Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Fladude
.224 member

Reged: 21/11/07
Loc: florida
LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company
      #89397 - 21/11/07 05:09 AM

I was curious if anyone here had feedback on B. Searcy and Company. I am particularly interested in their .500 nitro models. I was a bit concerned about their receivers, and how well they hold up to sustained use. If anyone owns one of these and wants to offer some feedback, I would appreciate it.

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I tried using the Search feature but did not really come up with anything.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bwana600nitro
.224 member

Reged: 13/02/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
Re: LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company [Re: Fladude]
      #89405 - 21/11/07 06:46 AM

I had a 577 in a Searcy. It was a very accurate rifle, but the handling was not the same as my douglass 470. I also did not need 577 so I sold it. The gent that bought it from me loves it. It was a very well regulated double. It would put 6 rounds in the size of softball at 50 yards if I did my part.

Ed

--------------------
"The big ones look big" Jack O'Conner

wombat
.300 member

Reged: 06/03/04
Loc: Australia
Re: LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company [Re: bwana600nitro]
      #89621 - 24/11/07 07:43 AM

I have a 500 Searcy PH model and am very pleased with it,have used it with good results on buf and elephant.

GG375
.333 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Loc: Brisbane
Re: LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company [Re: wombat]
      #89740 - 25/11/07 10:01 PM

I have a Deluxe model .470 and love it.

Cheers.

GG.

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company [Re: Fladude]
      #90073 - 29/11/07 03:15 PM

Quote:

I was curious if anyone here had feedback on B. Searcy and Company. I am particularly interested in their .500 nitro models. I was a bit concerned about their receivers, and how well they hold up to sustained use. If anyone owns one of these and wants to offer some feedback, I would appreciate it.

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I tried using the Search feature but did not really come up with anything.

My first question is, why would you have any misgiveings about the strength of the Searcy double rifles? There are many examples of his rifles around that have thousands of rounds through them without a problem.

As far as handleing goes, the rifles of today are far, and away finer than the old one from years ago, and there was nothing wrong with the strength in the early ones either! The actions are milled from a solid billet of steel, and the barrel blanks are PACNOR and are top quality. The fitting of barrel sets to standing breach, and water table are as good as it gets today. The Classic is very close to the britt styling, and wood on all his rifles is top of the line, even in the field grade rifles. The rifles are as well regulated as anything new or old, and you will not find a more accurate double rifle anywhwere! The field grade rifles are just as good, but not as well finished cosmeticlly, but nothing was spared in the fitting of mateing surfaces where pressures are concerned! Give them a real look, you will not be disapointed!

The classic

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Bill_Cooley
.300 member

Reged: 14/12/06
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Re: LF feedback on B. Searcy and Company [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #90432 - 03/12/07 01:36 PM

I definatley agree with Mac. You can spend a lot more money but won't get a better shooter.
Bill

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2238

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com