Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Siamese Mauser

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
dondford
.224 member

Reged: 21/09/06
Loc: USA Alabama
Siamese Mauser
      #68269 - 29/12/06 09:29 AM

I have a Siamese Mauser receiver with no bolt nor bottom metal. It's in nice shape and I would like to build a rifle on it but haven't had any luck finding a bolt or bottom metal for it. Will other model 98 bolts and bottom work with it?

Thanks,
Don

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: Siamese Mauser [Re: dondford]
      #68281 - 29/12/06 01:58 PM

Not sure about the answer to your question, but about the only thing people built on Siamese Mausers were 45-70's, and they seldom fed properly. I would suggest that you forget about the action you have, decide what caliber you want your custom rifle to be in, then purchase the appropriate action for that caliber. You can sell the Siamese action for 75 bucks maybe to help fund the other project.

pjaln
.375 member

Reged: 08/06/06
Loc: massachusetts ,U.S.A.
Re: Siamese Mauser [Re: 500grains]
      #68288 - 29/12/06 02:54 PM

the action is very much like the original oberndorf slant box made for rigby in which they have a mag box angled as to let the rim of the cases sit in front of each other to feed properly ,the siamese were mostly converted to 45-70 .these actions resemble the 303.rigby or the 400/350 rigby
the original bottom metal is good looking and can be made to look much nicer than most mausers with a little work....paul

AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Re: Siamese Mauser [Re: pjaln]
      #68298 - 29/12/06 06:26 PM

Good Luck with your search! The regular 98 Mausers won't fit.
You'll be lucky if you find the parts you want. IMO look at Ebay and some of the online gun auction places for them.
I have 3 of them and the work fine. Feeds smooth and reliably! I like the fact that I can load them way hot and they are safe.

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

zimhunter
.333 member

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Southern Arizona
Re: Siamese Mauser [Re: dondford]
      #68329 - 30/12/06 04:49 AM

Can't help with the bolt but mine is a Mannlicher stocked 30/40 and feeds as smooth as any rifle in my collection. Shoots nice also. Whoever built it did a fantastic job on it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2145

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com