Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mannlicher Schoenauer carbine

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Mannlicher Schoenauer carbine
      #82765 - 21/07/07 06:54 AM

I'm looking at a nice M-S carbine with a single trigger. I would really prefer the double set trigger arrangement, but I know of no one in the States who works on these rifles and has access to the parts to change one over. NECG, maybe? Suggestions, anyone?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
zimhunter
.333 member

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Southern Arizona
Re: Mannlicher Schoenauer carbine [Re: xausa]
      #82923 - 23/07/07 12:16 PM

If memory serves me my 6.5x54 carbine had double triggers but additionally all the double trigger models I've seen also have a shotgun style trigger guard that inlets into the front of the pistol grip. It's not a very simple matter to change. Again if memory serves (this was over 30 years ago) most of the trigger asembly was attached to the bottom metal. They do look nice though with double triggers. Funny I prefer the RIFLE to have a single trigger though.

xausa
.400 member

Re: Mannlicher Schoenauer carbine [Re: zimhunter]
      #82955 - 24/07/07 01:50 AM

The carbine I'm looking at has the shotgun style trigger guard and the single trigger is located at the front of the guard, where the front double set trigger would otherwise be located. I believe the action has a removable trigger plate and I think it is a fairly simple job to remove the single trigger plate and substitute the one for the double trigger, if you know how and have access to the necessary parts.

zimhunter
.333 member

#82989 - 24/07/07 10:52 AM

If that is the case you are probably correct. Just have never seen one like that. Sounds like it WAS a double trigger modified to a single. Have you removed it from the stock and checked,It may have just had the set trigger removed. Would have no idea where parts could be obtained. Stoeger was the importer for years. Steyr is still in business, maybe they would have some idea. They are absolutely jewels of rifles.

xausa
.400 member

#83011 - 25/07/07 01:10 AM

Actually, the carbine was not mine until this morning, when the auction closed. You can see it under http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76215331.

I have already had a conference with Clearwater Reboring and will be shipping the barrelled action out to them to have the carbine converted to 9.3X62. I don't need another .270 and the thought of shooting one with a 20" barrel is unnerving from a noise standpoint. With the velocity loss, the performance would be about the same as a 7X57, and burn a lot more powder.

This will complete my set of 9.3mm bolt guns, since I already have 9.3X57 and 9.3X64 on regular 98 Mausers plus a 9.3X74R on a Rigby Magnum Mauser action. It also caters to my taste for G&H mounts, although I'll have to think over using the Lyman Challanger scope. It has a non-centered reticle, which really demands some windage in the mount (Buehler or Redfield), plus it has a 26mm tube diameter. However, I have lots of 1" rings to choose from and I look to outfit the rig with something like a Leupold 1.5-5X VariX III.

zimhunter
.333 member

#83014 - 25/07/07 02:17 AM

Very nice Mannlicher. Have never see one exactly like it as to the trigger. Last one I had was a rifle and had a G&H mount. The mount had been installed along with Pachmayr hidden swivels and was refinished by Pachayr. It also was 270. It was the transition model just before the one you have. Sorry I let it go.

Edited by zimhunter (25/07/07 02:19 AM)

333_okh
.275 member

Reged: 24/12/05
Loc: Northern California
      #84287 - 20/08/07 06:24 AM

O riginally thought the same as all above, but I have two factory single trigger MSs, one is a 1952 30'06 rifle, the other is a 1903 6.5 carbine. Shotgun gaurds with single triggers.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3138

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com