Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Poor Central Africa Republic

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Poor Central Africa Republic
      #79681 - 31/05/07 09:00 PM

Poor CAR

Last month, a skirmish between Sudanese rebels and PHs + hunting team lead to the death of two white peoples from Thierry Fecomme outfit. chasse vision safaris

It has been reported on the AR forum .
more on the CAR

I have just got news from my CAR outfitter Michel Angelvy.
Some blacks were injured too. One of them is the famous Oumar Auboussar who guided my cousin last year. Here is their picture.

This season, Oumar joined Thierry Fecomme organisation, a sad move.
During the skirmish he got 4 slugs from Sudanese AK47s : one in the wrist, one in the ankle, one in the bladder, the last one I don’know where. His career is possibly finished . He is one of the best African PHs in the CAR and a gifted and stunning tracker.

In my post in 2005, back from Wild Central Africa

that’s what I wrote concerning Oumar :

“Oumar his PH, a student of the CAR’s mythical best guide Abdoulaye, did more than his best. Paddling before my cousin in a river, he was smashed in the leg by a 10 feet crocodile’s tail. Oumar is a real pro and has some experience. In a posh territory, as a wannabe PH, searching a winged lion he was bitten in the knee before the lion flattened the PH. He managed to creep to the lion and be splashed with grey matter whilst “machetting” the lion’s skull. Another day, conveying 2 hunters, his car was suddenly rolling between 60 Sudanese poachers aiming at them with their Kalashnikovs. In low speed, he drove by, forced to stop for a hunter lost his cap. He didn’t recover the stolen cap but brought his clients safely to the camp. This Oumar, a black muslim, is a genius too. An outstanding tracker, he knows how to guess where the game will rest, letting the trackers zigzag on the long track and at best act as beaters, saving time and exertion for the best result. A complete over-achiever! At sun downer time, he never accepted anything other than Coca, what a dedication!”

I wish Oumar all the best and possibly a fast and complete recovery.
I wish the “Centrafrique” far more

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: Poor Central Africa Republic [Re: larcher]
      #79684 - 31/05/07 10:39 PM

I hope he recovers and can continue his PH career. Gorgeous bongo, what a trophy!

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Re: Poor Central Africa Republic [Re: larcher]
      #79704 - 01/06/07 04:35 AM

JB,

I'm sorry to hear that Luc's PH was injured by the damn Sudanese "rebels"/poachers. I hope Oumar eventually fully recovers, although from what you describe, it sounds like he will have a hard time bouncing back.

I also hope that the French(?) led anti-poaching team working in the CAR continues to get enough funds to expand, and hopefully rid the country of these poachers/"rebels".

Erik

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Poor Central Africa Republic [Re: EricD]
      #79708 - 01/06/07 04:48 AM

I too hope Oumar recovers. From your report and comments if he could not continue his career it would be a loss to the PH community in that country. He also sounds like a very game man and someone good to have nearby in a tight situation.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1358

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com