Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Stranded ele bowhunter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Stranded ele bowhunter
      #75831 - 07/04/07 06:49 PM

This is a S.O.S.
A French hunterfriend is very pissed.
He was due to Cameroon, with a notorious PH, Michel Tiran, to shoot a forest elephant with the bow and arrow in JUNE 2007.

Unfortunateley, the PH is back in France to be operated. Thus he has cancelled all his booked hunts.

Now my friend VINCENT LACOSTE dr.vincent.lacoste@wanadoo.fr

is frenetically looking for an Elephant in June.
In fact he doesn’t know the many operators in East and South-Africa and is looking for a serious operation offering sensible prices.

He cannot offered a pricy hunt in Botswana.
He would be most pleased with a PAC elephant if it can helps (availability in June and cheap). What he wants is shooting an ele, trophy is icing the cake only.
He is waiting for Jaco and Buzz answers.

IF ANY OF YOU CAN FIND AN OUTFITTER AND SEND HIM AN EMAIL : dr.vincent.lacoste@wanadoo.fr

Thanks a lot
jb

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: larcher]
      #75867 - 08/04/07 04:20 AM

I will send my PH a email to see if he is interested to hunt Ele with a bow hunter.
I will be hunting Ele with him next week.
ozhunter

Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: ozhunter]
      #75870 - 08/04/07 04:35 AM

If Cameroon isn`t ruled out yet, Safaris Chelet could be a possibility. Almost all hunters hunt with them for bongo, so there shoud be some elephant licenses left. They hunt with pygmy guides and the rain forest surely is an experience one will never forget. www.safaris-chelet.com

Kalunga

Wicked good hunting

shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: Kalunga]
      #75917 - 08/04/07 03:24 PM

I have a 7 day PAC bull elephant hunt in Botswana available for US$10K all inclusive and have e-mailed him details in case it's of any use..........

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: shakari]
      #75974 - 09/04/07 04:51 AM

Hey shakari
That sounds like a good offer and an unforgettable experience. To hunt a PAC elephant bull with a bow needs more than 10k, respect for the bowhunter that dares to stalk within bowrange and whack such a formidable opponent with an arrow!!!

Kalunga

shakari
.400 member

Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: Kalunga]
      #75981 - 09/04/07 06:00 AM

Yup, it's a pretty good deal huh..... The game dept ran a pilot scheme last year and the lightest ivory taken was 30 something pounds and the largest was 70 odd pounds.... I think 73lbs. The area has plenty of Elephants around and last year had a 100% success rate. - the hunt is 7 days duration which give us plenty of time to find a good bull.

We're pretty much sold out for 2008 & 09 at the current time, but the game dept have already told us they're going to increase the quota so we when we get that, we'll be able to offer a few more of these hunts.....

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Edited by shakari (09/04/07 06:01 AM)

bulldog563
.400 member

Reged: 21/10/05
Loc: California
      #76212 - 11/04/07 08:31 PM

What happens to the tusks? Does the Game Dept sell them later?

--------------------
Join the National Rifle Association:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

shakari
.400 member

Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: bulldog563]
      #76218 - 11/04/07 11:44 PM

They'll probably sit in a store room somewhere for the next few years and the game department will hope to be able to sell them at some time in the future.........

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

bulldog563
.400 member

Reged: 21/10/05
Loc: California
      #76279 - 12/04/07 07:45 PM

Is there any way the client could purchase them? I doubt it but can't hurt to ask. Sounds like an awesome hunt. Is Bowhunting Elephant allowed in Bots?

--------------------
Join the National Rifle Association:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

shakari
.400 member

Re: Stranded ele bowhunter [Re: bulldog563]
      #76281 - 12/04/07 08:45 PM

It's more complicated than just being able to buy them. The problem is that each country is issued with a limited/finite number of CITES export licences and in the case of Botswana, they use all those when they issue them to the sport trophy hunters who hunt places like the Okavango and pay 4 or 5 times (or even more) the price of this hunt.

As Botswana has a large and increasing number of Elephants in the tribal areas such as where this hunt takes place, they still want the Elephants controlled but don't have spare CITES export licences.... So they allow the Elephants to be shot at a lower price and keep the tusks in the hope that they'll be able to sell them some time in the future.

Bowhunting is allowed in Botswana but not usually for any Dangerous Game. If the hunt had been in a privately owned area they might have granted special permission but when we asked them for that permission on these hunts, they turned us down because there is a number of indiginous people living in the area and they felt it was too much of a risk to have a wounded Elephant running round with so many defenceless people in the area...... fair enough I suppose.

So, it's rifles only. - But it's a very good deal indeed. - esp for a Botswana Elephant. Even Mozambique is more expensive than this hunt. I spoke to a buddy of mine today who has a coutada in Mozambique and by the time we'd added in the charters and permits etc he was almost up to US$15K.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
      #78208 - 08/05/07 06:43 PM

I want to expressly thank Dphillips, Shakari and Jaco Human who made extensive efforts to help Vincent.
Thanks to Kalunga and ozhunter too.

Vincent has found an ele hunt in June in Zim. He'd like to shoot an hippo also but it seems not to be possible. He will consider a leopard instead.

Vincent was almost rude in not answering on this forum but he wants to keep silent as long as the hunt is not finalized. It' a matter of days only.
Even I am not aware of his quest.
Thanks everybody.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Edited by larcher (08/05/07 06:44 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2017

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com