Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Poland 2001, my story

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
cchunter
.375 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Kinna, Sweden
Poland 2001, my story
      #341 - 02/01/03 01:04 AM

Read about my hunt in Poland 2001

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
Re: Poland 2001, my story [Re: cchunter]
      #371 - 02/01/03 11:13 PM

Nice hunt and story,

I dunno if it does attrcat me to go hunting as I have so many animals here in AFrica I still have to hunt it will take me a lifetime

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

cchunter
.375 member

Re: Poland 2001, my story [Re: SafariHunt]
      #375 - 03/01/03 04:50 AM

After my trip to Poland I decided that I had to do that over and over again, then I had a nice price for Africa and after my hunt july 2002 I have no thaughts of Poland anymore, 2 or 3 more trips to Africa are already planned though!

--------------------

Christer Hansson

NitroExpressComAdministrator
.275 member

Reged: 24/12/02
Loc: NitroExpress.com
      #394 - 03/01/03 12:34 PM

cchunter

as you would know from our previous discussions regarding your Polish hunt I am very interested in hunting in that region. The part of Western Poland previously known as the Prussian region of East Brandenburg being my ancestral homeland.

Your story annoyed me greatly. Not at you. At myself. As I was in the region in May and June last year and wanted to do some hunting.
Left the organisation a bit late and all the agents I contacted were not very useful or interested for that matter.
A couple said, boar hunting in Summer is too difficult. And then I read your very interesting story from the year before.
I could have done it then with no problems.

I think the key is finding the right agent or outfitter. Some of the agents seem to view most enquiries especially from the internet as being just that.
Enquiries rather than real prospects. And what do they end up with? Lots of enquiries and NO PROSPECTS.

But when I next travel to Europe I definitely want some real HUNTING! And leads to people that do the job well and with service such as the people you recommended should help.

Africa has a LOT of appeal to me too. But Europe is so different to what we have here that for me it is a very worthwhile experience. Safari-Hunt don't get too blinkered. I think it would be great to hunt Swedish Elch (moose) and Alaskan Grizzleys too.

NitroX

--------------------

NitroExpress.com

cchunter
.375 member

Re: Poland 2001, my story [Re: NitroExpressCom]
      #505 - 06/01/03 06:08 AM

NitroX

I know the treatment from Internet request to well, and I also think that a request from Australia is not taking with that big seriousity either. I recomended you to take contact with Diana Hunting tours to request a catalog, did you do that and if so did you get a catalouge? If not let me know as I see them in 10 days on a fair and will in that case get you an english edition.

What was the name of the villages and cities you had relations with? We have our own factory in Stargard Szcz. and an appartment in Szcecin (Stettin).

I think that you as an aussie finds Europe as exotic as I find Africa and would find Australia.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
      #578 - 06/01/03 08:43 PM

NitroX & CCHUNTER,

Yes I suppose I get blinkered I'm not saying I won't hunt anywhere else what I would love to do is to hunt everytime when I go overseas. But my priority is Africa the others will have to be opportunity till I can afford it.

I live here and most of the regular hunters from America have shot more diffrent species of game than I now, that is sort of shamefull even if I hunted a lot more than I have shot. Of all the different species this is my list so far.

Warthog, Kudu, impala, mountain reedbuck, bushbuck, springbuck, blesbuck, blue wildebeest, black wildebeest and gemsbuck that is only 10 different species from a list that will go on for ages. Most overseas hunters do that in one or two trips.

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

cchunter
.375 member

Re: Poland 2001, my story [Re: SafariHunt]
      #589 - 06/01/03 11:07 PM

My list so far is as follows

Sweden

Moose (2)
Roe deer
Hare
Badger

Poland

Roe deer
Wild Boar

South Africa

Kudu
Impala
Oryx
Warthog

A total of 9 different

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1993

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com