Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: FS: Manton & Co. BSA Lee Speed in 375 x 2.5" Flanged

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
BSAJoe
.224 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: Texas
FS: Manton & Co. BSA Lee Speed in 375 x 2.5" Flanged
      #84787 - 28/08/07 04:17 PM

Greetings,

I have for sale a museum-quality Manton & Co. BSA Lee Speed No. 1 Pattern Express Rifle in the very rare 375 x 2.5" Flanged, the largest caliber BSA ever chambered their Lee Speeds! Highly figured presentation grade buttstock and forearm. Solid engine turned ribbed barrel with its 1 fixed and 2 folding express sights. Buffalo horn grip cap & forearm tip complement the highly figured stock and are in excellent condition. The barreled action bluing is exceptional for a rifle of this age with the exception of the buttplate and dustcover which sport some blue wear. The rifle has a 24” sold ribbed barrel with minimal muzzle blue wear and sharp rifling. The action, bolt and triggerguard all sport matching numbers, namely 14587. The buttstock has a few minor superficial scratches and small dents. “BSA Co” is stamped on the action strap on the right side. “375 EX” and “CORDITE 40- 270 MAX” is stamped on the right side of the barrel just forward of the barrel step. “MANTON & CO. GUN MAKERS LONDON & CALCUTTA” is prominently and sharply engraved on top of the barrel rib. The barrel rib has a nice swirly engraving from the receiver to the top of the front sight ramp. The receiver strap and floorplate have a tasteful light engraving around the border. To complement this pride of any collection, I have 66 pieces of once-fired Bertram brass cases and RCBS reloading dies for the 375 x 2.50 Flanged. Factory ammo is available for those who choose not to reload. This rifle does not appear to have been refinished or reblued as the letterings are sharp and not washed out as buffing will do.

I am asking $1999 + $25 shipping for CONUS in hard rifle case.

I have additional pics for interested parties.

Joe
in Houston
miatajoe@yahoo.com

Edited by BSAJoe (07/09/07 12:47 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RLI
.375 member

Reged: 01/10/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: FS: Manton & Co. BSA Lee Speed in 375 x 2.5" Flanged [Re: BSAJoe]
      #110400 - 25/07/08 06:36 PM

sold?

--------------------
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." — John Wayne

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3359

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com