Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Gunleather I Make.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Gunleather I Make.
      #81588 - 01/07/07 02:48 PM

Here's a rig I made a few years ago for my S&W 29-9. Belt, speedloader pouch, Forsythe-type 3/4Flap holster and open top also with the Forsythe-type belt loop.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
degoins
.333 member

Reged: 28/02/06
Loc: SC, USA
Re: Gunleather I Make. [Re: 9.3x57]
      #81779 - 04/07/07 03:23 AM

great looking rig and revolver. i see your tastes run retro like mine.

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: Gunleather I Make. [Re: degoins]
      #81816 - 04/07/07 10:46 AM

Thanks, but retro?

Around here that's cutting edge. I mean, after all, it is a rig for a double action revolver!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

degoins
.333 member

#81901 - 05/07/07 09:45 PM

yeah, true...lol!!

is that a barrel off of an old 44 special or did someone mill the rib off the original barrel? it looks great.

9.3x57
.450 member

#81904 - 05/07/07 11:37 PM

Quote:

yeah, true...lol!!

is that a barrel off of an old 44 special or did someone mill the rib off the original barrel? it looks great.

It's a 29-9, "Heritage" Model, 44 Mag. Light skinny barrel with ball detent front lock. The Heritage series was made some years ago {2000-2002 I think} in K and N frame revolvers {.38, .44 Sp, .44 Mag and .45 Colt}, about 250-500 each model as I remember. Blue, nickle and case hardened frames. They were sold as "collector" guns but I use mine. CDNN had them for sale, and for a while they could be sniped off Gunbroker or Gunsamerica for around $600. I see now they tend to go about $1000 or more. I had another one in nickle but sold it when I realized I could make a couple hundred bucks. I hate nickle, too.

The gun handles about identically to a 1926 Target and makes for a light steel-framed .44 Mag. I use a sort-of medium level handload in it of 18 grains of 2400 under a 240 grain bullet for about 1200 fps. I shot a bear with it and have used it around the ranch here but I'm really no handgun hunter. Mostly I use pistols for shooting butcher stock and stock-chasing dogs.

Truthfully, I prefer auto pistols and little-by-little got rid of all my revolvers some years ago. This is the last of my wheelguns left but it's a keeper.

--------------------

degoins
.333 member

#81906 - 06/07/07 12:17 AM

i'm not much of a handgunner myself, but i do like nice revolvers, especially the older or older looking ones. i recenty bought a reintro s&w model 22 in the 1917 version and love it. i had an original several years ago and like a fool traded it off for something i no longer have either. it was one of the brazilian contract revolvers that navy arms got in around '88. i would like to pop a hog with a handgun though. i've killed a total of one deer with one....a ruger bisley stainless 44 mag at about 30 feet. i used to hunt squirrels with my single 6, but havent been inspired to do that in a long time. anyway that's a nice set up you have there.

9.3x57
.450 member

#81912 - 06/07/07 02:15 AM

I've seen those 1917's. Neat guns.

You and me make two fools I guess, as I had an old '17 I rebarreled and kept around for sheep shooting on the ranch. Got rid of it for some reason. Wish i still had it.

I shoot lots of varmints {Ground Squirrels} with the pistols, .22, 7.62x25, 9mm and .357 SIG. But never a deer. Hogs WOULD be fun I think as a friend of mine goes south every year and shoots them. Says it is a lot of fun and tasty, too!

I carry mine in the woods wandering and skiing in the winter like this:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/S...gbackground.jpg

Wolves in the ski tracks...

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/S...rackwithSIG.jpg

And for varmints:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/?action=view&current=062106Stockslot2.jpg

Here's the Heritage along for the ride:

--------------------

degoins
.333 member

#81916 - 06/07/07 03:20 AM

man, you live in a target rich environment!!! actually we have more deer than varmits or small game of any kind.......in fact the deer are a varmit. and yes the hogs are great fun and great eating. i hunt them on public land when they're allowed and they are truly wild as there are no farms nearby most of the areas, so they dont get any corn. i used to have access to some private land with lots of hogs on that we could hunt year round, but that deal finally played out.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1972

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com