Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: I received great news about my H&H today!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
holland465
.275 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: California
I received great news about my H&H today!
      #8859 - 12/02/04 02:37 PM

I had tried everything to get my 465 to shoot. I loaded every concievable load, I tried every type of primer including Berdan and could not get this beast to shoot like it should! I finally figured that the rifle needed to be re-regulated and sent the rifle to a English smith on the East coast. I sent him 50 rounds of ammo, the test targets and print-outs from the chronograph.

I called him today to be sure that the gun arrived safe and sound. He said that it did and he was working on it as we spoke. I asked if he noticed anything glaring and he replied, " Yes, the muzzles need to be recrowned". He went on to explain that he crowned both muzzles and was in the process of filing the barrels down a few thousands of an inch to get to the perfect riflings.

I almost fell over due to the fact that had gone over every inch of the rifle looking for any problem that could have caused the problem! I never paid any attention to the muzzle crowns! What a dope! After all the years of fooling with these thing you would figure that would I would have looked there first! The good thing is that I saved a pile of money and the rifle will be returned to me at the end of this week! I thought I would share this with all of the double guys in hopes that you won't make the same mistake as I did!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: I received great news about my H&H today! [Re: holland465]
      #8865 - 12/02/04 03:25 PM

It's always nice to hear good news about a 'smith for English Doubles. What is his name and number. Give him some props.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

holland465
.275 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: California
Re: I received great news about my H&H today! [Re: mickey]
      #8866 - 12/02/04 03:34 PM

His contact info

Nick Makinson
RR 3
Komoka, Ontario

Canada NOL 1RO

519-471-5462

This man knows his stuff and is a pleasure to deal with.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2225

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com