Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: TRADGEDY

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
bigdog
.375 member

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: Southern Illinois
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bigdog]
      #106648 - 04/06/08 12:34 PM

Kyle, you know how I feel about everything. You know how much I miss you and all about the pain. 800 days have passed since you have been gone, and it has not changed a thing about this whole situation. You know how much I will always love you. If you could use those wings to fly down and say hi sometime, your mom and I would really appreciate it. Love you buddy, Dad

--------------------
Kyle, I love you buddy, Dad

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ovny
.375 member

Reged: 19/06/08
Loc: Spain
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: 500grains]
      #107735 - 20/06/08 05:38 AM

I am very sorry bigdog, imagine what you're passing by, I have two small children and I would die if something similar happened. I just hope that seais strong, the other children and assured that your little that will leave proud of you.

A hug friend,

Oscar.

--------------------
I am Spanish

bigmaxx
.375 member

Reged: 13/06/07
Loc: Bowling Green KY U.S.A.
      #107742 - 20/06/08 08:18 AM

Your in my thoughts and prayers...

--------------------
One day at a time...

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bigmaxx]
      #114324 - 13/09/08 01:37 PM

Kyle

Hey little buddy, it has been 900 days without you here and I think of you many times every day. I have made a lot of gun trades and gotten some really good stuff in that time. There isn't a day that goes by that I wouldn't give everything I own to spend an hour with you. I miss you that much. I am always thinking about you partner, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Things for me and mom will never be the same and we are still sad a lot of the time.I wish you were here with us buddy. I can't wait to see you again some day. Till then I will probably keep talking to you every day. Mom and I will never forget all the great times we had together. Sometimes when I am busy with shooting or reloading, some of the pain goes away for at least a little while. I guess this is the way it has to be for now. I sure miss all the little things that you and I did together every day. Know that you will be in my heart for ever. Love ya buddy!!!

--------------------

munk
.224 member

Reged: 17/04/08
Loc: Montana USA
      #115038 - 21/09/08 06:21 PM

Dear Bigdog,

Prayers for you and your family at this time of loss. From reading, I know Kyle was fortunate to have your love for those years he had here. God Bless you.

munk

BigUglyMan
.224 member

Reged: 16/12/07
Loc: Aklavik, NT
      #116201 - 03/10/08 06:42 PM

Nothing much I can say but that I'm so sorry for your loss.

--------------------
An elephant is an awesome amount of death.

The Most Northern Member - Double Rifle Shooters Society

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: BigUglyMan]
      #116278 - 05/10/08 09:38 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words. The one thing I have learned over the last 2 1/2 years is that it never goes away! If anyone would like to see some great pictures of a really great kid, you can see pics of Kyle by using google to kyle-greenlee.memory-of.com. I know I have put so many post on here that some of you probably feel like you know Kyle. I lost him 2 1/2 years ago right after I joined this forum. I know I still really miss him.

--------------------

Pivi
.224 member

Reged: 12/05/08
Loc: italy
      #116391 - 07/10/08 01:12 AM

Bigdog,
I looked at the web site.I am sorry for your loss

Marco

--------------------
Proud to be Furlan pividori.marco@gmail.com

Bigfive
Sponsor

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Freestate,South-Africa
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Pivi]
      #116609 - 10/10/08 07:06 PM

Hi Bigdog,
Such a loss is too big for any man to carry. You and your family are in our prayers. It will never go away.

--------------------
"Hunting is a way of life"
Bigfive,South Africa

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #116690 - 12/10/08 01:34 AM

Bigdog,

While I do not know what to say, I understand how you feel. The best thing that some of us can say here is that we feel for your loss.

May you have the strength to live with the pain.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #121759 - 21/12/08 05:59 PM

Kyle, it has been 1000 days since I had to tell you good bye at the hospital. 1000 days with a broken heart. 1000 days of going nuts and asking why? 1000 days with no answers at all.1000 days of tears running down my face. I miss you and I think of you ALL the time. I hope you are flying around up there having fun. Love you buddy!!!!!!!! Dad

--------------------

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
      #121777 - 22/12/08 12:42 AM

Bigdog,

I remember the day this happened and it still makes me very sad. I know you said was an accidental strangulation. What were the circumstances; are there lessens that could be passes along?

Regards;
Balir

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bonanza]
      #121902 - 22/12/08 05:22 PM

My son was always on the daredevil side of things. I was always telling him to be careful, because he could get hurt. He always laughed and said, "aw dad you worry too much. He was a typical skateboarder. He just didn't think things through sometimes. He was tying a bunch of ropes up in out lost and standing on the vertical access ladder( the only way up to the small loft area. I think he was setting up some ropes from the ceiling beams to horse around with some buddies. He was on the phone with his girl friend at the time and slipped on the ladder and got caught up in the ropes and entangled and was basically strangled. His girl friend called me and said Kyle might have fallen off the ladder becaues the phone went dead, and was busy when she tried to redial it. I was about 8 miles away. I called several nearby people to check on him , but no one was home. I thought he was probably goofing around and just not answering the phone. I drove home fast and got stopped by a cop on the way. I got out and went over and told him that my son may have fallen and I was going to check on him. I still did not think anything was wrong but wanted to make sure. I could have driven faster to get home. When I got home I thought he was sitting on a lower wrung of the ladder, because he was so close to the floor, then I realized that his feet were not touching the floor. I started doing CPR and my brother came and called the ambulance. I live 4 blocks from the police/fire station in a small town. The ambulance got there and took him to the local hospital. They revived his heart and got him breathing a gain and flew him to St.Louis Childrens hospital. He never gained consciousness and they did organ donations 3 days later. They had done a test to see if he was brain dead and we thought he was gone, the 2nd day, but when they did the second test to confirm it 6 hours later, he reacted to the pain stimulous and started breathing again on his own. We thought that this was a good sign and that at least the top dog was finally listening to the literally thousands of prayers being sent his way. So the hope started all over again. The third day he quit breathing on his own and was determined to be brain dead.They pronounced him brain dead a few hours later at 8:30 pm. The doctors kept him alive till the next day at noon, to line up all four organ recipients. We would not let them take him to a different place to harvest the organs, so they had the people fly to that hospital for the transplants. Being with him beside his bed the last night, knowing that they were taking him the next day at noon was gut wrenching, Stacy and I never left his side for 4 days. We had an entourage of about 40 family members that took over the waiting areas. We both come from big families and all live close to one another. My mom still feeds 26 people every Sunday for dinner after church. Thats what full blooded Italian mothers do. We said our final god byes and final hugs in the hall way at the elevator at noon the next day through an incredible amount of tears. After thinking back on everything that happened , I would have a) driven a lot faster to get home, and b) called the local police station first before heading home.They could have had an officer at my house in a minute and a half. But I was not thinking clearly at the time. My biggest regret was not being able to help Kyle sooner. A few minutes could have saved his life. Parents are supposed to be able to keep their children safe and I had failed miserably. I still can't believe this happened in my own home! I am sorry if there are typoes, my vision is blurry any water keeps dripping on the screen as I type this. It is nothing new for me as I go through this thought process, every day of my life.

--------------------

ovny
.375 member

Reged: 19/06/08
Loc: Spain
      #121944 - 23/12/08 06:59 AM

Do not blame your friend, your story is heartbreaking, we never know where we can find our purpose or our loved ones. You keep recordand every day to your dear son, because I was taught that a person does not die, while another remembers. Receives thousands of hugs and feel lost in your soul,

A strong hug,

Oscar.

--------------------
I am Spanish

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
      #121950 - 23/12/08 08:01 AM

Bigdog,

Thank you for sharing that with me; I did not intend to be nosy. We grew up in families that gave us kids long leases. You can't hover over them all the time. I'm a single dad of a 10 year old daughter and try to let her learn responsibilities by letting her take risks. I frightens me at times and I want to pull her back. Take firearms for example. I sometimes think she will get hold of my hand gun and discharge it. I fall back on trust at that point.

Your son's tragedy is now part of my life. You said hug you child every day - I hug Fiona 10 times a day.

Your friend;
Blair

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bonanza]
      #121956 - 23/12/08 09:26 AM

Make it 11 hugs and tell her one is from me. I am with you on the trust issue. My kids were all shooting at a young age with close supervision. They think of guns as a tool and respect them. The can shoot to protect themselves if the need ever arises. Not paranoid, just prepared in my opinion. I did not want them growing up afraid of them nor in total awe of them.Kyle started at four and got in 10 years of shooting and hunted a lot his last 4 years. He was my number one shooting partner. I picture him with me every time I go shooting. He is with me still.

--------------------

dale
.333 member

Reged: 28/02/06
Loc: logan W.V.
      #122159 - 24/12/08 08:05 PM

Bigdog,

I want to wish you and your family a very special Merry Christmas this year and I know Kyle will be in your hearts. Please forgive my lack of post to you but I constantly think about you and Kyle. I have come to know you by your written word have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for you. I have read your post many,many times and have to fight the tears each time, your strength is a becon for me and I want to let you know I am a much better father and son because of your words. I know it is of little comfort but your post have given me a gift allowing me to appreciate each and every day with my family. I sincerely hope time will ease some of the pain and believe some day you will be reunited with Kyle.
Kindest regards,
Dale

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: dale]
      #122268 - 25/12/08 06:07 PM

Thanks guys and I want to wish everyone out there a merry Christmas. Ours will be fairly subdued, be we will make it through another Christmas season. The 3rd one is a tad bit more bearable than the first one was without Kyle. Everybody out there give an extra hug and kiss to your loved one. Spend a little more time listening to your child's story about whatever they are going on about. Be a little more patient and use a little more understanding when dealing with your children in frustrating times. My father passed away at 51 in 1988 and his advice to me on children was don't sweat the small stuff, because you can argue every day with your child if you want to. Pick your battles and make sure they are important. Don't get hung up on a power play and spend all the time you can being the best parent you can be. No one was ever on their death bad and wished they had worked more hours or made more money, but lots of people wish they had spent more time with kids and their family. Time has a way of slipping by quickly at times. The kids are grown before you know it. Life is all the little thing that go on while you are working towards your big goals. I try to live by these simple rules and they have worked for me so far. I am extremely close to all of my kids and I am thankful for the 4 I have left. So take time and enjoy them, because you truly never know what lays ahead. Love them with all your heart and you will be a lot happier in the long run. Money just buys thing, and you can always make more money. Have a great blessed and safe holiday season. Not trying to preach any great wisdom, just sharing a few thoughts on Christmas with friends.

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#122466 - 28/12/08 07:41 AM

Happy birthday little man. What do you look like at 17?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#130403 - 25/03/09 05:41 AM

Kyle,
3 years ago tomorrow I was doing CPR on you. I am so sorry that it did not work. Still really missing you all the time. You would think 3 years would be a lot easier. I hope you know that I am with you all the time buddy. I sure miss you at all the gun shows since you were always my shadow. Love always Dad

--------------------

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
      #130414 - 25/03/09 06:42 AM

Truly sorry bigdog. Best wishes and you take care of yourself.

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: JabaliHunter]
      #130415 - 25/03/09 06:55 AM

Strange thing, i dont know you but i get a big klump in my chest and wet eyes every time i stumble in here, take care.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

450_EXPRESS
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: S.C.Montana
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: 450_366]
      #130418 - 25/03/09 07:39 AM

I just saw this the first time today. I really don't have, and doubt there truly are, any words that can comfort such a loss. I think it tugs at every father's heart. My sincere condolences and prayers for you and family.

Shackleton
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/07
Loc: Iowa
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: 450_EXPRESS]
      #130754 - 29/03/09 03:20 PM

I've read this thread almost from the beginning, and my heart goes out to your family. My daughter was just born in November and I can't imagine the loss.

One thing I must say, is that this forum is awesome regarding this. Any other message board I frequent would have been complaining long ago. Bigdog, never forget that there are people here you've never met who care, and as far as I'm concerned, these posts are more than welcome. If it helps at all, post. We'll all read it. I wish I could have met him, he sounds like a great kid.

--------------------
"I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."--Stephen King

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Shackleton]
      #142787 - 28/09/09 12:50 AM

A little over 3 1/2 of the longest years of my life tomorrow. Kyle, still missing you everyday. Wish like crazy you could be going to Texas next weekend with me to the shoot. We would have a blast. Thinking of you all the time little buddy!!

--------------------

Edited by bigdog (28/09/09 12:51 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 52441

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com