Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Merkel 140 ordered

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
DGR375
.300 member

Reged: 04/10/07
Loc: Gold Coast, QLD
Merkel 140 ordered
      #88432 - 07/11/07 07:47 PM

The deed has been done! After two years of research and questions, a deposit has been placed on a new Merkel 140 double rifle in 9.3 x 74R. Delivery time is 12 - 18 months. Options asked for are: red recoil pad, express sights, and ejectors. I know ejectors are frowned upon by many, but I thought better to have them, and if I need to change , it is easier to change to non-ejectors than do the opposite. Engraving is the basic level only. Engraving can be nice, but it is expensive.

The rifle has been ordered through Pine River Gunsmiths, a half hour drive out of Brisbane. Thanks, Dale, for your help. Thanks, Watto, you helped me make up my mind to go ahead.

All I need do now is wait!

PS Granite Arms import Merkels, and were really helpful. They sent up a 140A in .470 NE (very rare to have a spare rifle available) for me to examine. It was great, fully engraved, but without a recoil pad(ouch!). I was tempted, but commonsense won out - a 9.3 is more usable for my needs.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
93mouse
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/07
Loc: Slovenia
Re: Merkel 140 ordered [Re: DGR375]
      #88439 - 07/11/07 09:42 PM

Allright - you won't be sorry - long wait tho but worth it - congratulations and a teaser

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Merkel 140 ordered [Re: DGR375]
      #88490 - 08/11/07 12:45 PM

Quote:

The deed has been done! After two years of research and questions, a deposit has been placed on a new Merkel 140 double rifle in 9.3 x 74R. Delivery time is 12 - 18 months. Options asked for are: red recoil pad, express sights, and ejectors. I know ejectors are frowned upon by many, but I thought better to have them, and if I need to change , it is easier to change to non-ejectors than do the opposite. Engraving is the basic level only. Engraving can be nice, but it is expensive.

The rifle has been ordered through Pine River Gunsmiths, a half hour drive out of Brisbane. Thanks, Dale, for your help. Thanks, Watto, you helped me make up my mind to go ahead.

All I need do now is wait!

PS Granite Arms import Merkels, and were really helpful. They sent up a 140A in .470 NE (very rare to have a spare rifle available) for me to examine. It was great, fully engraved, but without a recoil pad(ouch!). I was tempted, but commonsense won out - a 9.3 is more usable for my needs.

You will love the 140E! I have one also in 9.3X74R, and it has become my favorite double rifle, and I use it at least 3 times more than any double I own!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
Re: Merkel 140 ordered [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #88599 - 10/11/07 01:31 AM

Congratulations!

A 9.3 is probably the most versatile double you can own. Here's mine:

Curl's Clamshell 9.3x74R

Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1430

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com