Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Not a very smart pheasant

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Shackleton
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/07
Loc: Iowa
Not a very smart pheasant
      #92011 - 19/12/07 12:28 PM

Went out hunting today, got 2 more squirrels(forgot the camera though) and about the DUMBEST pheasant I have ever shot-I was walking through knee high weeds and he actually waited for me to step on him before he flew. Looks like he doesn't get to pass on his genes next year.

--------------------
"I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."--Stephen King

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Not a very smart pheasant [Re: Shackleton]
      #92014 - 19/12/07 12:34 PM

You could'a used Pale Rider's piece of hickory and saved yourself the shotshell!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

NE450No2
.375 member

Reged: 10/01/03
Re: Not a very smart pheasant [Re: 9.3x57]
      #92021 - 19/12/07 01:49 PM

Sure wish we had pheasants, or even better grouse, on my deer lease here in Texas.

Shackleton
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/07
Loc: Iowa
Re: Not a very smart pheasant [Re: NE450No2]
      #92030 - 19/12/07 02:29 PM

Lately they make for an interesting hunt-there's a lot of birds out, even this late in the season. The problem is that we really have had to work for them the last few years. Even this one came after about 2 hours of walking. I know a lot of waterfowlers in the area who have given up pheasant hunting because "it's too much work"-no problem here, just leaves more for the rest of us to hunt. For all the work, though, this one's promised to an elderly co-worker of mine. Nobody in her family hunts and she said how much she misses eating pheasant. As far as grouse, that's one that here in Iowa we're very limited on-last I checked we were only allowed to hunt them in 1/4 of the state(and not the area I hunt of course).

--------------------
"I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."--Stephen King

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1420

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com