Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Help Needed small time for a Martini...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Help Needed small time for a Martini...
      #5508 - 08/12/03 02:51 PM

No not a drink, for a Francotte Martini Cadet.

I am in the process of restoring two Martini cadets. One is a Francotte in 297/230 Morris Long. The other is a .310 Cadet. I am restoring both rifles back to their original configuration.

Both rifles have the Francottes style action with all the internal part attached to the trigger group.

Once restored I intend to give the .297/230 Morris Long to my Granddaughter.

For those who don't know the 297/230 Morris Long was a training cartridge first used in the Morris tube that was inserted in the Martini Henry rifle for sub-caliber shooting practice. It was later adapted to the Cadet rifle and later replaced by the .310 Cadet.

L.R .22 Hornet, .297/230 Morris Long, .22LR and .22Short.

The cartridge is about the size of a .22 LR. Cases can be made from .22 Hornet cases.

The .297/230 Morris Cadet I am restoring is in need of front-end furniture.

The forestock is of the type that uses 2 barrel bands.
I have another Morris Cadet and the forestock end is quite different. The one I am restoring is the lower one in the picture. The forestock I have is has been repaired at one time. The stock Tenon on the bottom of the barrel is also broke of at the solder line and needs resoldered. The bore and chamber are very good, The out side has the typical pipe wrench marks and is probably how the tenon got broke off. I will have to do a little draw filling to clean the barrel up.

What I need is barrel bands If someone has a set please drop me an email. I should mention that the Morris barrel is a smaller dimaeter than the 310 barrel. If I could find a replacement stock that would be a nice also.

Can any one help me with my project!

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5368

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com