Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Is hunting in AUS expensive ?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Is hunting in AUS expensive ?
      #66 - 29/12/02 02:54 AM

From: Safari-Hunt (Original Message) Sent: 10/30/2002 8:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to one day come over and visit. It will be in Sidney as my wife as some family there she would love to see again. So in the area is there any way that I could go hunting anything and by anything I mean anything as long as I use a gun

I know you have some great big game as well like Sambar but I suppose that is expensive. So yes if you guys can help me dream some more than I will make more of an effort to come over.

Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Safari-Hunt

Hunting in Australia is very good value. Most of my hunting here has been self-guided so the current rates of outfitters may not be that up-to-date. but ..

Daily rates can be as low as A$250 ie $US130 per day.

A trophy deer hunt of 3 to 5 days can cost as little as A$3500 including the daily rates and trophy fee. Depending on the species the trophy fees can be higher. Deer species include sambar, red deer, fallow deer, axis or chital deer, rusa deer and hog deer. The best time to hunt deer is usually March to May during which the rut occurs etc. From about Oct to Jan/Feb they may have shed their antlers or be in velvet. The Asiatic deer such as Sambar can be hunted all year - Hog, Rusa and Chital I would need to check up on. September is a good time for Sambar.

Sambar deer can be hunted with a guide for very reasonable rates. Some do weekend guided hunts as well. They can also be hunted self-guided on certain National Parks and State Forests in the mountains. Victoria is not that far from Sydney so it is possible to hunt there if you are hunting for a few days. You would need to have a suitable rifle - 270 or larger firing at least a 130 gr projectile, a Victorian hunting licence, camping gear, knowledge of where you can hunt, a suitable vehicle probably a 4WD and a lot of luck and skill. Most hunters hunt a lifetime without taking a good trophy sambar stag as while in good numbers they are very thin on the ground and inhabit thickly forested mountain country.

Check out the "pictures" section and "deer" for "Stanley Stag's" great sambar trophies. Stanley - are you out there anywhere???

Cheap hunting is possible for feral goats and pigs.

If you hunt nothing else see if you can get yourself a "Big Red Boomer" skin ie a red kangaroo skin.

Buffalo will start from about A$4000 and up to twice that. They are hunted only in the "Top End" where you can usually hunt pigs as well. There are some in fenced hunting reserves but my experience with them is that these are very tame (and VERY expensive).

If hunting near to Sydney it may be possible to hunt some of the following species : red, fallow, rusa deer, goats, pigs, roos. Plus rabbits, hares, foxes etc.

When you are looking seriously at opportunites if you are definitely coming over, give me an email.

Nitro

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1582

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com