Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: SxS Question

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
banzaibird
.333 member

Reged: 18/09/05
Loc: S.C. Pennsylvania, USA
SxS Question
      #55161 - 19/04/06 02:53 AM

I recently purchased this shotgun online. I got it because it was quite cheap and was thinking of converting it to a double rifle. Now I usually make a monoblock from scratch so the barrels wouldn't be cut but when I received this today I began looking over it and it piqued my curiosity. First I can't find any info at all on the maker. Second the barrels appear to be their original length (I figured they were chopped) and on further inspection it looks as if the chamber has a very very long tapering forcing cone. Not the typical forcing cone of a gun built in 1926. So my thought was that this might have been a slug gun? What is the likelyhood? Most of the proof marks are typical for the time. However there is the marking "M.Sch. 4" on the underside of the right barrel. Also on the watertable of the action there is the marking "D.R.P." Then the number 400359 under that. Then on the other flat is the serial number which matches all the rest of the guns marking. Anyone have any ideas what these are? The only other peculiar thing is the gun is stocked for right hand but the triggers are reversed so the fron trigger fires the left barrel.

Any info/insight would be great.

Bill

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1432

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com