Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Blaser and Kreighoff Double Rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Blaser and Kreighoff Double Rifle
      #8535 - 09/02/04 07:37 AM

Hi,

Just got back from the "Great Eastern Outdoors Show." I go tto check out both the Blaser and Kreifhoff double rifles.

THe Blaser was in 30-06, and I have to say it was one ugle double... I mean what's the point to a double rifle that's ugly??? Well I guess the adjustable regulation makes up for it in some respests, but... Also that action with the "hood" over the chambers and the moving part inside the action just didn't seem to be condusive of rapid reloading... Heavy SOB for a 30-06, looked as big as a 375 or 470!! Again, I'm not sure why you need such a heavy double in a medium to light calibre. Most "conventional" double rifles in 7mm -8mm are such a joy to shoot, I'm not sure why you want to carry all that weight...

The Kreighoff was much better. It was in 470 and balanced better than the Blaser, but not as nice as the Chapuis and Heym 470s I've handled (this is supbjective so it coul djust be me). The safty/cocking device is interesting, but I'm not sure I was sold on it. Again I guess its all what you are used to, and I think one could get used to it and have it be just as natural as a conventional tang safety.

Also got ot check out Pedersoli's muzzelloading Kodiak in both 72 and 58 calibre. I've also thought about picking one up but never have seen one in person. Not a bad looking rifle for the price (600-800). Wood to metal finish left something to be desired, but again for under $1000 I cann't be picky. Looked at some new Uggie shotguns too.

Had a great time, never been to that show before, had some fun badgering PH's about rifles and bullets for buffalo though

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1343

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com