Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: nock nock nockin' on heavens door

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

Pages: 1
larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
nock nock nockin' on heavens door
      #72066 - 21/02/07 04:36 AM

This is the gadget of the year, the new nock from NAP

New Archery Products introduced the New ThunderBall™ Magnetic Nocking System. Unlike conventional nock systems, this new magnetic nocking system virtually eliminates the effects of string torque and uneven nock travel for increased accuracy, better flight and deeper penetration. It is durable and installs in minutes. The ThunderBall™ Magnetic Nocking System has an index tab for fast and easy vane orientation and it fits most popular carbon and aluminum arrow sizes.

The ThunderBall™ Magnetic Nocking System will be available as a starter kit that includes the ball, 6 nocks, a wrench and a plastic nock for fletching. Also available are replacement packages in 12-packs for the nocks and a replacement ball package.

“This revolutionary system is so unique that all you need to do is position your arrow nock near the Fast Ball and it will literally nocks itself onto the string. By eliminating the effects of string torque and uneven nock travel, the archer will gain maximum performance in arrow flight,” states Bob Mizek, Director of Engineering for NAP.

For more information on all New Archery Products, contact: Tom Staszak, NAP, 7500 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130 phone: (800) 323.1279 www.newarchery.com.

Sure that will unnerved sweet Ann. It's not my goal , I just want to inform and get some opinions.

Edited by larcher (22/02/07 04:49 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: nock nock on the heaven's door [Re: larcher]
      #72081 - 21/02/07 06:02 AM

I wonder what's next in archery. Fowarad looking ifra red, laser designated, gyro stablized, wire-guided, smart arrow with flight managemt micro curcitry?

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: nock nock on the heaven's door [Re: bonanza]
      #72099 - 21/02/07 09:47 AM

I can't say that is one gadget I would run out to buy and put on my arrows and string. All you need is the string loop they have there and some unibushings on the arrows.

Remember Jean-Bernard, the more you attach to the string the more you slow it down!

So ya got my two cents worth!

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

larcher
.416 member

Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: nock nockin on heavens door [Re: AspenHill]
      #72188 - 22/02/07 04:57 AM

Ann

I agree.
The more your bow is adorned with gimmicks, the more you risk it fails at the crucial moment.

Bonanza
There is still leeway before using smart arrows.
That's the second archer's paradox : bowhunting to be close to the mother nature and at the same time using the best of the technology.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Scott
.275 member

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: nock nockin on heavens door [Re: larcher]
      #73169 - 05/03/07 10:57 AM

Amen

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: nock nockin on heavens door [Re: Scott]
      #73174 - 05/03/07 12:34 PM

Larcher.

It has been years since I have owned a bow. I used to shoot a Fred Bear super Kodiak with the instinctive style (no sights). I was ok to about 25 yards. I loved the purity of recurve, but acknowledge its limitations. I would be willing to conceded to lighter, quicker more lethal arrows, but If I take up archery again – it will be with a recurve.

Blair

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2316

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com