Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: H.D. Schulnigg Mauser Info?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
SCGunNut
.224 member

Reged: 05/05/06
Loc: South Carolina
H.D. Schulnigg Mauser Info?
      #83154 - 27/07/07 12:29 PM

The shop I work at just took in an Austrian rifle on consignment. Can't find any listings for the maker and we're trying to determine value. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos which I know would help. It is a Mauser actioned .243 sporter with the following inscription on the floorplate:

H.D. Schulnigg, Salzburg Austria

Other than the caliber and serial number there are no other markings. It has a butterknife bolt handle, double set triggers and relatively plain {but nice} walnut in typical Bavarian style. It has an old claw mounted Swarovski 4x scope. The whole package is in near pristine condition, probably 99%. It was brought back by an old military man who has passed. I'm guessing it's '60s vintage but am only guessing. It is not "fancy" but just a really nice hunting rifle in like new condition.
Just wondering if anyone had heard of the maker. ANY info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: H.D. Schulnigg Mauser Info? [Re: SCGunNut]
      #83158 - 27/07/07 01:07 PM

I know a guy with a Waffen D'Schulnigg double .470 made in Austria. It is of excellent quality.

And here is another Waffen D'Schulnigg double:

http://www.hallowellco.com/Dschulnigg%208x75%20DR.[/img]htm

SCGunNut
.224 member

Reged: 05/05/06
Loc: South Carolina
Re: H.D. Schulnigg Mauser Info? [Re: SCGunNut]
      #83273 - 30/07/07 01:33 PM

I misread the markings, instead of "H.D. Schulnigg" it is H. Dschulnigg, as 500grains pointed out. Found a little info on the net once I got the name right. The "H" is for Helmut Dschulnigg. Turns out the company is still around and has a website but it looks like they are primarily an agent for other makers now. Could be wrong though as the site is in German, I just couldn't find any reference to them currently making arms. Anyway, I took the rifle back onto our 25 yard indoor range to try out those wonderful double set triggers and the old Swarovski (reticle physically moves when adjusted). It put 3 in one ragged hole. This is a really neat old rifle in fabulous shape that I'd love to have if I didn't have so many other irons in the fire. Good thing is that my best hunting buddy decided to give it a home for the decided on $1000 so hopefully I'll at least get to see it in action. That is if I can persuade him to actually hunt deer with a .243.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2868

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com