Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: new......boy on the block with a big stopper

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
new......boy on the block with a big stopper
      #87857 - 27/10/07 01:18 AM

ZOLI is a name usually reserved for scatter gunners and clay bird competitions .NOW they are building an over and under 450 400 3" it will be regulated with the hornaday load which is already out.Price range is 10-12 grand for standard rifle,it will include removable scope mount and case that is a pretty sweet deal.We all know the stopping power of the 450 400 ,and it does not generate the recoil the other big boys put out so i am told.This is a scoop not even out of the offical web site.Get in front of the line that will form for this new stopper.The first ones will have german tubes then the rest will have hammer forged barrels from thier Italian factory.They are not new to the double rifle market this is thier biggest though.If you have questions go to the Zoli web site if you are from North America go to that section contact Steve Lamboy,Then they have the smaller ones 9's and below and these you can get extra barrel sets or shotgun sets and even drilling sets all from the same basic frame thats a great plus,what other gun would you need.IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW DOUBLE CHECK THESE GUYS OUT.........

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: bwananelson]
      #87859 - 27/10/07 01:56 AM

zoli is a decent make, i have handled some of there 9.3 in o/u seems pretty nice but im a SxS guy myself so not for me but they make some nice guns.

peter

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: peter]
      #87864 - 27/10/07 06:17 AM

I think they should have gone SxS.

Even die hard O/U Shotgun shooters I know of
seem to prefer SxS DR's.

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: 500Nitro]
      #87868 - 27/10/07 07:54 AM

i have a problem with new italien guns, there qualiety control seems to be lacking a lot.

peter

Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: peter]
      #87873 - 27/10/07 09:21 AM

The name 'Zoli' has appeared on both O/U and SxS double rifles for several decades at least IIRC.

Of course, there was more than one maker with the sir-name Zoli in the gun-making business. The names Anatoli, Antonio, Andero, and Angelo spring to mind. Seems to be a fascination with names beginning with 'A', so it would seem that a particular A.Zoli gun may have been made by any one of a number of A.Zoli makers!

Here's a pic of a 9.3x74 SxS DR marketed during the eighties at least, called the 'Savana', and carrying Antonio Zoli's name on the barrels:

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

bwananelson
.400 member

Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: Marrakai]
      #87878 - 27/10/07 10:56 AM

antonio zoli,with the hornaday 400 gr bullet and an option to use scope or not.ammo ai 1/3 the price of the 470, i could not resist SCI will auction off #1 and i get #2,i have not even fired the 470 yet but will soon ,the zoli will be here in april....when i leave this rock i want to pass one down to each boy.hornaday already sent me a box of shells a month ago. this winter will be fun in florida i still need to bang the cz 458 lott,i gotta stop buying guns....need to go through the safe and liquidate some,oh the zoli i have a swarovski 1.5 fixed power that i have never used will be perfect on the ou....

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #87879 - 27/10/07 11:01 AM

bwananelson,

Please post the Zoli website address.

I think an U/O .450/.400 will not go amiss if at a reasonable price. No doubt it will kill everything just as well as a S by S does.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: NitroX]
      #87880 - 27/10/07 11:04 AM

They will be competing with Heym as well which
have produced a SxS 400.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: 500Nitro]
      #87882 - 27/10/07 11:11 AM

500nitro

Yes and no.

A person looking to buy a Heym side by side probably would not be considering a Zoli U/O.

However in the medium to long term if there are a few rifles in .450/.400's around it will become a more popular choice and might come close to rivaling the .470.

What the .500/.416 was supposed to but never has.

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
      #88306 - 06/11/07 09:03 AM

Quote:

ZOLI is a name usually reserved for scatter gunners and clay bird competitions . NOW they are building an over and under 450 400 3" it will be regulated with the hornaday load which is already out.Price range is 10-12 grand for standard rifle,it will include removable scope mount and case that is a pretty sweet deal.We all know the stopping power of the 450 400 ,and it does not generate the recoil the other big boys put out so i am told.This is a scoop not even out of the offical web site.Get in front of the line that will form for this new stopper.The first ones will have german tubes then the rest will have hammer forged barrels from thier Italian factory.They are not new to the double rifle market this is thier biggest though.If you have questions go to the Zoli web site if you are from North America go to that section contact Steve Lamboy,Then they have the smaller ones 9's and below and these you can get extra barrel sets or shotgun sets and even drilling sets all from the same basic frame thats a great plus,what other gun would you need.IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW DOUBLE CHECK THESE GUYS OUT.........

The 450400 3" is available in a S/S double! They donated one to SCI for a fund raiser pictured in the Sept/Oct issue of SAFARI magazine, on page 123!

" In the classic Side-by-side configuration, this ZOLI boxlock will inspire pride amoung friends, and confidence in the field. With 23-inch barrels, the 8.2 lb is well suited to the caliber. Also included are scope rings,a hard case for travel, and a cleaning kit."

www.zoli.it

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #88316 - 06/11/07 12:33 PM

Mac,

Would it be possible to access a picture of the rifle online?

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

bwananelson
.400 member

Re: new......boy on the block with a big stopper [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #88320 - 06/11/07 12:58 PM

the picture is a mistake it will be an ou highly ingraved,like i said this was a scoop it is not even on thier website,the one sci will have will have high grade stock and all the bells and such,mine will be standard grade warther barrels case ,scope mount,the first dozen or so will have german barrels,will see if i can get one the #1 is not done yet there was a problem with the proofing house and it seems the british wanted to not let hornaday in on that corner of the market.that hurdle was cleared now they are finishing up for the auction,mine should be ready in april,#2 .....wit a 1.5 swarovski scope fixed power what does it matter ou or ss i will never be able to tell through the scope would you...............no they dont make that scope anymore that is what makes this a sweet combo.....

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2631

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com