Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Remington 7600 or Browning BPR?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
.275 member

Reged: 26/01/07
Loc: Wangaratta/Victoria/Australia
Remington 7600 or Browning BPR?
      #81943 - 06/07/07 05:48 PM

I am looking at getting a slide action rifle most likely on .30/06 or .35Whelan, The two rifles I am looking at is the Remington 7600 or the Browning BPR, is one better than the other? I have shot the 7600 in .270Win. a few years ago and found it pretty good except the trigger but have not shot the BPR , any opinions? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Remington 7600 or Browning BPR? [Re: 308]
      #81951 - 06/07/07 11:29 PM

I have no experience with the Browning, but I can tell you something you probably already know; Support for the Remington slide action guns is extensive and should exist for many years. Browning has a tradition of changing models and charging lots for parts of even-existing models.

The Remington has a pretty good reputation in the USA for accuracy and reliability. A friend has used one for many years and taken many deer, bear and elk and cougar.

Remington's have a certain "tinny" feel to them in my opinion. The have lots of stamped, fabricated parts and when I was in the industry I sent a fair number back to Remington {actually, slide and auto} with barrel nuts that loosened leaving the barrels wobbly. Simple fix from Remington but it used to be, at least, an issue. Having said that, how common was the problem in light of the many many Rems sold? Probably not very.

Triggers on the Remington are notoriously spungy but the guns have a reputation for strength in handling a wide variety of cartridges and they are light and handy, too.

One in .35 Whelen would be fun, except I think Rem used a 1/16 twist.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #81952 - 06/07/07 11:41 PM

Have a 7600 in .270--gun was bought used--has had many, many rounds put through it--amazingly accurate when considering the action type--have NEVER had even one problem with it..

I agree-- the trigger is NOT good --maybe a smith could fix that--

No experience with the pump Browning but have shot several Browning semi-autos--plesant to shoot but none I have shot were very accurate--I realize they have since implemented the BOSS system --which was originally developed because of this model--have never shot one of those but have heard they have acceptable accuracy..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

ovis
.300 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Homer, Alaska
      #81979 - 07/07/07 12:55 PM

I hada 760 the precursor to the 7600. My old hunting buddy killed four of the nicest east coast whitetails I've ever seen w/it. Well, over 30 years old, it's still going strong........as of last summer,he owns it ......still in the bush.......30-06......uncomfortable to shoot, it would throw 180gr. roundnose(only)into tiny little groups.......I never cared for the rifle.......he loves it.

Joe

--------------------
"Where there's a hobble, there's hope."

Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: Remington 7600 or Browning BPR? [Re: ovis]
      #82118 - 10/07/07 12:22 AM

I have hunted with both in .243. The 7600 was a synthetic stock economy model. Both shot very well. The Browning is a more robust gun with a better - less creepy - trigger. The 7600 was a bit more responsive in brush. I didn't think trigger control was out of line on either model considering that the guns are designed for fast shooting in tight country. The Browning handles like a rifle while the 7600 reminds me more of a pump shotgun. I don't believe the Browning is currently being manufactured. When it came right down to it, I am happier with my old lever action .30-30 for that kind of hunting but it is probably a result of familiar versus unfamiliar gun design. Pump action rifles take some familiarization to be comfortable with.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4153

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com