what a bunch of niggers were running around aimlessly, all the time smirking about the knuckledragging Afrikaners who kept the niggers down, i.e., taking the very common Anglo highminded attitude that clung to the benefits of apartheid while condemning the folks who made it so. I got so as soon as I heard an American accent I left the room.

FW deClerk once made a statement that someday the National Party would rise again and this time it would be with the support of the black population. Who knows, maybe something of the sort will occur. RSA is a mess. As for the swarming black masses, with 35-40% HIV infection nationally and little hope of a medical solution and ultimately unless sexual practices radically change and fast, in a generation or two there just may be lots of new land available on which to expand and reestablish game populations!

To bring up God again, one of the Scriptural curses of disobedience to his moral law is that the land will be overcome with wild animals. Kinda makes me reflect...

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Nakihunter
.375 member

#92557 - 24/12/07 05:01 PM

Great stuff guys. I agree with the last couple of posts & most of Docs.

The great thing about this site is that most people here have a very high levels of understanding in some subject or the other - doctors, lawyers, gun smiths, farmers, professors and many more.

The management of land by a society that traditionally did not have individual ownership of land is not easy! Australia and New Zealand have similar issues with their indegenous people. India has fragmented land ownership - maximum allowed is about 50 acres of dry land and about 20 acres of wet land such as rice paddy, per person! Companies & plantation laws are a bit different. I worked in a large British Tea plantation company in NE India in the 80s, where the governement had acquired all the fallow land / swamps not suitable for the plantation & re-distributed it to the workers with ownership title!!! This was probably done in the 60's - 20 years after independence - when they had to break down the old feudal system of land ownership by the local village chiefs.

Moving from a pre-industrial tribal society to a successful post-industrial society will take a few generations.

Merry Christmas

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #92558 - 24/12/07 05:29 PM

DoubleD

Thanks for the interesting quotation from a fictional book which highlights the natural vs human conflict in land use in Africa today.

Also the mental conflict of urban out of touch Westerners in understanding the natural world.

It is interesting to note the two statements above actually show the callousness of the average "greenie". Many times I have read the average "greenie" or perservationist allows for no empathy for the local populations in wildlife rich regions, for example in Africa. I have heard and read many times these same ignorant "greenies" even call for the human populations to be reduced eg war, death, diseases - to allow of "more animals".

But on their other hand they "care" for the cute, beautiful, cuddly animals.

Then for many of us that actually have visited Africa, and perhaps hunted there and spoken to locals, the issues are not so simple. Several times I have heard the locals' complete callousness to animals as well. Often these people get their livelihood from the Parks and Game populations, yet I remember one cook saying the animals in the Maasai Mara should be exterminated and the land used for farming.

Regarding the coming of European man to Africa which seems such a "hair trigger" for some at the moment, the very coming of European settlers created these conflicts. The reduction in tribal wars, decreases in ever present famines, stock destruction, diesease epidemics, introduction of alternative crops, removal of genocidal and "evil" traditions and cultures, allowed massive population increases. People expanded into previously unsettled areas, deforested large areas of once pristine country, pushed wildlife populations into smaller and smaller areas, often less suitable for the plagues of goats, sheep and cattle, or marginal for farming. Today in Africa, India, Brazil, the areas of wilderness and Parks are ever more so looked at with envious eyes and encroached upon wherever possible.

While it may be callous for the out of touch Westerner "greenie" to ignore the plight of poor people in these countries, the populations wanting to further and further encroach on areas of wildnerness and Parks must also take responsibility for their own actions, their uncontrolled breeding (I met a "Chief" in the Zambezi valley with 65 children), their destructive habits on the natural environment, and take responsibility SOON!

Tourism whether game viewing and sight seeing or hunting tourism is a valuable export earner for many countries only exceeded by mining royalties for forex earnings. If the people don't learn to look after their own futures why should we?

Aid from the West should never be for free. I wonder if aid was able to be cut-off 100% how long it would take for many of these countries to return to similar to what they were only one hundred years ago?

It is by no means a simple topic or issue.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#92559 - 24/12/07 05:34 PM

Quote:

Bramble

This is a public forum & people express their views & I do the same. I just made some obsevations & asked questions that will make people think for themselves. If that makes you uncomfortable, them you need to find a resolution.

Regarding the recent "humour" issue that you talk about - please retrace the thread & you will see that my first response was a moderate one & I was the third person to make a dissenting comment after 2 other members. I put my foot down only after the subject got more blatent & some people started justifying a ridiculous position. My CV can be deduced from various posts I have made. Whether you find it credible or not matters not to me. It is not relevent who says it, the principle is the issue and that does not change.

There are many people on this forum & others who have strong views & voice them. If a post indicated unsafe reloading recommendations, I would speak up. If a post sounded rude & offensive to others, I might speak up. If a post was out right wrong in principle, I would speak up. My view is that this forum is a great place with great people. The odd person sometimes does something stupid (that might include me some day).

By the way, I get PMs from people supporting my views. I have also got to know a few people through this forum who have other interests apart from fine guns & hunting.

On the subject of race, I hope people take a moment to think of the consequences if intolerant views in this site get into the public domain & attract unfavourable publicity! What is the agenda of this forum? Is it to propagate intolerant & prejudiced values? I know that I am not alone in my views.

Merry Christmas.

PM sent to Nakihunter.

This is not a website designed for people to agitate and attempt to cause racial strife or to "put their foot down" and attempt to force other people to their personal views.

It is a HUNTING and SHOOTING website.

Plenty of other websites for people seeking those sorts of arguments.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (24/12/07 06:45 PM)

Nakihunter
.375 member

Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: NitroX]
      #92561 - 24/12/07 06:21 PM

John

I am sorry I have been seen as causing tension or division. That is not my intention or objective. What I have said at every thread is about tolerance.

However, I have decided not to participate in any such controvercial threads in future as my intentions are misunderstood. I presume that you have noted the reference to the old thread (done & dusted) was raised by someone else.

I have already had the pleasure of making friends on this site & will stick to hunting & fine gun subjects.

I totally support the primary objective of this site.

Merry Christmas

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#92562 - 24/12/07 06:52 PM

NakiHunter,

Thanks. Lets get back to hunting and shooting topics which is what members like to discuss on NE.

I think DoubleD's quotation post raised all sorts of interesting topics, conservation vs human interests, attitudes in the West, attitudes of local populations to the human/wildlife conflict, conservationalism vs preservationalism.

Bramble
.375 member

#92597 - 25/12/07 08:20 AM

DD
you are quite correct it is not the main theme of the book, rather a sub plot when Mellows returns to the place he will name "Zambezi waters". I re-read the post and I do seem to imply the former, I apologise.

I had not meant to imply that it was a main theme of this book, rather that it is a subject that Smith returns to in many of his books, including "A time to die", " The burning shore". Indeed in "A Falcon flies" Smith is critical of the slaughter of hundreds of animals just for their hide when he has Balyentyn's wife tell him that he has ruined the place for her by indulging in such wanton slaughter.

What happened after the elections in the newley independent Zimbabwe is indeed a little discussed topic. The consequences of which are still being played out today.

If we are returning to discuss Smith in this thread as it started, it appears that Smith's solution to the problems in Southern Africa was to create a "Black" middle class, to share out the pie so to speak. In this view his was not a dissimilar to that which some are trying to take in socially engineering a solution to some of the problems in the US or Britain.

May I take this opportunity to wish everybody on this forum of whatever race colour or creed a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Regards

zimhunter
.333 member

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Southern Arizona
      #92670 - 26/12/07 12:44 PM

My late wife was a stock broker and her District manager was a gentleman from Northern Rhodesia now called Zambia. His father and Wilber Smiths father formed the first flying club in what is now Gweru, Zimbabwe. His father and Smiths father then moved to Northern Zambia to work in the mining industry there. My friend studied in Capetown and got a scholorship to an American University and stayed in the U.S. He is now living back in Africa in the Capetown area. We have had long conversations about the time of His and Wilber Smiths childhood and upbringing as he knew I liked Smiths books and asked him many times about their accuracy. Wilber Smith certainly has more first hand knowledge of the times and conditions both past and present than I do and I read his books for the pleasure they bring in his very descriptive and knowledgable views on Africa and don't choose to take them for anything more. As I look at the bookcase as I write this I see 3 volumnes,A Time To Die,Hungry As the Sea, and The Angels Weep that I have moved to the front to re-read. This post reminds me to do just that. I shall as always read them with pleasure ,for pleasure.

ALAN_MCKENZIE
.400 member

Reged: 24/03/04
Loc: Western Australia
Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: zimhunter]
      #92693 - 26/12/07 11:06 PM

Nakihunter,why do you live in New Zealand instead of your country of birth???????????????

--------------------
"Dogs always bark at their master"
Sir Seretse Khama.25th June 1949

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#92702 - 27/12/07 02:47 AM

Quote:

If we are returning to discuss Smith in this thread as it started, it appears that Smith's solution to the problems in Southern Africa was to create a "Black" middle class, to share out the pie so to speak. In this view his was not a dissimilar to that which some are trying to take in socially engineering a solution to some of the problems in the US or Britain.

I think DD's Wilbur Smith quotation is more about wildlife and its needing an economic value to survive.

The fees from safari hunting or other utilisation such as game farming, sales of animal products from managed utilisation and also such activities as tourist game viewing are ways wildlife achieves an economic value in Africa, and competes in the economic human market for reserving areas of habitat for wildlife vs other land uses such as agriculture.

As such it provides value to the local population through hunting fees or a percentage of them paid from trophy fees, daily fees etc, employment opportunities for locals, to the relevent countries from forex earnings, to the wider world population through satisfaction that unique wildlife still exists in the wild in good numbers away from human urban 'jungles'. A connection to our genetic past for us to enjoy.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Nakihunter
.375 member

Re: Wilbur Smith, so eloquent [Re: NitroX]
      #92733 - 27/12/07 10:46 AM

Alan Mckenzie

How is your question relevant to hunting or double rifles?

You are welcome to PM me if you want personal information about myself and wish to get to know me.

--------------------

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
      #92749 - 27/12/07 07:07 PM

Personally, After traveling through a large part of modern Africa, I feel Mr Smith's writing's here are spot on.
If there is any chance of saving the great African wildlife, this is the only way forward.
Zimbabwe and Tanzania's Nat Park Safari Areas are far better options than the small game reserves of Malawi, India and the likes.
They must remain uninhabited areas.

Edited by ozhunter (27/12/07 07:12 PM)

ALAN_MCKENZIE
.400 member

Reged: 24/03/04
Loc: Western Australia
      #92752 - 27/12/07 11:03 PM

I might ask you the same question.
You seem to have a lot to say about everything!

--------------------
"Dogs always bark at their master"
Sir Seretse Khama.25th June 1949

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6697

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com