Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Help with BRNO ZKK trigger assembly needed...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
enfieldspares
.224 member

Reged: 12/07/07
Loc: Great Britain
Help with BRNO ZKK trigger assembly needed...
      #83111 - 26/07/07 11:52 PM

I have a ZKK 601 in .243" and a ZKK 600 in .270". My question is this. Despite what was posted in an earlier thread if I wish to replace the set trigger with the "standard" trigger that was also supplied surely I don't need the two "U" shaped springs held in place by the two pins to the rear of, and which bear on, the set trigger?

Aren't these just for use if the set trigger is fitted? In other words with the "standard" trigger shouldn't these be also removed? So the only thing now pinned on the trigger plate assembly is the "standard" trigger alone. As on, say, a Lee Enfield?

Also in taking the rifle apart I dropped a split "spring" washer. Is this from the screw at the front or the rear of the trigger plate?

Many thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TilleyMan
.333 member

Reged: 23/08/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Help with BRNO ZKK trigger assembly needed... [Re: enfieldspares]
      #83157 - 27/07/07 01:05 PM

You will need the lighter of the two U springs to hold the standard trigger against the upper sear piece and stop it rattling forwards and backwards.

Correct, the heavy U spring is used to power the set trigger and is not required for the standard trigger.

You will see the upper 'leg' of the standard trigger fits between the two flanges hanging down from the sear piece. The fit between these parts is often quite slack, and therefore the spring is required to take up this slack and prevent a huge amount of free travel before the sear starts moving.

The lower leg of the spring should fit into the notch cut into the standard trigger.

I found that fitting the standard trigger resulted in a big increase in creep... to the point I felt it was a backward step. It really needs a set screw to take up the slack and reduce sear engagement.

I persevered with tweaking the set trigger on both my ZKK's and ended up with an acceptably crisp light release when set. When used unset, it was only marginally better than the standard trigger.

If anyone develops a replacement trigger for the ZKK, it will fix the Achille's Heel of what is otherwise a great action!

Not sure if the CZ550 magnum trigger assembly can be retro-fitted as the action is very similar to the ZKK602?

Can you post an image of the split washer... don't recall seeing one on any of my ZKK's... someone may have slipped one under the rear action screw to limit overtravel of the screw end into the boltway above. Common cause of bolt-binding trouble on the ZKK's...

Cheers

TM

enfieldspares
.224 member

Reged: 12/07/07
Loc: Great Britain
Re: Help with BRNO ZKK trigger assembly needed... [Re: TilleyMan]
      #83183 - 28/07/07 06:26 AM

Many thanks. I had assembled the two rifles without either spring. I've now put back the lighter spring. Not that it makes a greatly noticeable differene. But I suppose it is one less item to lose if kept "on" the rifle.

I think that you are right about the washer. I certainly haven't seen one in that position in any other weapon. Nor does anyone else I ask that has knowledge about the ZKK recall it. As you say one owner's possible "fix"?

I prefer the aesthetics of the normal trigger and don't like either "set" or single-pull triggers. I'll have to live with the single-pull anyhow. That, and the safety, are my only criticisms of the design of the arm.

What I do like is the "peep" aperture rear sight. Both my rifles have it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2767

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com