Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Blaser R93 or what

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Greener
.224 member

Reged: 01/04/07
Loc: Europe
Blaser R93 or what
      #87522 - 21/10/07 09:36 PM

Good day for every one,
I need some help and actually believe you can do this for me! I need a rifle for hunting all from rabbit to moose. I can buy a couple rifles but it’s expensive! That’s why I am interesting in Blaser R93. But there is a big problem – I am afraid of R93 breech block. Can you explain me how does this rifle works (mostly about locking system) and what do you think about this rifle safety – is it safe the same as mauser type rifle is?

Edited by Greener (21/10/07 09:39 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Re: Blaser R93 or what [Re: Greener]
      #87536 - 22/10/07 02:00 AM

Greener,
The R93 breeching system is considered one of the strongest on the market. The breech is locked up independently of the frame, unlike a typical break-open gun. I think you will be pleased with it.
Take care, Tom

Greener
.224 member

Re: Blaser R93 or what [Re: Tatume]
      #87551 - 22/10/07 06:03 AM

Thank you Tom,
But break-opener is safe because it has a standing breech that secure me eyes if something will go wrong unlike R93 breech block can break my eye if it will open when firing. I shall feel more self-confidence knowing how it secures my eye. If you know some link or what where is information about R93 lock I shall be very grateful to you.

Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
      #87558 - 22/10/07 07:37 AM

The remarkable and advanced Blaser Radial Locking System gives many distinct advantages .Firstly, as the bolt is directly locked into the barrel and is not locked into the receiver; it is easy to get a full-length barrel in a rifle that is 4 inch shorter in overall length. Secondly, as the bolt locks directly into the barrel, the frame receives minimum stress; this makes the Blaser lighter and portable. Thirdly, for greater system strength and durability in the Blaser Radial Locking System, stress is distributed through out a full 360° of contact. Next is as the bolt head is locked directly into the barrel, the head space is very accurately controlled. Finally, as the bolt head is free-floating, it self-trues into a concentric position within the bore, and thus it relieves stress and assures a higher degree of accuracy.

http://www.riflesnguns.com/sniper/blaser/r93 (The quote is from this site.)

Several articles are available here.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/blaser_R93_rifles.htm

I goofed and was thinking of the R95 when I wrote before. However, both have innovative breeching systems that are considered very safe. Also, there is nothing wrong with break-open and falling-block actions, of which I own and enjoy many.

I understand your concern about straight-pull actions, but I can find nothing in print that indicates the R93 is anything but safe and well-engineered.

Greener
.224 member

Re: Blaser R93 or what [Re: Tatume]
      #87598 - 22/10/07 04:57 PM

Hi Tom,
I am glad to hear from you again!
Thank you for links but…. You sad “Radial Locking System, stress is distributed through out a full 360° of contact” you know I did not know it. I am trying to say to be sure I need to know. I understand there is not much information about R93 (I can not understand why) but I really need to know how blaser Radial Locking System works. I need an article where are good text and and not worse photos and layout drawings of this beech block locking system!
I even wrote to Blaser but I has not received an answer yet - don't you find it's like a strange situation?

NE450No2
.375 member

Reged: 10/01/03
      #91257 - 11/12/07 04:41 PM

Greener

I have been using a Blaser R 93 for quite a while, in calibers from 223 to 375 H&H. I have shot a 416 a little bit as well.

The Blaser locking system does not worry me at all. It is the only bolt rifle I hunt with.

My wife uses one as well.

Go to www.blaserpro.com

smicha6551
.275 member

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: NYC & Kuwait
Re: Blaser R93 or what [Re: NE450No2]
      #91258 - 11/12/07 04:51 PM

How the bolt works is easy to understand when you see a cutaway of the head and barrel, but I don't know how to put it into words. I own two - everyone who handles them falls in love with the action and especially the trigger.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2878

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com