Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My first game ever

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
cchunter
.375 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Kinna, Sweden
My first game ever
      #605 - 07/01/03 07:47 AM

My first game ever.

1990 was my first hunting season, I was young and unexperienced. We were hunting roebuck in Sweden and start date is 16/8 every year.

A couple of evenings without seeing anything else than females with kids built up the exitment and this evening I had been placed on a good spot were a buck has been seen the day before. I laid down at the top of the hill and waited. Time went by and after a while my boots started to feel uncomfortable and I lifted my leg up a little to fast. 20 meters down to the left from me he stood, turned around and was away in a second. If I had waited just five more seconds to move or checked around me I would have seen him and got a perfect shot at him.

The day after I was going to make a new attempt, the leason was learned and I crawled all the way up the hill and got in position. After an hour the buck showed up fronm the forrest and iI would have the perfect opurtunity to take him if it hadn't been for the sun. Having a cheap Simmons lens on my Tikka M 30-06, made nothing visable through. The only thing I could do was to wait for the sun to dawn behind the trees. It took 15 minutes but felt like hours. Just when I culd see through the lens I let the bullet away, a little high it hit the spine and he died before he hit the ground.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
Re: My first game ever [Re: cchunter]
      #629 - 07/01/03 11:15 PM

My first game was warthog I won't say a warthog as it was two warthogs in one shot

The farmer gave me the 308 told me where to go and find the warties. I was 14 and sort of scared, off on my own to hunt warthogs. I've heard stories how dangerous they can become and it went trough my mind at quite a speed.

At the fountains I saw nothing had a better look and saw these odd looking rocks that I've never seen before. Trough the scope I saw 9 pigs lying in the shade of a tree. I stalked the best that I could to a nearby tree took a dead rest and waited, one of the pigs was restless and looked up I took aim and off went the shot. Warthogs and more warthogs flying everywhere in all directions ! I ran back a few steps scared of one coming my direction to attack me and then heard the squeal like only a pig can squeal. My hart dropped my face as well looking back I saw the young pig trying to get up I got closer and finished him off. What have I done I asked myself the farmer is never going to let me hunt here again. My first hunt on my own for my first kill and I "F$$$ed up"

I dragged the pig to the base of the tree and decided to take the long walk back which would be extra long because of my heavy heart. I looked back and saw another odd stone lying in the nearby grass my heart and my face lightend up it was the pig I aimed for stone dead.

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: My first game ever [Re: cchunter]
      #2252 - 31/03/03 03:46 AM

My first game animal was a Wild Boar in Taiwan. I was stationed there in the service in 1967-1968, and got into a conversation about hunting. Up until that time, I had only read about hunting, and also listened to deer hunting stories from my Uncle Vince. Anyway, we started talking to some of the locals, and found out that the mountains in the area held quite a few Wild Boar, and were considered to be rather dangerous, as the critters were nasty, and the jungle cover was very, very thick, limiting visibility. The favored method of hunting was for 2 hunters to treck into the forest, and search out areas where you could find tunnel like trails through the overgrown bush. Then the 2 of you would sit back to back with your rifles trained on a bend in the tunnel, and wait for the hogs to appear. You would hear them long before you ever saw them. On my first outting, my buddy and I shot 3 hogs, and we brought them back to the base where the cooks in the mess hall prepared them outdoors in a fire pit. They were excellent!, and I was hooked on hunting after that.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1504

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com