Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 2006 - How did your hunting season turn out?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
2006 - How did your hunting season turn out?
      #69514 - 15/01/07 05:27 PM

Mine was over before it started. I didn't even get to do any fishing in 2006. My year ended in back surgery with back surgery in October, then an additional Caudil spinal epidural the week of Christmas.

I've been living 2006 vicariously through the writings of Roy Chapman Andrews, Patrick Steward, Andelino Pires and others. But, I would like to read the adventures of Nitro Express members that had North American hunts this year. How did your hunting season turn out this year?

We have read about Adam's great Stone sheep hunt, even if he did cheat by riding horses into the high country and using help pack the animal out. Eh, Canadians! Okay, I'm envious, Adam. Not only of your fantastic Stone sheep, but of being able to use horses. The only beast of burden I get to use is, well, me!

Anyone else?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
Re: 2006 - How did your hunting season turn out? [Re: DPhillips]
      #70419 - 29/01/07 02:49 PM

There has to be more of us that put something on the ground.

Here is a meat buck I christened my 9.3x62 with.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Re: 2006 - How did your hunting season turn out? [Re: DPhillips]
      #70433 - 29/01/07 08:25 PM

Hi,

Mine was a bit "topsy-turvy" since I relocated from Virginia to Hawaii during the summer. So I did hunt the Virginia/Maryland fall-winter season this year. In Hawaii while we have year round hunting for wild pigs, our "glamor game": chital stag/axis deer, mouflon, etc. are normally spring-summer seasons so I missed most of that. Our main fall-winter hunting is for upland birds and I had a pretty good season. Again with relocating this is more "explore hunting areas and meet fellow hunters" time rather than hard core hunting. But I meet some new guys and had some great days a field hunting classic Indian game birds behind good English pointers and excellent wire-haired pointers. I'm waiting on some pictures and will post them when I can. Now I'm just getting read for stalking those beautiful chital stags...

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

Shanster
.275 member

Reged: 02/10/06
Loc: Seattle WA
Re: 2006 - How did your hunting season turn out? [Re: Chasseur]
      #70731 - 03/02/07 01:09 PM

The state pushed back our usual season 1 week. The ranchers were rounding up cattle the week that we were there. So no elk
Shannon

Double_Trouble
.375 member

Reged: 27/04/06
Loc: Canada
Re: 2006 - How did your hunting season turn out? [Re: Shanster]
      #70757 - 04/02/07 01:45 AM

Turkey Season:I didnt want to sit with black flies feeding on me.... I stayed back in the camp and cleared trails that needed up-keep and let the flies feast on me there. the three guys i went with sat in wait and got shut out.

Moose Season: saw a cow and a calf,as well as yearling no shot at the calf as the lead bike going in had no guns while I was 30 yds behind them carrying all three rifles on my bike... hate to tell them i told'ya so but i did over and over and over again!

Deer Season: camp got 4 deer should have been more like 8 or 9 ( at least) lots of misses and lots of new shirt tails on the wall of shame in the cabin. I never even saw one on any of my watches

Bear: we fed them good all that was left was the rope that held the rotting turkey carcass and some decent tracks.

Hunting overall for 2006 ...Excellent! would't trade it for the world as we had way over the limit in laughs and comradery. we may not be the most skilled or even the most dedicated bunch in the woods but we have a bootload of fun!

Oh.,,, got one red squirrel,,, I was left with no option , he was charging hard and it was either me or him!

did I mention going off the foot bridge on my ATV into the nippy waters of an Ontario stream? ... glad that bike has a winch..... just one of many stories from 2006!

can't wait for 2007 season to start,,, there is talk of going rabbit hunting after we get back from ice fishing in two weeks.... hope those lake trout arent to hungry, really cuts into the beer drinking time when they take the hook!

DT

--------------------
Double Trouble,
Speak not of what you do not know.
Listen up when it's time to.

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: 2006 - How did your hunting season turn out? [Re: Double_Trouble]
      #70930 - 07/02/07 04:25 AM

I took a small buck here in Vermont and trapped a few beaver. It's been a slow year for me with also moving to another state and a new job. Even worse, taxidermy bills coming in from '05!!!!

Hoping for more action now that '07 is here.

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1406

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com