Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Importing A Double Rifle Fron Europe

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
DBBill
.300 member

Reged: 25/05/03
Loc: Southern California, USA
Importing A Double Rifle Fron Europe
      #8368 - 07/02/04 04:47 AM

I have the opportunity to buy a double rifle from Europe (Germany) and have been told there is a lot of paperwork involved to import one --- anyone done this lately? Or know someone who has? Or can point me in the right direction? The opportunity is too good to pass up if it can be done.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Importing A Double Rifle Fron Europe [Re: DBBill]
      #8373 - 07/02/04 06:28 AM

You need to find an FFl Dealer that is willing to import hte rifle. He must fill out a form from the ATF that includes all pertinent information such as model, type etc. He will send it in and if it is okay you will get back a permit to import in abot 6-8 weeks. It must be perfect as it will get kicked back if it is not. Than you get any export permits, if needed and have the rifle sent to the dealer.

It is a pain but not that difficult. We wouldn't want any terrorists shooting up people with Double Rifles now would we?

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
      #8377 - 07/02/04 07:13 AM

Micky is right on the money. The only thing I would add is that the pain part comes when the gun gets here and gets stuck in customs. Then your FFL guy needs to go to customs prove he has the import permit, pay the fee, and then the gun gets released. Some of FFLs are chargin about $300-400 for this process now a days. I did a few years ago, and you do save money on the big items.

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Re: Importing A Double Rifle Fron Europe [Re: Chasseur]
      #8398 - 07/02/04 12:13 PM

The Dealer who is doing the Import should send a copy of the approved ATF form 6 to the vender shipping the gun from foreign to the U.S. The vendor should put te copy of the form 6 with the shipping papers and invoices and make easy for brokers and Customs Inspectors to find.

It has nothing to do with fighting terrorism, it has everything to do with gun control and the rule has been around for years...

--------------------
DD, Ret.

DBBill
.300 member

Reged: 25/05/03
Loc: Southern California, USA
Re: Importing A Double Rifle Fron Europe [Re: mickey]
      #8402 - 07/02/04 12:49 PM

I have been able to run a few things down but the most important is that what most everyone is saying is correct for shotguns but evidently there are "new" rules for rifles. Unfortunatley I haven't been able to get to the right person yet to see what is required.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
      #8409 - 07/02/04 02:42 PM

Bill

I just recieved two riles from Australia. That is all that is requred. Aside from the person who approves the application for ATF going on vacation over Christmas and locking her stuff in a drawer for 3 weeks it was not bad.

You will have to pay duty on the declared value of the firearm at the time of taking possession (FFL dealer taking possession) from Customs.

Somebody said make sure a copy is included and that is a good idea always. Along with a contact phone number if there are problems.

This has always been the law but in days of yore the ATF was very casual about it and Rifles could be sent to you and clear Customs with no paper work required or asked for.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2050

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com